Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No room to grow, poor benefits, low salary
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: knowledge, great staff, happy environment.
Cons: very long hours 55+ per week, poor regional management, unrealistic targets.
Love the Company, and my job greatly, Unfortunately I feel there is no longer any growth opportunity, and due to the type of business, heavy lifting and repetitive motions are often involved, they have very poor benefits considering the job requirements, I am sadly wanting to make a change to a company where there is growth potential, proper compensation, – more... and a decent benefits plan.

I want a Career that I can better myself in, and to reach retirement. – less
very Stressful at times
General Manager (Pickering) (Former Employee), Pickering, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefit of getting discount on merchandise
Cons: expect too much from an indiviual
it was a job that was demanding and everyday there is some new rules implemented and you never have time for family life .
great workplace with few people so feels like family great management very adaptable to life needs.
product technician (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good co-workers, friendly evirontment
Cons: long hours, mostly weekends
Everyday can be different filled with deliveries, cleaning returned product like furniture and appliances as well as electronics. Some times the general manager would have one of the PT's go out with an accounts person on runs or field visits. being there with the same people day after day it can get frustrating but can make good friendships. the hard – more... part of the job is the heavy lifting moving in furniture into customers homes carefully with little to no damage to the furniture and the place being delivered to. – less
Fun place to work- good people
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: rm is a deceptive person
This company is franchised in Canada and there are 2 locations in Calgary, AB owned by the same person.
It's a small staff with a willingness to learn and do there very best each and every day
not a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nothin free
Cons: yes long hours 9-7 anything after that was not paid for
this one of the worse places i ever worked and if don't like you they find away to fire you and then get a days work out of you before the tell you that your a done.
Not a great place to work.
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Conception Bay South, NLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hired me
Cons: long hrs at times, not a well organised company. does not appriciate employees just the money brought in.
Too many problems in a place without respect for its customers or employees.
Aarons Is a lease to own furniture and appliance franchise with a friendly environment, fun place to work.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Been working for this franchise for over ten months. I got hired part time as a leasing specialist with promises of getting full-time employment. Aarons has a lot of potential to grow and gain more customers but advertising is where they lack.
fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 10, 2012
a day in the life of a sales manager included lots of paper work but most important was the sales, i was in charge of the csr and product technicians who i had to learn to delegate to and hold accountability,ive learned to have faith in myself and confidance, the hardest part was getting people to buy stuff
productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 3, 2012
This job gave me all the experience I needed to become a sales representative. I learned different ways to approach customers and to achieve my sales.
No day was ever the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: making an income
Cons: spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the place of buisness
We did not have a typical day at this place of business. Everyday was always different.
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
The management was not the best. He didn't know what it took to be a good manager!
My coworkers were great. We would always work as a team to help each other get through our days.
The hardest part of this job was dealing – more... with the customer base. The type of people were very difficult to work with. – less
Excellent place to aquire skills and knowlage of rent to own
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: very educational
Cons: work not appreciated
I enjoyed my time within this company. They had competitive salary and plenty of room for advancement. Treated thier staff well and as a company whole, a very put together company.
Sales manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lilburn, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: has health benefits 401k plan
Cons: no time for family very consuming
The company is great if you have a great management team and like any other company if you don't well than it'll fall apart.
Very demanding yet rewarding positon
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Central New YorkDecember 17, 2014
⦁ Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
⦁ Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
⦁ Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund – more... operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
⦁ Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
⦁ In charge of 6 stores and 56 employees in Central New York. – less
Awesome Employer
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 17, 2014
I could not have asked for a better employer. From the moment I started, I was nurtured and taught as much as possible in regards to the leasing sales industry
What I learned?
Product Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 16, 2014
Learn how to improve my work habits, how to be a manager over a great staff, driving a delivery truck and communicating with the public,and having more sales than the other stores
Great culture predicated on integrity & customer service.
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, hour lunches and comfortable work place.
Cons: work weekends
Comfortable workplace.
Opportunity to grow.
Great Benefits.
Great co-workers
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company, and the co-workers were great. The experience was good. and the chance for advancement was there. Also the hours were reasonable, and the job duties were too. I disliked the fact that everybody has to do everyone job at some point. making it hard to focus on your own job responsibilities.
horrible/hazardous environment
Product Technician (Current Employee), Porter, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: off every sunday
Cons: no lunch breaks, late hours, no family time
I worked there as a "product tech" for several years and most of the days we weren't allowed time to take a lunch due to over scheduling the deliveries.

The title of a delivery driver is a "product tech" and they will tell you its an important position, but when you've been doing it for 5+ years and a customer complains to get a discount you could – more... be terminated. Thats what happened to me.

5+ years with 3 stores I thought i was a valuable asset. I was WRONG.

You come into work (where everything should be organized) and stand around for an hour or two waiting for the sales manager and GM to get paperwork together so that you can load up the truck. when you pull merchandise from the floor, you have to replace it with something in the warehouse. your normally start your shift at 10am. by the time you get out of the store its generally about 12. you could have upwards of 15 stops a day (not to many to do) bu they route them based on the customers needs so you could be north of town on one stop and the south of town the next stop. When you do this for most stops the average 10 - 12 stops have you working until 11 or 12 at night sometimes. the latest i ever had to work was 3AM. This was only one isolated time in the 3 years, but there were several times that I was there until 12.

The deliveries that you would be making as a "product tech" will be VASTLY different. Anywhere from a 32 inch TV in a camper trailer to a King size bedroom set to a 3rd floor apartment.

Of course, all of these things depend on the management. Mine was lacking severely and I feel if I had been promoted to a supervisor instead of bringing in someone who had never worked at the company before or EVEN BEEN MANAGEMENT that I could have turned things around at my store.

THEY DO NOT PROMOTE FROM WITHIN. – less
After all, It's still rent-to-own!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: excellent team environment!
Cons: rent-to-own isn't very family friendly for it's employees.
Aaron's offered a great opportunity to work closely with my sales associates. We functioned very well as a team. There was never just one player better than the other. We were quite focused on achieving our sales goals, and were quite creative about developing new ways to increase sales. They were a pleasure to work with!
Only good thing is Sundays off guaranteed
CST (Current Employee), MassachusettsDecember 5, 2014
Pros: sundays off
Cons: 99.99% of the company
So, where to begin..

Rude customers, NASTY customers
Poor management, "1st up" doesn't work

Extremely poor wages

Only 1. Good thing to say, Sundays aarons is closed so automatic day off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more