Abacus Technology

Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy and loud
bar/hospitality (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSJuly 22, 2015
Pros: getting to meet people from other regions
Cons: late nigh shift with no travel
serving loads of different people alcohol and making sure everything goes in to the tills and is all counted up for at the end cleaning up and being polite but also confident in speaking to people with a different language.
it was cool
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: learned alot
Cons: temporarily
got payed more learned warehousing trads like how to properly handle a pallet jack and a fork left .how to unload and load a commercial truck the right way .pick orders and pull them
ABA Tech
ABA Tech (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Getting to know students, better understanding special needs and the different types of disabilities
Cons: Not a great pay, No benefits
A typical day at work consist of getting children off of the bus, going to class with the child I am assigned to, helping the child stay focused on his or her tasks for the day, assisting with lunch and recess, toileting if that is required in their IEP, and taking them back to the bus at the end of the day. I have learned a lot about IEP's while working as an ABA tech. I love working with the co-workers that I had, we all have the same goal which is to better the children's lives and to give them that chance to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, getting paid $11.50 per hour is not the greatest when trying to pay bills. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the child I work with hits a milestone and me being able to witness it.
Productive and fun workplace.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 16, 2015
Everyone was very friendly. All the partners were very patient and gave everyone appropriate work space as well as environment.
Productive workplace nice environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2015
Material handler/Forklift Operator duties included
but; not limited to palletizing, scanning, shipping and receiving, inventory, and packing. Each day deadlines had to be met
Great company
VDOT contractor (Former Employee), Marion, VAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Being a part of something better with this company working outside with experienced fellow employees for road maintenance. Steady hours with some over time.
warehouse associate
Laborer- Genco (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 5, 2015
Pros: learning new things, and being able to broaden my scope in a line of work.
Cons: was working threw a temp service, and when business slowed down no more need for temps
Working at genco was a great experience for my fist warehouse job.i worked on a assembly line and running diagnostics on computer. The coworkers were very energetic and pleasant people to work with.the hardest part of the job was working second shift.the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn something new.
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: the heat from the sun
My day is simple. It's more mental than physical. You have to know how to interact with different people. You have to be a people person and a leader or no one will follow you or do what you ask of them. I learned that you have to give respect to get respect. My supervisors are the best. They are flexible with my life and the job. The hardest part of my job is when people don't want to listen to what i ask them to do. It's not much. All you do is sweep all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the tourist and the locals.
Job is very good offers a variety of jobs
Project Manager (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: You can grow in the company
Cons: There is not an Office in North Carolina
Learned a lot working in the Management field especially with the employees being so diverse. Also learned a lot of skills from working for this company by being my own HR,Payroll,And Trainer
not very clean, or stable place.
P.c. Doctor (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 22, 2015
this job wasnt the best. it was very unhealthy, the benefits were not available to temps. i was not at ease when i was at work here.
Enjoyable job helping diverse people
Office Services Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: The pros was having to meet so many diverse patients.
Cons: The cons were sometimes we were to busy to each lunch at times
A typical work day at Abacus ( Henrico County Health Department) was coming in a setting up clinics for what ever day the clinic was having. For examples... They have Maternity Clinic, STD Clinic, Pediatric Clinic, etc.. I made sure that all the patients charts were pulled for the next day clinic. I also made reminder calls and sent out reminder letters to the patients. I also made new charts for each clinic. I scheduled appointment for the different clinics and I also cleaned the patient rooms. I also communicated with physicians and nurses to make sure that the day went smoothly.
Goal Oriented Workplace
Material Handler Level (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no PTO pay, hard to move up
Easy job but with lots of physical labor
Goal oriented managers
High standards and goals
I had to get forklift certified in order to move airplane engines around
Ideal for self starter
Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, latitude (in well performing contracts)
Cons: Not enough support in difficult times, lack of cross program allocation flexibility
The company culture is centered around hard working professionals. The company allows you latitude as long as everything is flowing well, however, it is not as present as I believe it should be when things are not going well. Senior VPs and Directors are stretched too thin to care for programs at appropriate levels.
Nice place to work but I was only there as a temp for 11 months.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with, good atmosphere.
Cons: Minimal health care benefits. Temporary job assignment.
I really liked my job assignment and getting to know new people in the office. I got to know a lot of very appreciative customers after solving order issues for them. Some days were super busy and some days dragged depending on the season. I learned the knew SAP system which a lot of companies seem to be switching over to now. We were treated to very nice lunches at good restaurants on a regular basis by members of corporate in appreciation for our hard work. I felt that I was definitely a valued member of the team even though I was a temp. I was offered a permanent job but the new location was too far for me to travel every day. I was sad to see this assignment end.
Fun Environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Avenel, NJMay 14, 2015
Scanning packages into warehouse, building pallets and containers, examining and inspecting all packages confirming they are suitable for shipment.
• Duties also include unloading items from trucks on to conveyors, and also sorting items on conveyor directing them to proper location.
Former employee
Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: None
Was a rewarding experience in which I learned a lot of very helpful and useful knowledge for my future. Was hired through the company then employed at the Virginia Beach Circuit Court.
Fun and friendly staff
GENERAL WARE HOUSE WORKER (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMay 8, 2015
Pros: great pay and overtime
Cons: securtiy and times to get back to your station. breaks were ok
I loved working there. the have the best lunch bar and breakfast bar. they have great team meeting once a month. you get bonus checks if you refer an agent.
Awesome
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
What a energetic company to work for just to be around a whole bunch of sports fans. How exciting and awesome was the job. Great Place
productive work environment
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 16, 2015
Productive work environment. Great staffing agency. Loved their dedication and determination to help one find employment on a temporary basis
Production work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 8, 2015
On a typical day, I was running an industrial press to make heat shields. Occasionally I would deburr parts, inspect, and even pack the different kinds of head shields.

1 2 3 4 5

Abacus Technology Photos

more then 9000 meters of cabling in the same center
this is one of my projects pictures