AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Great work atmosphere with great benefits
manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 12, 2015
After 4 years i was laid off. Was a great company to work for but the ability to advance was non existent. Alot of rules that were strictly enforced to the floor but ignored by the management.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Good work environment. Not a reliable job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Worked for company for 4 years, good work environment. But constant layoffs. About every year to 18 months first a hiring freeze so good temp employees can't be brought on, then the lay off. Hire ups will lie to their own managers and tell them they have nothing to worry about. Then when the anouncment is made surprise. Even with perfect attendance, no abuse of sick time, no right ups, they have no loyalty to anyone. I would never return unless under contract.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No loyalty to employees
Director-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, New YorkJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed my 23 years at AAR's Garden City facility.Opportunities for job growth and advancement were very good. After leaving the Navy I started at AAR as a Tech 1 (lowest rating) and left as a Director. Held many positions in differing disciplines. I was also abut 25% travel at one point when there. I only left because I was head hunted away for a better salary with a company in the same industry that was much closer to home and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Pros
Opportunities for advancment
Good place if someone wants to advance and move up in the company.
Sheet Metal Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 7, 2015
AAR Corp is a growing company that needs good workers. The company has the potential to be one of the most successful MRO's in the world with the right employees. Management can stand to make better decisions but the workforce is the key.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low skill level of employees.
Has Potential -
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 20, 2015
Reshaping the industry within the aerospace. A company that has potential for offering new comers and recent college graduates to establish a foot in the door, along with possible advancement. However too many chiefs, not enough Indians causing for turnover and poor management practices.
Pros
Group events, on site training, gym, food court, modern layout
Cons
Work/Life balance, bonuses, pay, upper management
Avoid if possible
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILDecember 19, 2015
This company does not value it's employees and pays much less that what is competitive in the industry. I would not suggest to anyone to work here.
5 guys and I got lay off on the second day of training
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
Went to training for 2 days and same day on the afternoon received a call telling us no to show up tomorrow and that everyone's it's been cancelled sorry for any inconvenience
Cons
Don't hire people if u going to lay them off after 2 days of training
Experience people stay away
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
If you can deal with the culture of the aviation field, and also can deal with not being paid what other companies pay for their people. Then this is place for you. But if you just got you A/P and need the experience under your belt then AAR is the place to start out at.
enjoyed my job
Shelter Tech: (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Going to work knowing that before i got off work i be drowned with all the water i used. But enjoyed my job and my manager and coworkers. Hardest part of the job was push them Military builds in the 400 degree oven,But got help with it. People ther would help you anyway they could. enjoyed been on the first Aid Responder team. Did alot of overtime . worked sometime 7 days a week.Closed down the side i was on got Layoff.
Not a bad place to get a start
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2016
Lots of good eperience on comercial aircraft. Great people to work with who can teach you alot. plenty of time off with vacation floating holidays and such.
Pros
decent pay to start
Cons
healthcare, managment
Very bad MRO
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2015
Not a quality aircraft maint facility, upper management just wants to push A/C out at any means. Very argumentative environment.
Working in the Defense systems and logistics department
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CASeptember 18, 2015
My current job with AAR Corp has had its ups and down, but overall it has been a great job for me. I started this job at the age of 19 and it has done great at providing for myself and my family over the last 6 years, but sadly the department I work in has a very low ceiling and you cap out really early. We are contracting with the SCA so are wages do not increase based off of our performance. They are only increased with the SCA rate increases which doesn't happen very often. I have received and experienced many great things from this job, but it is time to move on to bigger and better challenges.
Pros
you get to travel
Cons
you never recieve an increase in pay
Love the company hate the lay off
AMS (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing company to work for if you need a job to get your foot in the door. But due to high layoffs and no benefits if you are a contractor, its best if you find another job after a few years of experience.
Pros
Managment, great people, overtime
Cons
all stated above
Supervisiors would bring donuts every Friday morning before work.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Help to socialized with fellow works. And talk about the work that had to done and what was need to accomplished our task.
AAR
Technician I A and P (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2015
AAR is a great place to work. especially if you are just starting a career in aviation. AAR have a great Atmosphere of people with good attitudes
Best experience I ever had
Avionics Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2015
I loved the navy. Not much else to say. It's not for everyone but it gave me everything I still use today. It equipped me with the skills I currently still use today. And while in active duty you can go to school full time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not traveling
productive and a good work place
Shelter Tech. (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 5, 2015
There are some of the best coworkers at AAR. We all work together to get the job done in a safe way. We all have different task. to do each day and learn from each other. .Projects that come in are all challenging ,but with the team work we have we get the job done.
Pros
heath care and 401 plan
Cons
no cold water
A very oppressive environment
Engineering Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at this company has not been about the work but about who would be leaving next. I have learned that the culture within a company is the most important thing that should be fostered and have taken that for granted after many years of working at companies who worked hard to show they cared about their employees. Upper management here have been very oppressive. There is no opportunity for teleworking, but consultants are hired and they all work from home; their is no trust of the employees that they have hired; policies are written when they are needed; it is a very backwards environment. This has been the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part have been my co-workers. Everyone wants to do the right thing, but get frustrated trying because of the lack of support from management.
Pros
the people.
Cons
lack of culture.
going out of business
Multi-craft Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2015
allowed contractors to bankrupt there business by performing faults and costly repairs making them unable to reach goals to customers
Pros
clean inverment
Cons
long hours lack of training
Exciting and great job experience to gain from emplotment in the world of aviation maintenance.
A&P Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 8, 2014
Ive learned a lot of valuable information and had many hours of critical hands on experience with many systems and components at AAR Corp, which I hope will springboard me to my next job. The current management at AAR in Hot Springs however is weak and shaky at best, but with a little encouragement and a push toward intruding less into the daily work environment that floor mechanics share I believe that this could all be turned around for good.
The fellow employees that I have had the privilidge to work side by side with really made it an enjoyable experience for me. They are a great bunch of hard working guys that never let the difficulties of a job defeat their ability to overcome these obstacles and even despite the lack of faith in a solid management team they maintain a high level of morale that goes without saying.
Pros
excellent healthcare benifits and generous number of vacation days and sick pay.
Cons
short lunches and breaks, as well as constant unneccessary meddling by upper managment.

2.9