AbCelex is a Canadian biotech company committed to the discovery & development of innovative antibody-based products for the diagnosis and treatment of variety of illnesses impacting animal health and food safety.
AbCelex is looking for a highly motivated Scientist on a full time basis to join our Antibody Development Team to contribute to the expansion of the program. The candidate will report to the Head of R&D and will work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists. The project will be aimed at developing novel single domain antibodies for applications in food safety. The individual will lead the development of novel high throughput assays to determine antimicrobial properties of lead antibodies. The position will be based at AbCelex laboratory in Mississauga, Ontario.
Work with supervisor to formulate and execute research project plans.
- Test, develop and optimize experimental approaches necessary for the project.
- Analyze and interpret research data and present the results to other team members.
- Maintain appropriate records and laboratory notebooks, and ensure compliance on all existing and new SOPs.
- Assist in the calibration of equipment used in the Microbiology Laboratory, and validation of the microbiological test procedures.
- Collaborate with others in the group and participate in project team meetings.
Candidate should have:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in general or clinical microbiology, or the equivalent with relevant practical experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressively relevant laboratory experience gained through employment in an industrial, hospital research or public health laboratory (some industry based experience is preferred).
- Experience with microbiological assays and high throughput screening.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate CLSI guidelines.
- Action oriented with attention to details and the ability to advance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A good team player who sets the team goal as priority, dependable and helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical assays and protocols.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Recombinant protein expression in bacterial systems, purification of microbial antigens and analysis, cell staining and flow cytometry, and ELISA
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including in vitro expression systems and DNA and RNA isolation, PCR and RT-PCR
AbCelex offers a professional, collaborative, creative and supportive environment with a competitive compensation package.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for application: Sept 12, 2014 or until the position is filled.