ABB Inc

ABB Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very well structured organization
Mechanical engineering intern and part-time worker (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great cafeteria
This company has good management, good facilities and a good work atmosphere. I learned how to work within a multi-disciplinary team, how to follow various projects at the same time and improved my CAD skills.
Good company to work for
Local Business Unit Manager (Former Employee), Lachine, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: overlap in different business units causing some frustration.
Good company with very high work ethics. Some overlap in their different divisions,. Open to reallocate people when necessary. Good & successful addition of the Thomas & Betts group in the Low Voltage division. ABB is very strong in the High voltage arena.
Excellent support with knowledgable team
Site Manager (Former Employee), Northern Alberta, Northern SaskatchewanJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good communication
Cons: need more weekly conference calls with clients
ABB work ethics are top grade with excellent support it has been a pleasure to be a part of their team
poor management, unclear and or inconsistent direction
Intermediate Electrical Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: cheap with fringe benefits
not enjoying the experience, not the worst but certainly not the best.
lack mentoring
poor drawing quality due to inconsistent or lack of clear direction
Great Place to Work
Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 7, 2013
Truely a great place to work. Highly recommended. Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. The "work hard, play hard" mantra makes going into work very enjoyable. The hard work and dedication that is given is really shown through the company's weekly meetings.
Fun and enjoyed People
Service Technologist (Former Employee), Mississauga ONMay 27, 2013
Very Demanding at times when on 7 24 on call Learned to handle people with problems or customer relations on phone or in-house
It's a nice place to get EPC experience here.
Electrical & Heat Trace Designer (Current Employee), Calgary,ABApril 3, 2013
My major job is doing Cenovus project in our office, I got both offsite Pad and Pipeline electrical design experience in oil & sand field. In addition, I have learnt and ability to handle multiple projects at a same time.
Challenging and Fast paced working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE - SPARE PARTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
I loved working at ABB Inc.! I learned a lot and my day went so fast while at work. We had excellent team and people who were dedicated and hard working.
Only reason I left as I moved to USA.
A great company to work for
REGIONAL TECHNICAL SALES SUPPORT (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: free coffee, company golf tournament, achievable bonus plan
ABB has a large portfolio of Electrical products that are well engineered, that are benchmarked in the industry.

In most positions your day is autonomous with little management interventiom. Positions generally provide job fulfillment and technical challenges, with a decent corporate work environment. Co-workers provide mutual support to develope business plans
Multi-Nationale
Planificatrice (Former Employee), Québec, QCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: salaire et avantage sociaux
Doit aimer les changements d'atmosphère de travail. Changement de supérieur constant. Doit avoir une facilité d'adaptation .
compagnie respectueuse
Adjoint au chef d'équipe (Former Employee), BinômeJune 20, 2012
Pros: endroit propre
Cons: très chaud l été
j aimerais être réembauché par eux.

j ai aimé mon expérience, car c était pour moi la première entreprises aussi bien structuré, et les gens qui y travaillaient étais en grosse majorité gentil et aimable.

March 4, 2013

Pros: A good company to work for. Friendly working environment. Good place to start up your career. Cons: Need to improve on benefits.

About ABB Inc

ABB Ltd (ABB) is a global provider of power and automation technologies to utility and industry customers. The Company’s – Read more