Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work- good people
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: rm is a deceptive person
This company is franchised in Canada and there are 2 locations in Calgary, AB owned by the same person.
It's a small staff with a willingness to learn and do there very best each and every day
not a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nothin free
Cons: yes long hours 9-7 anything after that was not paid for
this one of the worse places i ever worked and if don't like you they find away to fire you and then get a days work out of you before the tell you that your a done.
Not a great place to work.
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Conception Bay South, NLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hired me
Cons: long hrs at times, not a well organised company. does not appriciate employees just the money brought in.
Too many problems in a place without respect for its customers or employees.
Aarons Is a lease to own furniture and appliance franchise with a friendly environment, fun place to work.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Been working for this franchise for over ten months. I got hired part time as a leasing specialist with promises of getting full-time employment. Aarons has a lot of potential to grow and gain more customers but advertising is where they lack.
fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 10, 2012
a day in the life of a sales manager included lots of paper work but most important was the sales, i was in charge of the csr and product technicians who i had to learn to delegate to and hold accountability,ive learned to have faith in myself and confidance, the hardest part was getting people to buy stuff
productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 3, 2012
This job gave me all the experience I needed to become a sales representative. I learned different ways to approach customers and to achieve my sales.
No day was ever the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: making an income
Cons: spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the place of buisness
We did not have a typical day at this place of business. Everyday was always different.
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
The management was not the best. He didn't know what it took to be a good manager!
My coworkers were great. We would always work as a team to help each other get through our days.
The hardest part of this job was dealing – more... with the customer base. The type of people were very difficult to work with. – less
Excellent place to aquire skills and knowlage of rent to own
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: very educational
Cons: work not appreciated
I enjoyed my time within this company. They had competitive salary and plenty of room for advancement. Treated thier staff well and as a company whole, a very put together company.
Lot's of money. No personal life. At all...
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: money, bonuses, fast advancement
Cons: hard to keep staffed
It's not for everyone. If you don't like long hours or seemingly impossible goals to meet, then it's not the place for you. If you do like working under pressure and not having a personal life, except on Sunday's...Well more power to you! I left because I got tired of commuting 120 miles a day as the store I managed was 60 miles away from where I lived.
Good Job tobecome a pepple person
Product Technician (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed the work place vary fast pace. Co-workers and Management where vary helpful.
Location, Location, Location
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good team enviroment, lots of opportunity to move up, good bonuses and comissions, good benefits
Cons: declining industry leads to harder goals, long hours
I love the team I work with at my location. It is really like a big family, and although we have had a lot of turnover, it has always maintained the close knit feel. However I have heard horror stories about working with GMs that are overbearing. The company itself is an excellent company to work for, especially if you are a college grad. given the – more... right management you stand to learn a lot about the industry as a whole. The work life balance sucks, as the rental industry is a get it while you can business. meaning you have to be open and available to get the business that is coming in. That translates to long days delivering merchandise, collecting money and generating new sales. the compensation package, while not ideal, has the potential to be lucrative...depending on your location. If you are selling and collecting, you will make more money, if you aren't, then you won't. the benefits are good, they have a lot of options to choose from as far as health, dental, disability, flexplans etc. There is job security, there is a lot of work to do, so short of stealing or not showing up, you have a very low chance of being let go at the store level. My division as a whole has great management, from the bottom to the top. Inside my store as a manager trainee I learned a lot from my sales, account, and general managers. The regional managers are very visible as they are in each store at least once every two weeks. They are available to answer any questions and they also put in as much time and work as anyone else in the store. The Aarons culture is a good one. They promote a lot from within they have on going training and encourage every employee to learn every aspect of the business. They have clear goals and values set forth from day one. Overall, the work is long hard and tedious, but the right team of employees will make the day go by faster and you can have a lot of fun. – less
Terrible Company
Customer Accounts Manager/ASM (Current Employee), SSM, MichiganJuly 28, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
Arona the Company that franchised the Aarons I worked for is terrible I do not have enough time or patience to describe how many reasons I can give to not work for this company.
workplace
Part Technician Supervisor/ Delivery Driver/ Sales (Current Employee), Clarksdale,MSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: uncaring, rude
This company is not a career move. The company doesn't really care about their employees. Just as long their merchandise is deliver and they are making money. They are not concern about do their employees have families.
Fast paced work environment
Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Up early, off late
I learned how to be a better communicator face to face with people
some members of management helped you get better at your job
A fast paced job with lots of customer interaction
Product Technician (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: always busy, employees and managers were like family, healthcare.
Cons: sometimes the hours would run late into the evening even after working 12 hours.
A typical day at work started with pulling delivery tags to see what the day has in store. With the tags in hand, I would hunt for the items to make sure the salesmen did not sale an item not available. After preparing the deliveries, the delivery truck needs inspection to make sure it is in proper running condition. Once the inspection is complete, – more... I would load the truck with deliveries, check my route and start. I learned how to deal with customer complaints in a manner that leaves the customer satisfied. The hardest part of the job was the delivery locations, sometimes the furniture would have to be delivered to the third or fourth floor. I love working with customers and knowing that I had a role in their happiness. – less
Excellent Atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee), 12414 S 71 HwyJuly 22, 2014
Great job! I'm a family man and working a lot of hours which doesn't allow me to spend time with my family.
good working relationships
Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCJuly 22, 2014
long hours...good money. taxing job and difficult to be consistent.
Not a bad company.
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Picayune, MSJuly 20, 2014
Overall not a bad place just had problems with the gm.The job i had was a 45 hour a week one but i worked over 55 every week. Hours where 8am-9pm mostly.
very sad company to work for
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2014
Having to try to collect money from people who cant afford the merchandise they were talked into rent and if you didn't collect the payment you were always threatened to be fired working 9 to 9 knocking on doors at till 10 min. before 9 people getting upset going to there house so late and going to there jobs embarrassing them in front of co. workers.
Exciting place to work with room for advancement
customer service represenative (Current Employee), roanoke rapids, ncJuly 17, 2014
Exciting place to work and coworkers feel like family. The hardest part of the job is losing people that you have worked with for so long and are like family. The most enjoyable part is the ability to advance in the company and getting the customer to ownership.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more