AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Try to keep up
Manager Warehouse & Tooling (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA24 August 2017
Very fast pased and stressfull environment. My manager was excellent. The job is tough due to the high stakes of the career. I would recommend to people who can deal with this type of work.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Always at work
Afghanistan
QA INSPECTOR/MX CONTROLLER - C-130H (Current Employee) –  Afghanistan16 August 2017
Company needs to work on harmonization. AAR is the lowest paid for aviation mechanics located in a war zone in Afghanistan. There is an extreme lack of communication on the aviation program in Afghanistan. The experience level of the majority of the mechanics is very low. I have no comment about the management.
Pros
Cons
Inexperienced personnel
If you are friends with the GM - you have a job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL8 July 2017
If you have a family, not the place to work. You are expected to work 70 hours a week, 7 days a week.

No support, no training, "good ole boy environment".
AAR Company Summary
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL18 June 2017
AAR is an established company with years of Aviation experience. By utilizing supported business units it develops solutions organically to meet the customers demands.
International Company with potential
Program Analyst / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kabul, AF12 June 2017
AAR Corp. is a very good company to work for offering world wide opportunity.

Employment within the US is very promising and offers a wide variety of promotion or advancement.

Overseas contractual work is as needed by the company. Eventually in management or direct labor an individual may become vulnerable to the changes in wage scale or mission requirement.

The company is solid aerospace and logistic enterprise and traded publicly.
Pros
Established
Cons
High turnover of management noted
Managed terribly from Florida
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  McClellan Park, CA3 June 2017
The Florida overseers after a successful First Article submission, fired our wonderful capable intelligent experienced Manager and brought in a hack who very quickly ruined the McClellan Park, CA facility.
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Management from Florida was parasitic and self serving..
A good place to start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 6110925 May 2017
Hires entry level mechanics at low starting wages, so not a career company, but a good place to get experience. Management lacks direction and communication. Morale is typically lower than average.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Morale, management
If they paid more for their experienced mechs, they would do much better.
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth24 May 2017
They cannot sustain employment at the Duluth location since opening their doors in 2012, it's a revolving door. Experienced mechs come on board, work for awhile and see how poorly it's managed and then quickly leave. They do nothing to retain the experience when they desperately need the experience. They are completely unwilling to pay for it. They simply get what they pay for. The work is good, benefits are good. If your a new A&P needing experience you would do well to work here. If you are an airline experienced A&P, run, they will not appreciate anything you do for them. Approx. 20% of the workforce are licensed A&P's. There are people here who should not be allowed to touch an aircraft. But because they are so desperate for people, they have reduced the quality on the floor. Again, they get what they pay for!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere on the floor. Good benefits. Work load is fine.
Cons
Advancement occurs with who you know, not what you know. Poor weather. Low pay for experienced mechs
Real world logistics support for the warfighter
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NC23 May 2017
My time at AAR CORPS was a very eye opening experience. I assumed the role as logistics manager for CONUS operations to work in conjunction with the OCONUS logistics manager. Our relationship enabled me to learn a great deal about the import and export of materials. The leadership allowed me to manage my team with great results. I enjoyed working for them and would gladly join the team again if the opportunity would present itself.
Pros
Latitude to lead my team in my own style.
Cons
no cons that I can think of.
Easy work and good benefits
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UT3 May 2017
A typical day of work includes being on time at 7am then checking email and drinking coffee until orders are ready to select from the aisles. When shipments start to arrive my priority is receiving.
Pros
Monday thru Friday 7am-3:30pm shcedule
Cons
Responsibilities increase greatly, Pay does not increase.
Good place to gaing experience
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL25 April 2017
Good place to work and gaing experience, you get to know the airplanes really good , i love to work there you can grow really fast ,and the environment it's really good
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FL12 April 2017
Good company with excellent resources. Management is well engaged at the employee level which in turn presents a positive work environment. Benefits are above average.
Outstanding,Terrific and Fun workplace
Aviation Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami Springs, FL14 February 2017
My typical day at work starts by greeting everyone and meeting with the managers to discuss what needs to be done on the projects a fun and diverse workplace where everyone from different backgrounds and creeds come together to meet common goals in the company culture management is aware of everything done in projects from budgets to the tasks in every department within the project and and have a layout of solutions to deliver aircraft in a timely efficient manner as finding something hard on the part of the job is when you have to release the aircraft to the customer the most enjoyable part is when we complete the project and that we are all one big family no matter what group and/or project your in we are all in a team and we enjoy many aspects of the job
Pros
Free Lunches and Snacks
very good people
Stock Clerk/ shipping (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJ26 January 2017
nice people and fun place to work. lots of lifting and moving from days to swings to midnight and you need to know how to drive a forklift
Pros
ht lunch
Cons
helps with days off when you need them
Good place to learn
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL25 January 2017
There's good people in the company, its great place to learn but sadly there is very little room for advancement. The midnight shift is mainly for aircraft movement, you get to do some work there but not as much as during the morning shift or the afternoon shift. if you are trying to get some hands on experience the afternoon shift will be the best to join.
its a job that will always be hiring
Sheetmetal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 January 2017
they make it impossible to get anything finished in the given amount of time because all the inspectors want different things. management is really bad at timing when the aircrafts are suppose to be coming in, you will work 2 to 3 weeks of 10 to 12 hour shifts and then there wont be anything to do for a week.oh and they have sheet metal mechanics doing interior work because they don't want to hire interior mechanics.
Pros
had a few good lead mechanics
Cons
most everything else
decent place to work
Hose shop operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN3 January 2017
Pay and steady work is much to be desired here, benefits and hours are alright when compared to other companies but pay and steady work is lacking
Good place to gain experience.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN13 December 2016
It's a good place as an intern while going to school. Once you earn your Certifications, it would be beneficial to move on.
Aar
Deflash (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC30 November 2016
The management at AAR was awesome! I enjoyed every area of my job, working there was actually fun. Me and my fellow associates worked as a team to meet our quota. We were all pushing to meet quota because when we did we had our weekends off. I learned the real value of Team work at this company. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the messy faulk that destroyed any clothing it touched.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
having to shave my beard
Great Place to Work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN27 November 2016
The daily activities are pretty normal for a MRO station. The Management team and hanger personal are very helpful and work great as a team.