Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible and Great experience
Temporary Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great experience opportunities as well as a variety of career paths
Cons: Strict on punctuality, varying pay rate
Being a temp agency, Abacus Staffing held a multitude of jobs, from lawn care to city event organizing. The typical day varied from job to job.
The best part was the experiences I've attained in working with them. Not only do they look for job positions fitting your personality and resume, they offer positions that also include new experience and training to add to the resume itself. Even though you may be looking for customer service experience, you could also gain management experience and/or security and maintenance experience as well.
Jobs offered by Abacus also had the opportunities to offer the temporary employee a full time position in their company, making new career paths open for the temp.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I learned alot during the process. I was completing my Comptia Security + cert. I would not mind returning for employment.
Fast moving
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Relaxed team
Cons: Long days
Typical day

Learned management accounting
Management team Hard working and made you believe that anything is possible.

Co-workers great team hard working
Security
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2016
When I was employed at abacus I was securing the area, making sure everyone was safe, doing a lot of paper work/filing/scanning.
Great company
Systems Team Lead (Former Employee), DenverDecember 30, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick leave
Cons: government contracts
Abacus was a great company to work for. I felt they treated me fairly and they gave me great vacation and sick leaves annually. I was on a government contract that ended otherwise I would still be working for them.
Excelent work enviroments
Lieutenant Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Actively stayed employed
Cons: contract position
I was a site supervisor responsible for making schedules and maintaining order with in the job site. The hardest part of the job was to get the officers to show up for work on time. In the Security business you going home solely depends on your relief to show up for duty. Its hard when you have worked your shift and your relief calls out and you have to work that shift until they find you a relief.
Bad company
Toll Booth Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 27, 2015
Pros: None
This company is horrible to work for. You can never get in touch with the office or get your pay straight. I do not recommend this temp agency, as there is no room for advancement.
Fun place to work but need to be very particular.
Mental Math Teacher (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYDecember 25, 2015
Pros: very relaxing working environment.
Cons: Hours are limited
Fun to work with kids. Hardest part is to deal with parents. I worked at this job long enough to run this business with my eyes closed.
A Normal day
LTO (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCNovember 23, 2015
Pros: easy enough job
Cons: 1 break for 12 hour day
Every day was just like any other, Show up for work, clock in, Morning meeting, then grab a truck, go through the safety inspection of lift before operation, recieve a dock number for a truck to start the day with, unload the truck, place products in proper areas.
It was a do it yourself job, Little to no communication with others, Has a percentage base to keep up with depending on your time.
Management barely played any role here, most days were chaotic.
The hardest part of the job was creating a bay for product to go into when others were full due to the overstock quantity, More coming in then going out.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go at a pace that suited you to your standards. not having to wait on someone else to continue moving.
Typical day - getting paid to test/break things
Contractor (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MINovember 19, 2015
Pros: contractor pay - no benefits
Cons: contractor pay - no benefits
company management stayed out of the way while I worked in the R&D Packaging Lab testing/breaking things. First time working as a contractor and I it is just a paycheck - no other benefits, medical, PTO, vacation, sick days do not exist.
call center
Customer Service/ Collections Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2015
This was a call center job that I worked and used quite a few different systems. I activated credit cards and verified and cancelled them when needed. This place was like school lots of young people working and the turn over was high.
fun place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2015
Had fun working here. Supervisor was supportive. The owners were great guys. Co-workers were cooperative. Workers under me were very hard working.
Fast paced, hard working enviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJOctober 21, 2015
Enjoyed my work fully. Good at handling any size packages & neatly placing them so they may be wrapped and stored safely & appropriately. Worked part time but made sure I was available when ever I was needed even if i was not scheduled to work.
HELPFUL TEMPORARY AGENCY
Temporary position (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 14, 2015
Pros: EASY TO WORK WITH
Cons: NO TEMP TO HIRE POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME
ABACUS WAS ABLE TO FIND A TEMPORARY JOB THAT SUITED MY NEEDS QUICKLY AND WERE CONVENIENT TO WORK WITH. I ONLY NEEDED A 1-2 MONTH POSITION AND THEY PLACED ME WHERE I WOULD BE ABLE TO FINISH THE JOB ASSIGNMENT BEFORE BEGINNING MY FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT WITH ROANOKE COUNTY.
good
Security Officer (Former Employee), Harbor EastOctober 14, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: nothing
A good place to work. experienced no problems. Didn't stay very long. Good supervisors. Great policies and rules given to employees. They outlined exactly what they expected.
Very solid federal contractor
Site Lead / Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDOctober 1, 2015
Pros: stable work place, competitive benefits
Abacus provided a supportive, professional workplace where individuals were appreciated and allowed to develop their skills. The role was challenging in that there were many, often competing, priorities and individuals to support, manage and inform.
supervision
security supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2015
Supervising security personnel.
Carrying out close supervision of on-site security personnel.
Scheduling the work and duties of individual security officers.
Helping out the HR department in the reconciling of staff wages and payroll issues.
Immediately responding to any problems.
Providing leadership, guidance and support to security staff.
Writing clear reports and logs.
Operating CCTV cameras.
Checking and setting alarm systems.
Checking fire systems and fire equipment.
Completing reports of alarms, incidents, and complaints.
Overseeing the inspection of all packages entering and exiting the building.
Ensuring the safety and security of guests and employees.
Ensuring the protection of property and assets.
Looking for lost items belonging to staff or members of the public.
Checking doors and windows.
Professionally handling all sensitive and confidential information.
Carrying out physical inspections of people and bags.
Handling complaints in a diplomatic manner.
Removing unauthorised people from a building.
Don't work here
Staffing and Payroll Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore MDSeptember 24, 2015
Not structured company at all. Very unorganized and all over the place. Still using paper everything nothing is on the computer. Make you do check ins on your gas and vehicle. Don't pay for cell phone even though they call after hours. Very hard to get a raise or ahead. Turn over rate is very high. The only good thing is your direct managers who see what your going through, they understand and want to help you succeed.
Stocker (Former Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 15, 2015
nice place loving people, loved al my leads and co workers, the hardest part of the job would be not enough forklift at all times but overall great place
abacus
Secretary 1&3 (Former Employee), 610 Gusryan Street Baltimore MD 21224September 10, 2015
Pros: great everything
Cons: wait to long to get a job
A temp agency that will find anyone a great job and help them get and job training that they may need. They are an excellent agency that really have their clients in mind when you are awaiting a job.