Aarons Employee Reviews

Be Carefull with this employer
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
Incompetent upper management. First: they were unable to manage interview schedule (RED FLAG). Applied for sales Managers position, was shortlisted in top 3. After a week was offered Management in Trannie position. Another guy got the Job as a sales manager, with no Furniture sales or even sales experience and a totally fake management resume (another Story). He quits within 2 days, they hired another guy next day. I’m like totally shocked; I mean I am the MT, I should have been offered the SM job. After reading other posts, my story aligns with others in the same company. AS a management trainee I worked as a cleaner (cleaning sofas with cat and dog hair), merchandising associate, CS and loader etc.
Pros
Nice co-workers
they will try to get you to make bread out of rocks
Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioApril 7, 2016
Nothing but lies and deceit. Crooked, at every level, especially upper management. No room for advancement, but they will make you believe there is. You get treated worse than garbage by the clientele, select few keep you going. No support.
Pros
Sunday's off.
Cons
breakfast lunch and dinner at the store with only a half hour break. awful pay.
Maybe Sales Manager should not hire friends
CSR (Former Employee) –  Truro NSMarch 7, 2016
Management blamed staff for their poor performance. Should not have family in any company. If not for some of the staff would have left long before they changed everyone.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor Management
Dont do it
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABMarch 22, 2016
Unless you want to be paid less than minimum wage and verbally degraded don't work here

The managers are crooked and just wanting to make a buck at anyones expense
Pros
Cons
harrasing, degrading, immoral
Knives in the back
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSMarch 4, 2016
This company replaces people none stop most only last a year they usually will let you work out the day then fire you at the end with replacement already in place. Rotten company to work for.
Pros
Full time work
Sales
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 9, 2016
changing/updating price cards, sales, product knowledge, filing, cash transactions, application forms,
reference calls etc.
great staff,
decent training software
predictable schedules were great.
ok job for someone waiting for school.3
Manager in training/ Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 27, 2015
Over all it was a fun job. I was getting trained to be the cam. There was some political problems that happened when I got there. the boss had not realized the sales manager at the time had opened my paystub to know how much I was making and everyone quit. other than that the job was fun the boss was great and the work atmosphere is built to be fun for both the employees and the customers.
It's an alright job, but not the place for me
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 13, 2015
As a CSR, typical duties are selling furniture and explaining the leasing process/price options, upkeep and cleaning the showroom, processing payments, weekly inventory, taking and placing phone calls, and balancing the till at the end of the night.
I personally did not like the hours, but maybe they are good for a retail setting.
This location had very few staff when I was there, so I always felt bad about asking for time off because it left someone there by themselves.
Aaron's 'culture' did not mesh well with me and my opinions, and I often found it a very negative place to be.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Aaron's 'culture', few coworkers
lovely work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2015
a lot of fun challenges every day new learning great work environment every day excited to work of different tasks results and improvements
Pros
free gym
Cons
not applicable
No room to grow, poor benefits, low salary
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Love the Company, and my job greatly, Unfortunately I feel there is no longer any growth opportunity, and due to the type of business, heavy lifting and repetitive motions are often involved, they have very poor benefits considering the job requirements, I am sadly wanting to make a change to a company where there is growth potential, proper compensation, and a decent benefits plan.

I want a Career that I can better myself in, and to reach retirement.
Pros
knowledge, great staff, happy environment.
Cons
very long hours 55+ per week, poor regional management, unrealistic targets.
great workplace with few people so feels like family great management very adaptable to life needs.
product technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 18, 2014
Everyday can be different filled with deliveries, cleaning returned product like furniture and appliances as well as electronics. Some times the general manager would have one of the PT's go out with an accounts person on runs or field visits. being there with the same people day after day it can get frustrating but can make good friendships. the hard part of the job is the heavy lifting moving in furniture into customers homes carefully with little to no damage to the furniture and the place being delivered to.
Pros
free lunches, good co-workers, friendly evirontment
Cons
long hours, mostly weekends
No day was ever the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2012
We did not have a typical day at this place of business. Everyday was always different.
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
The management was not the best. He didn't know what it took to be a good manager!
My coworkers were great. We would always work as a team to help each other get through our days.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the customer base. The type of people were very difficult to work with.
Pros
making an income
Cons
spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the place of buisness
Aarons Is a lease to own furniture and appliance franchise with a friendly environment, fun place to work.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Been working for this franchise for over ten months. I got hired part time as a leasing specialist with promises of getting full-time employment. Aarons has a lot of potential to grow and gain more customers but advertising is where they lack.
fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 10, 2012
a day in the life of a sales manager included lots of paper work but most important was the sales, i was in charge of the csr and product technicians who i had to learn to delegate to and hold accountability,ive learned to have faith in myself and confidance, the hardest part was getting people to buy stuff
Excellent place to aquire skills and knowlage of rent to own
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 28, 2012
I enjoyed my time within this company. They had competitive salary and plenty of room for advancement. Treated thier staff well and as a company whole, a very put together company.
Pros
very educational
Cons
work not appreciated
Fun place to work- good people
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2014
This company is franchised in Canada and there are 2 locations in Calgary, AB owned by the same person.
It's a small staff with a willingness to learn and do there very best each and every day
Pros
salary
Cons
rm is a deceptive person
very Stressful at times
General Manager (Pickering) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 5, 2014
it was a job that was demanding and everyday there is some new rules implemented and you never have time for family life .
Pros
benefit of getting discount on merchandise
Cons
expect too much from an indiviual
not a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 26, 2014
this one of the worse places i ever worked and if don't like you they find away to fire you and then get a days work out of you before the tell you that your a done.
Pros
nothin free
Cons
yes long hours 9-7 anything after that was not paid for
Not a great place to work.
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Conception Bay South, NLJanuary 27, 2014
Too many problems in a place without respect for its customers or employees.
Pros
hired me
Cons
long hrs at times, not a well organised company. does not appriciate employees just the money brought in.
Everyones a lucky dog at Aarons
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
enjoyed my time at aarons but cant speak about the bosses because they have all since retired and left. deffinatly see some one of a kind things

2.7