Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No room to grow, poor benefits, low salary
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: knowledge, great staff, happy environment.
Cons: very long hours 55+ per week, poor regional management, unrealistic targets.
Love the Company, and my job greatly, Unfortunately I feel there is no longer any growth opportunity, and due to the type of business, heavy lifting and repetitive motions are often involved, they have very poor benefits considering the job requirements, I am sadly wanting to make a change to a company where there is growth potential, proper compensation, and a decent benefits plan.

I want a Career that I can better myself in, and to reach retirement.
very Stressful at times
General Manager (Pickering) (Former Employee), Pickering, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefit of getting discount on merchandise
Cons: expect too much from an indiviual
it was a job that was demanding and everyday there is some new rules implemented and you never have time for family life .
great workplace with few people so feels like family great management very adaptable to life needs.
product technician (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good co-workers, friendly evirontment
Cons: long hours, mostly weekends
Everyday can be different filled with deliveries, cleaning returned product like furniture and appliances as well as electronics. Some times the general manager would have one of the PT's go out with an accounts person on runs or field visits. being there with the same people day after day it can get frustrating but can make good friendships. the hard part of the job is the heavy lifting moving in furniture into customers homes carefully with little to no damage to the furniture and the place being delivered to.
Fun place to work- good people
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: rm is a deceptive person
This company is franchised in Canada and there are 2 locations in Calgary, AB owned by the same person.
It's a small staff with a willingness to learn and do there very best each and every day
not a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nothin free
Cons: yes long hours 9-7 anything after that was not paid for
this one of the worse places i ever worked and if don't like you they find away to fire you and then get a days work out of you before the tell you that your a done.
Not a great place to work.
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Conception Bay South, NLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hired me
Cons: long hrs at times, not a well organised company. does not appriciate employees just the money brought in.
Too many problems in a place without respect for its customers or employees.
Aarons Is a lease to own furniture and appliance franchise with a friendly environment, fun place to work.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Been working for this franchise for over ten months. I got hired part time as a leasing specialist with promises of getting full-time employment. Aarons has a lot of potential to grow and gain more customers but advertising is where they lack.
fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 10, 2012
a day in the life of a sales manager included lots of paper work but most important was the sales, i was in charge of the csr and product technicians who i had to learn to delegate to and hold accountability,ive learned to have faith in myself and confidance, the hardest part was getting people to buy stuff
productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 3, 2012
This job gave me all the experience I needed to become a sales representative. I learned different ways to approach customers and to achieve my sales.
No day was ever the same
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: making an income
Cons: spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the place of buisness
We did not have a typical day at this place of business. Everyday was always different.
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
The management was not the best. He didn't know what it took to be a good manager!
My coworkers were great. We would always work as a team to help each other get through our days.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the customer base. The type of people were very difficult to work with.
Excellent place to aquire skills and knowlage of rent to own
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: very educational
Cons: work not appreciated
I enjoyed my time within this company. They had competitive salary and plenty of room for advancement. Treated thier staff well and as a company whole, a very put together company.
Only a good job if you like who you work with
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good health insurance, paid weekly
Cons: long hours, impossible goals.
Aaron's only cares about the numbers. Whether you are on the phones all day calling your nons or you are on the phone making sales calls, if you do not hit your numbers, you get written up. I worked under 3 different GMs and 2 different RMs. I have always enjoyed my job because the people I worked with were really fun to be around. Once the 2nd GM left, it's been a nightmare. Everything is very unorganized and chaotic. I am the SM but I am doing GM duties and CAM duties. I didn't mind doing it with the 2 older GMs but I don't like the way I am being treated now.
Great Salary and benefits
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 21, 2015
As a DC manager I was given the freedom to make business decisions. They allow you to grow and that's a definite plus. I was able to gain a lot of experience and for that I am thankful.
Fun place to work long hours.
General Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay, fun place to work, something different every day.
Cons: long hours, no family life
You work collections and sales daily. The worst part of the job is going to visit peoples houses. A lot of very dirty places. I learned a lot working for Aaron's. I went around to different stores and helped out several other General Managers with inventory and other aspects of the business.
Productive and fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Customer Service Rep, Cashier, unload truck, kept showroom up.
Account payment postings, reconcile and research account discrepancies
Maintained all record-keeping procedures without error.
Good place to get management experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Vidalia, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Aaron's is a good place to get management experience due to the high turnover rate. You have a number of different employees so you quickly learn different methods to motivate employees. The job is based on preset goals that take total dedication to attain. You must be able to work a flexible schedule because you may be asked to work long hour to obtain monthly goals. In the event that you reach the goals as prescribed the rewards are substantial but it takes a total team commitment to obtain them and the long hours make it difficult because people have lives but the company doesn't attain for that aspect in the objectives.
Great Job to have
Driver / Product Technician (Former Employee), Irwin, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: sundays off
Cons: day wasnt over til every delivery was finished
As a delivery driver I handled a lot of furniture, always had a partner for the big deliveries. Learned many different lifting positions during my time at Aarons.
Manager-in-Training (Current Employee), Utica, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun family enviroment
Cons: collecting on delinquent accounts
I enjoy working at Arron's, there is a family atmosphere in the workplace and I love the sense of accomplishment when you are able to help customer's with there needs.
Questionable ethics
General Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: difficulty sleeping at night
Usury concept taking advantage of those on fixed incomes, Carrot on a stick compensation plan. Closed Sundays,
Rent to Own with a twist
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 14, 2015
You can advance, however a "Good Ole Boy" mentality still exist within this company. It's not for everyone

1 2 3 4 5

About Aaron's, Inc.

Aaron's is the leader in lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers – Read more