ABB

ABB Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun to work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 4, 2014
good leadership and accountable, team player, good coordination
it is a good company
Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
You can find a lot of chance to contact many new technologies there.
You can work at company, and can go to work at site also, it needs versatile skills.
Many projects are challenge, but I like it.
Poor Management
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor job planing
Barrier between Management and the employees.not proper work planning.

please contact me for my personal opinion.
cricket
trainee (Former Employee), vadodaraMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no
i do traning i abb.

me learn my basic traning in abb.

good.

nice

all i wee here.

but this company is drop after traning
Renowned company in power engineering
Trainee engineer (Former Employee), Baden,SwitzerlandMarch 19, 2013
Renowned company in power engineering , very useful knowledge and know how has been transferred to people attending the training for engineers.
working Environment was good
Graduation Internship (Former Employee), indiaJanuary 22, 2013
learned about different kind of metals and specially of steel. corrosion resistance method for metals and oil refinery industries.
working Environment was good
Graduation Internship (Former Employee), indiaJanuary 22, 2013
I got experience in metals corrosion and corrosion on oil refinery
LV Electrical Motors Product Manager
LV Electrical Motors Product Manager (Former Employee), SP, BRAZILJanuary 9, 2013
- Responsible for management, strategic planning and product placing in the Brazilian market;
- Adapt European products according to Brazilian Standards (NBR);
- Manage stock, price lists and application
- Develop market and implement new products in Brazil;
- Training sales people.
- Lead application engineering team
Global company - US office in Carey, NC. Fantastic 20 years working for a top corporation
Sr. Exec. Assistant to President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 2, 2014
Learned much, met fantastic people. Working for a global company affords you the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Traveled numerous times to Switzerland numerous times for business. Great opportunity.
Process based company
AIX Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, snaks & tea
Cons: lang hurs
I working for IBM India Pvt for ABB Project for the past 3.10 Years.
To manage and schedule the daily process of Power T&D operations
Manufacturing Team Lead (Current Employee), Pinetops, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: vacation and personal days
Cons: equipment need updated
ABB has provided me with valuable training to enhance my ability to be effective in the work industry.
not much to tell
Material Handler/Receiver (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 20, 2014
This was a temporary posistion I held to make ends meet. So it doesn't stand out in my mind.
Electrical and SCADA engineer
Testing and COMMISSIONING Engineer of IEMS (Current Employee), BangaloreJune 11, 2014
• Engineering and Commissioning of ABB 800xA, Microscada, CET,PCM600,CAP 505,Control Builder,SAS and RTU560 . PLC Configuration & SCADA for Process Automation. Proven expertise in planning, designing and scheduling scada projects and expertise in OPC SERVER, IEC61850 / IEC 101/IEC104 protocol and MODBUS (serial & TCP/IP) protocol.
• Demonstrate skills – more... in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including Batch software, DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, SAS Hands on experience in HT and LT switchboard with Numerical protection relay communicating with Server and HMI through IEC 61850 switches.
• Expertise in working on controller cabinets (I/O racks, I/O modules, controller, Modbus interface), ABB Automation (800XA,Microscada and RTU560), 11kv,33kv,66kv,110kv,220kv Substation level monitoring and controlling of circuit Breakers through control cables & network cables.
• Scada Commissioning and Testing of Switch gear and Switch yard panels. Equipment like CurrentTransformer,PotentialTransformer, CircuitBreaker, Isolator,Transformer and Lightning arrester.
• Errection and commissioning of Control panels for Switchyard, Switchgear and Scada panels also and Cable scheduling, laying activities and termination of the panels for Power cable, Control cable, Network cable(OFC) and Testing and commissioning up to hand over. – less
Professional Office Environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee), St. Neots, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: interesting environment
Cons: not a permanent role
A professional and modern work environment in which I support internal Project Managers and Engineers as work dictates on a day to day basis.

In addition I provide cover and support for Colleagues who also fulfil an Administration role within the Company.

Support is provided to Customers as required too.
Good
Testing & commissioning of 132KV switchyard. (Former Employee), Thane, MHMay 26, 2014
It was good experience working with ABB limited which helped to gain knowledge both technically and personally
Energy & Electricity
Switches, EPR and Solar Product manager (Former Employee), Lyon, B9May 25, 2014
My objective is continue working for an energy company, which preferably focuses on sustainable development, a strong interest of mine. My goal is not only to continue to grow as a product manager but also to broaden my knowledge on energy markets at an international level.
Learnt lot in my present company about product
sr service engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMay 20, 2014
Pros: lunch at reasonable price
Learnt lot about product related to manufacturing and after sale service activities. Had good co-worker.
Productive, looked after employers
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee), Sunderland, Tyne & WearMay 19, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues, flexible
Kept busy with a variety of work to do. General reception duties, typing documents, preparing quotations and updating time sheets on a daily basis. Moving departments as and when needed i.e holidays maternity leave, sickness. Worked using my own initiative without supervision and managed my own time. Colleagues were friendly and helpful. Loved doing – more... a variety of work and at ABB I was used to doing this. – less
Great learning but terrible work culture
Training and Communication Manager - REMSC (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: too much protocol, government hierarchy, zero tolerance to women
A great name and a good brand to work under, ABB truly encourages talent. As a company it is good, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the work culture In India. It is a culture which is similar to a government organisation, where everybody addresses people above them as Sir or Madam. They believe that if you need some work done you will need – more... to beg and beg and be at their beck and call, even if it is exactly what they are paid to do. More time is spent on politics and how to antagonize somebody or to get to the top. Most people are two-faced where they change their take on matters when the boss is present. There is zero tolerance for women and the men come from the mind-set that women are best suited for the kitchen and should not move up in their career.

However there are opportunities that come up to showcase your talent and great employee mobility, but it really depends on how well you network and being at the right time at the right place. – less
Very Racist
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Subang jayaMay 14, 2014
Tough place to work,I have learned good engineering practice but in a very tough manner

1 2 3 4 5

About ABB

If robots actually do take over the world, you can thank ABB Inc. The US operations of global manufacturing conglomerate ABB have – Read more