Aarons Employee Reviews

okay job
Mascot/Store Helper (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC13 March 2017
really relaxed workplace not enough hours good managment involved going to local events in mascot outfit and helping clean the store when not in mascot suit
Fun Environment, just not much of a market in town.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 February 2017
Fun company to work for. Lots of cool incentives and promotions that change monthly. Hard environment for a sales person however. Very limited market, and requires a certain customer base which is hard to find in our area. Lots of leg work and long hours for decent pay. Overall not a bad company depending on your role.
Punctual and efficient individual seeks a position as part of a team with opportunities for professional growth and development. Motivated to provide
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 November 2016
A good place to work for and had some good employees learnt a lot about the customers I delivered to. The manager was a great person and great to get along with if you had any questions he would try his best to help you. co workers where easy to to get along as well
Be Carefull with this employer
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
Incompetent upper management. First: they were unable to manage interview schedule (RED FLAG). Applied for sales Managers position, was shortlisted in top 3. After a week was offered Management in Trannie position. Another guy got the Job as a sales manager, with no Furniture sales or even sales experience and a totally fake management resume (another Story). He quits within 2 days, they hired another guy next day. I’m like totally shocked; I mean I am the MT, I should have been offered the SM job. After reading other posts, my story aligns with others in the same company. AS a management trainee I worked as a cleaner (cleaning sofas with cat and dog hair), merchandising associate, CS and loader etc.
Pros
Nice co-workers
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2016
the one thing i love about landscaping is being on your own an in a team cause we all work together to get the same goal achieved but i can spend alot of the time on my own walking n getting awesome sun
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours
they will try to get you to make bread out of rocks
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 April 2016
Nothing but lies and deceit. Crooked, at every level, especially upper management. No room for advancement, but they will make you believe there is. You get treated worse than garbage by the clientele, select few keep you going. No support.
Pros
Sunday's off.
Cons
breakfast lunch and dinner at the store with only a half hour break. awful pay.
Dont do it
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 March 2016
Unless you want to be paid less than minimum wage and verbally degraded don't work here

The managers are crooked and just wanting to make a buck at anyones expense
Pros
Cons
harrasing, degrading, immoral
Good In-Store Management, Terrible Corporate
Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2016
I really liked working for the GM, he was a pretty great boss as were the rest of the team in store. Unfortunately upper management didn't listen to us, and complained when we weren't doing well even though we knew why we were failing. Typically slow due to where we were but it was a fun job overall. Learned about filing and expaned my CRM skills.
Pros
Hour break, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough support from corporate, unrealistic goals for small store
Maybe Sales Manager should not hire friends
CSR (Former Employee) –  Truro NS7 March 2016
Management blamed staff for their poor performance. Should not have family in any company. If not for some of the staff would have left long before they changed everyone.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor Management
Knives in the back
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS4 March 2016
This company replaces people none stop most only last a year they usually will let you work out the day then fire you at the end with replacement already in place. Rotten company to work for.
Pros
Full time work
Sales
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 February 2016
changing/updating price cards, sales, product knowledge, filing, cash transactions, application forms,
reference calls etc.
great staff,
decent training software
predictable schedules were great.
Is a fun work environment until things got stressful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
My day consisted of doing collection calls. I also did inventory on a weekly basis. I did sales and had to deal with customer issues. I took payments did what I had to do to keep the store running smoothly.
Cons
Long hours and no days off
good workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder/Accounts (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2015
there is a lot of overtime, the management was pretty good, when I worked there my co workers were amazing , benefits were very good as well as the pay, you get raises often as well
Pros
salary
ok job for someone waiting for school.3
Manager in training/ Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2015
Over all it was a fun job. I was getting trained to be the cam. There was some political problems that happened when I got there. the boss had not realized the sales manager at the time had opened my paystub to know how much I was making and everyone quit. other than that the job was fun the boss was great and the work atmosphere is built to be fun for both the employees and the customers.
lovely work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2015
a lot of fun challenges every day new learning great work environment every day excited to work of different tasks results and improvements
Pros
free gym
Cons
not applicable
Pay was slightly above average but lots of overtime available
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 June 2015
-Deal with overdue accounts via phone/text.
-Management was polite and fun to work with.
-Everyone in the work crew was awesome and made the workday enjoyable.
-The hardest aspect of the job was dealing with repossession of merchandise who were on hard times
It's an alright job, but not the place for me
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2015
As a CSR, typical duties are selling furniture and explaining the leasing process/price options, upkeep and cleaning the showroom, processing payments, weekly inventory, taking and placing phone calls, and balancing the till at the end of the night.
I personally did not like the hours, but maybe they are good for a retail setting.
This location had very few staff when I was there, so I always felt bad about asking for time off because it left someone there by themselves.
Aaron's 'culture' did not mesh well with me and my opinions, and I often found it a very negative place to be.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Aaron's 'culture', few coworkers
Terrible place to work
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2015
Terrible place to work. as you get paid close to nothing 12/h + "Bonus" per month that you hardly get to see. because the employess that make the sells fail to be organized.
You will work like a dog from 9 am until 9 pm or more some days.. You will go to places that are unsafe... You will lift over 500 lbs furniture with a partner... You will struggle with costumers.. since they are usually all drug abusers or people that has been in jail and can't have good credits.
Pros
The Manager and the staff was amaizing and friendly
Cons
you dont get paid enough for a job like this..
Everyones a lucky dog at Aarons
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2014
enjoyed my time at aarons but cant speak about the bosses because they have all since retired and left. deffinatly see some one of a kind things
No room to grow, poor benefits, low salary
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2014
Love the Company, and my job greatly, Unfortunately I feel there is no longer any growth opportunity, and due to the type of business, heavy lifting and repetitive motions are often involved, they have very poor benefits considering the job requirements, I am sadly wanting to make a change to a company where there is growth potential, proper compensation, and a decent benefits plan.

I want a Career that I can better myself in, and to reach retirement.
Pros
Knowledge, great staff, happy environment.
Cons
Very long hours 55+ per week, poor regional management, unrealistic targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7