AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

If they paid more for their experienced mechs, they would do much better.
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth24 May 2017
They cannot sustain employment at the Duluth location since opening their doors in 2012, it's a revolving door. Experienced mechs come on board, work for awhile and see how poorly it's managed and then quickly leave. They do nothing to retain the experience when they desperately need the experience. They are completely unwilling to pay for it. They simply get what they pay for. The work is good, benefits are good. If your a new A&P needing experience you would do well to work here. If you are an airline experienced A&P, run, they will not appreciate anything you do for them. Approx. 20% of the workforce are licensed A&P's. There are people here who should not be allowed to touch an aircraft. But because they are so desperate for people, they have reduced the quality on the floor. Again, they get what they pay for!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere on the floor. Good benefits. Work load is fine.
Cons
Advancement occurs with who you know, not what you know. Poor weather. Low pay for experienced mechs
Real world logistics support for the warfighter
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NC23 May 2017
My time at AAR CORPS was a very eye opening experience. I assumed the role as logistics manager for CONUS operations to work in conjunction with the OCONUS logistics manager. Our relationship enabled me to learn a great deal about the import and export of materials. The leadership allowed me to manage my team with great results. I enjoyed working for them and would gladly join the team again if the opportunity would present itself.
Pros
Latitude to lead my team in my own style.
Cons
no cons that I can think of.
disorganize organisation
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN18 May 2017
AAR Indianapolis management is extremely disorganize, and with very poor people skills. I'm looking for a company that I can have the opportunity to grow help the company to solve problems so we can grow together.
Pros
two days off
Cons
low employee moral.
Easy work and good benefits
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UT3 May 2017
A typical day of work includes being on time at 7am then checking email and drinking coffee until orders are ready to select from the aisles. When shipments start to arrive my priority is receiving.
Pros
Monday thru Friday 7am-3:30pm shcedule
Cons
Responsibilities increase greatly, Pay does not increase.
Good place to gaing experience
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL25 April 2017
Good place to work and gaing experience, you get to know the airplanes really good , i love to work there you can grow really fast ,and the environment it's really good
If you work there dont leave.
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NC23 April 2017
Lied to other companies saying you did one thing to make you look bad when all you was doing was busting your A** to make a living!!! Yes the company is good on pay I'd go back if i could but still upset they lied about things!
Pros
Great Pay, Friendly, Caring
Cons
Lie to other companies about you to make you look bad
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FL12 April 2017
Good company with excellent resources. Management is well engaged at the employee level which in turn presents a positive work environment. Benefits are above average.
Many Changes
Monkey (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL22 February 2017
Over 6 years I watched a change in management and procedures, that went from good to ridiculous. When I started there it was still run like a family company. Today people will stab you in the back and screw you, all care about is looking good to there boss's, spending big dollars to save pennies, creating processes that take extra time to later show they cut 5 mins somewhere. Senior management is completely out of touch.
Cons
Zero Loyalty
Outstanding,Terrific and Fun workplace
Aviation Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami Springs, FL14 February 2017
My typical day at work starts by greeting everyone and meeting with the managers to discuss what needs to be done on the projects a fun and diverse workplace where everyone from different backgrounds and creeds come together to meet common goals in the company culture management is aware of everything done in projects from budgets to the tasks in every department within the project and and have a layout of solutions to deliver aircraft in a timely efficient manner as finding something hard on the part of the job is when you have to release the aircraft to the customer the most enjoyable part is when we complete the project and that we are all one big family no matter what group and/or project your in we are all in a team and we enjoy many aspects of the job
Pros
Free Lunches and Snacks
very good people
Stock Clerk/ shipping (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJ26 January 2017
nice people and fun place to work. lots of lifting and moving from days to swings to midnight and you need to know how to drive a forklift
Pros
ht lunch
Cons
helps with days off when you need them

Want to know more about AAR Corp.?

Ask a question
Good place to learn
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL25 January 2017
There's good people in the company, its great place to learn but sadly there is very little room for advancement. The midnight shift is mainly for aircraft movement, you get to do some work there but not as much as during the morning shift or the afternoon shift. if you are trying to get some hands on experience the afternoon shift will be the best to join.
Sweat shop.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolios22 January 2017
Worst upper management anywhere! Don't take advice and their way or you are out. Good place for new techs to get started. Treats loyal employees like #@#$%.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Upper managment. Treatment is terrible.
its a job that will always be hiring
Sheetmetal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 January 2017
they make it impossible to get anything finished in the given amount of time because all the inspectors want different things. management is really bad at timing when the aircrafts are suppose to be coming in, you will work 2 to 3 weeks of 10 to 12 hour shifts and then there wont be anything to do for a week.oh and they have sheet metal mechanics doing interior work because they don't want to hire interior mechanics.
Pros
had a few good lead mechanics
Cons
most everything else
decent place to work
Hose shop operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN3 January 2017
Pay and steady work is much to be desired here, benefits and hours are alright when compared to other companies but pay and steady work is lacking
Good place to gain experience.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN13 December 2016
It's a good place as an intern while going to school. Once you earn your Certifications, it would be beneficial to move on.
Great work environment and co workers.
SUPERVISOR LEAD A&P (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN3 December 2016
The management is out of touch with its workers. there is no merit for workers that go the extra mile. the in-house tools don't work most the time and when you request a special tool for the job they try to make one that does not work most the time and prolongs the job.
Aar
Deflash (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC30 November 2016
The management at AAR was awesome! I enjoyed every area of my job, working there was actually fun. Me and my fellow associates worked as a team to meet our quota. We were all pushing to meet quota because when we did we had our weekends off. I learned the real value of Team work at this company. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the messy faulk that destroyed any clothing it touched.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
having to shave my beard
Great Place to Work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN27 November 2016
The daily activities are pretty normal for a MRO station. The Management team and hanger personal are very helpful and work great as a team.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL3 September 2016
Good place to work.Great environment. Modern facility.
Great employees all the free coffee you want. World headquarters of Fortune 500 company. Very clean warehouse.
Pros
Free coffee
Busy MRO Facility
Exec Admin to COO, VP Quality and Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL24 August 2016
Very busy MRO facility. Great management team, who cares about their employees. Learned all about the airline(s) industry and their required maintenance programs. MRO was located in a very busy part of the city, so driving into work was a bit challenging. Enjoyed working with a great great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6