Abacus Technology

Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and slow at some point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good working hours
Cons: Job security low
The experience I have at this company is medium. I was happy i was doing what i like to do and what am good at doing. The people were nice and fun to work with. I enjoyed the time and the people the most. I know it may be unfair to say this but I also think I could have better, with the job security being inevitable, I never feel like it was home for me. The pay was good but could have been better with a contract like they had at that time. So in conclusion I think it is a good place but not enough.
Great
IT (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2015
Wonderful environment and great opportunity to learn and advance. Constantly offering opportunities for training and certifications to further advance your skills. Will recommend to anyone.
Very easy working with cable boxes
Tester (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 15 Min breaks
Cons: do not get a full 8 hours
Very easy job to have. Basically using a computer and hooking up cable boxes and seeing if they pass or fail. Working environment is good with air condition.
Unique work environment
Systems Server Administrator II (Current Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: working at Kennedy Space Center, flexible work schedule, good retirement
Cons: short lunches/breaks, recently changed healthcare, job security
Working as a contracted entity under a government agency is never easy. With every constraint made to the agency more must be made on their contractors. Unfortunately this leads to complications from time to time.
The environment itself is very unique. Not many work places shake from time to time due to the proximity of rocket launches. The technology ranges from the very outdated to the top-of-the-line. The people are as hit-and-miss as any other company (you might not get along with every person all of the time), but this stems from some of the most unique backgrounds coming together to accomplish the mission.
The work itself is unlike any that I have experienced. Some systems and configurations are set up in such a way as have never been done anywhere else. It is a challenge to commit to the needs of the agency with the resources available, however Abacus is up for that challenge.
With working in IT, the job can sometimes be completely dictated on systems running properly. So there can be days when everything is working as it should and the work slows down. This doesnt mean that there is nothing to do.
The biggest issue I have faced is that layoffs occur very often, and it is never known if the position that management will lay off is mine.
Great Company and People
Program/Project Management (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDAugust 4, 2015
Great Company with great people to work for. Management is understanding and provides avenues for learning an growth.
Grate Co. with professionel people I respect
Security Officer (Current Employee), Naples, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: courtious, friendly, respectfull and plesent atmosphere
Cons: low pay and boardum
Management was courteous, understanding, professional. Unfortunately after my training period I was assigned a post almost 50 miles away from my residence. That meant over two hours drive time round trip each day with a weekly cost for fuel quite expensive. I was offered a post closer to home but it required 8 miles of walking each shift in an un air conditioned structure so I declined. I will continue with Abacus security until such time as I can locate a position closer to home.
Supporting the launches of the Shuttle and Rockets is exciting and interesting.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Working in the space launch enviroment.
Cons: Working in a hazordous eviroment.
A day at work was spent getting ready for or supporting launches.
I learned about the culture of the environment of working in the space launch business and about installation and maintenance of electronic communications circuits on the launch pads and control centers.
Managers supported me for the work that I performed.
Most co-workers were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was working overnight shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the launches after all of the work had been done to get to that day.
An alright company
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Mount Rainier, MDAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Getting the chance to meet new people, enjoying making others smile
Cons: Didn't have a guaranteed schedule
Days usually went smoothly on a typical day. Very few incidents would occur. I learned to keep my temper at bay when dealing with the public. I only dealt with one person from management, and they were pretty cool. If I had a chance to work with another individual, I never had a problem with them.
busy and loud
bar/hospitality (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSJuly 22, 2015
Pros: getting to meet people from other regions
Cons: late nigh shift with no travel
serving loads of different people alcohol and making sure everything goes in to the tills and is all counted up for at the end cleaning up and being polite but also confident in speaking to people with a different language.
it was cool
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: learned alot
Cons: temporarily
got payed more learned warehousing trads like how to properly handle a pallet jack and a fork left .how to unload and load a commercial truck the right way .pick orders and pull them
ABA Tech
ABA Tech (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Getting to know students, better understanding special needs and the different types of disabilities
Cons: Not a great pay, No benefits
A typical day at work consist of getting children off of the bus, going to class with the child I am assigned to, helping the child stay focused on his or her tasks for the day, assisting with lunch and recess, toileting if that is required in their IEP, and taking them back to the bus at the end of the day. I have learned a lot about IEP's while working as an ABA tech. I love working with the co-workers that I had, we all have the same goal which is to better the children's lives and to give them that chance to learn. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, getting paid $11.50 per hour is not the greatest when trying to pay bills. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the child I work with hits a milestone and me being able to witness it.
Productive and fun workplace.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJuly 16, 2015
Everyone was very friendly. All the partners were very patient and gave everyone appropriate work space as well as environment.
Productive workplace nice environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2015
Material handler/Forklift Operator duties included
but; not limited to palletizing, scanning, shipping and receiving, inventory, and packing. Each day deadlines had to be met
Great company
VDOT contractor (Former Employee), Marion, VAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Being a part of something better with this company working outside with experienced fellow employees for road maintenance. Steady hours with some over time.
warehouse associate
Laborer- Genco (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 5, 2015
Pros: learning new things, and being able to broaden my scope in a line of work.
Cons: was working threw a temp service, and when business slowed down no more need for temps
Working at genco was a great experience for my fist warehouse job.i worked on a assembly line and running diagnostics on computer. The coworkers were very energetic and pleasant people to work with.the hardest part of the job was working second shift.the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn something new.
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: the heat from the sun
My day is simple. It's more mental than physical. You have to know how to interact with different people. You have to be a people person and a leader or no one will follow you or do what you ask of them. I learned that you have to give respect to get respect. My supervisors are the best. They are flexible with my life and the job. The hardest part of my job is when people don't want to listen to what i ask them to do. It's not much. All you do is sweep all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the tourist and the locals.
Job is very good offers a variety of jobs
Project Manager (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: You can grow in the company
Cons: There is not an Office in North Carolina
Learned a lot working in the Management field especially with the employees being so diverse. Also learned a lot of skills from working for this company by being my own HR,Payroll,And Trainer
not very clean, or stable place.
P.c. Doctor (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 22, 2015
this job wasnt the best. it was very unhealthy, the benefits were not available to temps. i was not at ease when i was at work here.
Enjoyable job helping diverse people
Office Services Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: The pros was having to meet so many diverse patients.
Cons: The cons were sometimes we were to busy to each lunch at times
A typical work day at Abacus ( Henrico County Health Department) was coming in a setting up clinics for what ever day the clinic was having. For examples... They have Maternity Clinic, STD Clinic, Pediatric Clinic, etc.. I made sure that all the patients charts were pulled for the next day clinic. I also made reminder calls and sent out reminder letters to the patients. I also made new charts for each clinic. I scheduled appointment for the different clinics and I also cleaned the patient rooms. I also communicated with physicians and nurses to make sure that the day went smoothly.
Goal Oriented Workplace
Material Handler Level (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no PTO pay, hard to move up
Easy job but with lots of physical labor
Goal oriented managers
High standards and goals
I had to get forklift certified in order to move airplane engines around

1 2 3 4 5

Abacus Technology Photos

more then 9000 meters of cabling in the same center
this is one of my projects pictures