Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive and long hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 25, 2016
I was starting my day out at a start up meeting, they would tell us that days production goals, than i would go into the freezer and load the two and three pound gell onto the convayer belts, so the packers could have their ice, than i would make sure the packers had everything they need for the day and make sure the management didn't have anything wrong from the day before that i didn't have to fix, than i had to go back to the box area and off stack boxes onto pallets and make sure they were loaded on the truck by the end of the day.
Not a good company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2016
I felt they didn't really care about their workers. I don't have much to say. Not a good company as far as I'm concerned. Pay is not good at all.
Temp Agency
Temp/Information Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2016
Responsible for answering calls and providing information to taxpayers regarding how to complete a return to report the taxes they collected.
Picker, packer (Former Employee), HighbridgeMarch 15, 2016
I really didn't liked it this job, because it's warehouse and I really don't like places like this. Another reason was because I was working night shifts. The payment was good but working night shifts in warehouse can drive you crazy. I don't want to come back to the warehouse.
Working
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
I love working nights that I was having alot of fun working for them. I love working over night at the time it gave me time o work on my school work
good experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), College Park, MDMarch 11, 2016
professional ,fantastic work atmosphire,team work i learned how to be decipline &punctuality,how to be a good exposure to the company
temp work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Pros: schedule (no Sat and Sun)
Cons: benefit
This is a position where you do not get any advancement. it is a 8-5 job. They have medical coverage but does not cover anything. You spend all day helping customer on the phone.
not enough work
CASUAL RETAIL STAFF (Former Employee), CardiffFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: easy to get travel
Cons: not enough work
you don't get enough work given to you in order to earn a decent wage out of it. lucky to get 2 shifts a month. need more shifts
Awesome place to work. They respect work/life balance.
Software Developer (Current Employee), Space Coast, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Flex time, work from home, hands-off management.
Cons: Salary is not close to regional average.
I get to work from home three days per week. If I want to take off early on a Friday, I can work extra hours during the week if I want to. I can even work an extra two hours for four days in order to take a whole day off.

The management is very hands off. We use Project Managers that deal with the Customer. We Developers never have to meet with the Custer/Users. That's all handled by the Project Manger. All of the Customer's requests go through the PM and then to us. It's so nice being able to work and not have end-users come to your desk and interrupt your programming.

The culture is very laid-back. Wear jeans to work. I've even seen some folks wearing flip-flops and Hawaiian shirts.

The only downside is the salary. They don't pay anywhere near "market value" for developers. However, the job is so laid back with so many perks, the money is almost secondary.
Great place
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work, amazing work environment and constant motivation to do well. We have worked with amazing clients in a variety of industries, if you work hard it will definitely pay off.
good to work for
Waste Recycling Operative (Current Employee), BasingstokeFebruary 23, 2016
Through Abacus I work at Viola Recycling in Alton in a temporary position. They keep me in work on regular basis. The Temporary job I do is recycling waste so that it can be used in other form by other firms
Difficult place to work. Someone was always looking over your sholder.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: The pay was good and co-workers were good people.
Cons: This is the first job I considered being harrassed 8 hours a day.
A typical day was pulling orders, wrapping and staging them. Locating incoming product via forklift. Improved my forklift abilities.
Management was cold and standoffish. My co-workers were hard working people. Hardest part of the day was trying to work with more than one person watching you all the time. Management called this insuring high quality performance. To me, it was the use of
an improper method to attain high quality goals. It was harassment. The most enjoyable part of this job was my co-workers.
Flexible and Great experience
Temporary Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great experience opportunities as well as a variety of career paths
Cons: Strict on punctuality, varying pay rate
Being a temp agency, Abacus Staffing held a multitude of jobs, from lawn care to city event organizing. The typical day varied from job to job.
The best part was the experiences I've attained in working with them. Not only do they look for job positions fitting your personality and resume, they offer positions that also include new experience and training to add to the resume itself. Even though you may be looking for customer service experience, you could also gain management experience and/or security and maintenance experience as well.
Jobs offered by Abacus also had the opportunities to offer the temporary employee a full time position in their company, making new career paths open for the temp.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I learned alot during the process. I was completing my Comptia Security + cert. I would not mind returning for employment.
Fast moving
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Relaxed team
Cons: Long days
Typical day

Learned management accounting
Management team Hard working and made you believe that anything is possible.

Co-workers great team hard working
Security
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2016
When I was employed at abacus I was securing the area, making sure everyone was safe, doing a lot of paper work/filing/scanning.
Great company
Systems Team Lead (Former Employee), DenverDecember 30, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick leave
Cons: government contracts
Abacus was a great company to work for. I felt they treated me fairly and they gave me great vacation and sick leaves annually. I was on a government contract that ended otherwise I would still be working for them.
Excelent work enviroments
Lieutenant Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Actively stayed employed
Cons: contract position
I was a site supervisor responsible for making schedules and maintaining order with in the job site. The hardest part of the job was to get the officers to show up for work on time. In the Security business you going home solely depends on your relief to show up for duty. Its hard when you have worked your shift and your relief calls out and you have to work that shift until they find you a relief.
Bad company
Toll Booth Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 27, 2015
Pros: None
This company is horrible to work for. You can never get in touch with the office or get your pay straight. I do not recommend this temp agency, as there is no room for advancement.
Fun place to work but need to be very particular.
Mental Math Teacher (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYDecember 25, 2015
Pros: very relaxing working environment.
Cons: Hours are limited
Fun to work with kids. Hardest part is to deal with parents. I worked at this job long enough to run this business with my eyes closed.
Headquarters