AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Supervisiors would bring donuts every Friday morning before work.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Help to socialized with fellow works. And talk about the work that had to done and what was need to accomplished our task.
Avoid if possible
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILDecember 19, 2015
This company does not value it's employees and pays much less that what is competitive in the industry. I would not suggest to anyone to work here.
Very bad MRO
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2015
Not a quality aircraft maint facility, upper management just wants to push A/C out at any means. Very argumentative environment.
Great work atmosphere with great benefits
manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 12, 2015
After 4 years i was laid off. Was a great company to work for but the ability to advance was non existent. Alot of rules that were strictly enforced to the floor but ignored by the management.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Best experience I ever had
Avionics Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2015
I loved the navy. Not much else to say. It's not for everyone but it gave me everything I still use today. It equipped me with the skills I currently still use today. And while in active duty you can go to school full time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not traveling
productive and a good work place
Shelter Tech. (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 5, 2015
There are some of the best coworkers at AAR. We all work together to get the job done in a safe way. We all have different task. to do each day and learn from each other. .Projects that come in are all challenging ,but with the team work we have we get the job done.
Pros
heath care and 401 plan
Cons
no cold water
Fun
Assist Powerplant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
Always a great day to come to work and learn new things dealing with airplanes.also great people there to help you learn and grow with the company.
Great to mentor young apprentice
Hanger Heavy Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2015
AAR receives many interns from George T. Baker Aviations School and it is a great opportunity to be able to mentor the young men that will soon follow in our footsteps.
AAR
Technician I A and P (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2015
AAR is a great place to work. especially if you are just starting a career in aviation. AAR have a great Atmosphere of people with good attitudes
Working in the Defense systems and logistics department
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CASeptember 18, 2015
My current job with AAR Corp has had its ups and down, but overall it has been a great job for me. I started this job at the age of 19 and it has done great at providing for myself and my family over the last 6 years, but sadly the department I work in has a very low ceiling and you cap out really early. We are contracting with the SCA so are wages do not increase based off of our performance. They are only increased with the SCA rate increases which doesn't happen very often. I have received and experienced many great things from this job, but it is time to move on to bigger and better challenges.
Pros
you get to travel
Cons
you never recieve an increase in pay
S 91 crew chief in Afghanistan
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 16, 2015
We worked long days in extreme heat flying troops and supplies to remote field bases all over the country. I was based out of camp Leatherneck in the middle of the dessert,but we still flew every day
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
real hot weather
Good place if someone wants to advance and move up in the company.
Sheet Metal Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 7, 2015
AAR Corp is a growing company that needs good workers. The company has the potential to be one of the most successful MRO's in the world with the right employees. Management can stand to make better decisions but the workforce is the key.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low skill level of employees.
Love the company hate the lay off
AMS (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing company to work for if you need a job to get your foot in the door. But due to high layoffs and no benefits if you are a contractor, its best if you find another job after a few years of experience.
Pros
Managment, great people, overtime
Cons
all stated above
New furniture, paint, walls, cafeteria and flooring. The things worth changing remain the same
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILAugust 30, 2015
This company has had one of the highest turnover rates I have seen in a long time. Some of its best and brightest employees have quickly departed for greener and friendlier pastures. At least two dozen or more employees across multiple departments have left within the past year.

Persistent problems exist like lack of training. Hiring people due to nepotism and not because they may be the best person for a job. Then when their inexperience shines through people have to make way to train them across the departments they affect so everyone's jobs will not be adversely affected. You are expected to train people outside your department and do it with a smile or else you'll end up with a bad yearly review.

When people quit, they are again replaced with hopeful determined new hires. Then these people yet again have to be trained and again ineffectively by their superiors.

Meanwhile senior management tries to improve efficiency by trying change processes instead of focusing on training people. They fix the walls with new paint, get new furniture and landscaping while some employees are still trying to learn how to look up information on the computer.

The new office layout is ripe with distractions because everything is within eyesight and people easily overhear people's conversations or people who simply walk by. They got rid of cubicle walls so as you try to concentrate more on your tasks at hand (or if you are not training another new hire) you can become uncomfortable.

Just because you put a pretty bow and lipstick on a pig does not mean you'd still want to kiss
  more... it. After 10 years of service here you get four weeks of vacation. Sounds good? Then pucker up.  less
Pros
Newly painted walls, new offices, new cafeteria, new employees (which means they are hiring)
Cons
Lack of training, senior management out of touch with persistent rolling problems
going out of business
Multi-craft Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2015
allowed contractors to bankrupt there business by performing faults and costly repairs making them unable to reach goals to customers
Pros
clean inverment
Cons
long hours lack of training
Quickly growing company
Repair Coordinator / Buyer, Repair Services (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 22, 2015
Company started out having that "small shop" feel where everyone knew each other. It's now growing very quickly and losing some of that personality.
Decent job, low pay for the work being demanded
Aircraft Production (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
• Planning and the creation of projects, work orders and work cards.
• Review, validate, and process workload induction documents.
• Responsible for the assignment and control of the flow and sequence of work on a specific aircraft undergoing maintenance
• Arrange tasks in Production Control work boards by zones and skills for assigned aircraft.
• Review the board continuously and Assign, control and flow work in agreed sequence with Project Manager.
• Coordinate ordering of parts and assign tasks when the parts are available.
• Coordinate and ensure that CJI auditor prior to placing in completed records file reviews all completed tasks.
• Coordinate with the clerks completed tasks and other maintenance documentation are copied and/or scanned in records file in a timely manner.
• Maintain a daily written progress report in the Production Control Turn-over book for assigned project.
AAR CORP
Administrator Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 21, 2015
The company is having way to many DOWNS and not many UPS. Local management trys hard to work with employees however they really have no power when it comes to decision making.
Pros
Good Poeple
Cons
Layoffs
Has Potential -
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 20, 2015
Reshaping the industry within the aerospace. A company that has potential for offering new comers and recent college graduates to establish a foot in the door, along with possible advancement. However too many chiefs, not enough Indians causing for turnover and poor management practices.
Pros
Group events, on site training, gym, food court, modern layout
Cons
Work/Life balance, bonuses, pay, upper management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Had a blast working here. The management team is friendly and willing to make changes when necessary. Highly motivated place to work. If you want lots of overtime this is the place to go.

2.9