AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
going out of business
Multi-craft Machine Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2015
Pros: clean inverment
Cons: long hours lack of training
allowed contractors to bankrupt there business by performing faults and costly repairs making them unable to reach goals to customers
Quickly growing company
Repair Coordinator / Buyer, Repair Services (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILJuly 22, 2015
Company started out having that "small shop" feel where everyone knew each other. It's now growing very quickly and losing some of that personality.
Decent job, low pay for the work being demanded
Aircraft Production (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
• Planning and the creation of projects, work orders and work cards.
• Review, validate, and process workload induction documents.
• Responsible for the assignment and control of the flow and sequence of work on a specific aircraft undergoing maintenance
• Arrange tasks in Production Control work boards by zones and skills for assigned aircraft.
• Review the board continuously and Assign, control and flow work in agreed sequence with Project Manager.
• Coordinate ordering of parts and assign tasks when the parts are available.
• Coordinate and ensure that CJI auditor prior to placing in completed records file reviews all completed tasks.
• Coordinate with the clerks completed tasks and other maintenance documentation are copied and/or scanned in records file in a timely manner.
• Maintain a daily written progress report in the Production Control Turn-over book for assigned project.
AAR CORP
Administrator Help Desk (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good Poeple
Cons: Layoffs
The company is having way to many DOWNS and not many UPS. Local management trys hard to work with employees however they really have no power when it comes to decision making.
Has Potential -
Buyer (Current Employee), Wood Dale, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Group events, on site training, gym, food court, modern layout
Cons: Work/Life balance, bonuses, pay, upper management
Reshaping the industry within the aerospace. A company that has potential for offering new comers and recent college graduates to establish a foot in the door, along with possible advancement. However too many chiefs, not enough Indians causing for turnover and poor management practices.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Had a blast working here. The management team is friendly and willing to make changes when necessary. Highly motivated place to work. If you want lots of overtime this is the place to go.
Mechanic 1 (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2015
Great projects..........................................................................
Management...........................................................................
Plenty of supplies...................................................................................
unprofessional
structures technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2015
This company is very disorganized and unprofessional. They support favoritism in the work environment and there is no leadership or chance for improvement.
Aircraft Industry
Tools and Parts Attendant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
Pros: working four days and off three
Cons: pay amount
I loved working in the aircraft industry. I was only a tool and parts attendant, but I was able to see what all goes on in the aircraft maintenance industry.
Stable job but with no job advancement
Avionics Apprentice (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 22, 2015
AAR is a good company for someone to start off as an aircraft maintainer. Learned a lot about material planning and a bit about logistics. Personally, this job is good for a person with no experience in commercial airlines. Downside to this job is the fact that the majority of the workers at this company have no experience in aviation at all, and can be very disorganized due to the little of the experience workers they have. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning while working and being attentive about the whole operation and finding out everyday how something works in the aviation business.
Bad Workplace with a Horrible Supervisor
Department of Army Contractor (Former Employee), Camp As Sayliyah, Doha, QatarFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the program manager is a professional person with great interpersonal communication skills.
Cons: the unprofessional supervisor and the hostile work environment she created.
I worked on Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar in a Medical Warehouse. The Supervisor was the most horrible person I'd ever met. AAR Corp hired me in the job description "Customer Service Supervisor" but I actually heard the Supervisor tell the subordinates that they better not tell me if they were going to be out on a sick day. I was also told that although my job title was Supervisor the other Supervisor was actually my Supervisor and that I would be the Floor Manager. I said OK, I was glad to be clear about my job description because the one that was provided to me by HR was what the other Supervisor did. – more... The job description as Floor Manager was never provided to me.

When I was taking company mandated training modules that required a minimum passing score of 80%, the Supervisor insisted that I purposely fail each module. She said that I only needed to know what she showed me. When I refused to fail any of the modules the tension between her and I was thick. She began to complain to the Program Manager about me. If I so much as left a glass on the kitchen counter she complained about it as if I never cleaned up (yes we had to live together also). It got to the point that she physically walked in my personal space, chest to chest, and got in my face within an inch, just to intimidate me. She would yell and use profanity when talking to me. I don't care about people using profanity but if you're speaking to me as my Supervisor, it's nice when professionalism is maintained.

When I reported it to the Manager and HR, I was told that she's like that with everyone and that it was my word against hers. They also said that since I reported that I was working in a "hostile work environment" and that because I was new and she had been there for years, they decided to end my employment. As a severance package they continued to pay me for a certain amount of time. The Manager also wrote an outstanding reference letter for me. It really made me feel good because after reading it, I realized my work ethics and professionalism was noticed by him. Still it hurt to be relieved from the position because I seems that she (the Supervisor) got what she wanted; me gone.

I'd always heard of companies like this and horrible Supervisors but I never thought it would happen to me. This experience really makes me appreciate other overseas contracting companies I've worked for. With those companies I don't know of anyone experiencing a Supervisor insisting that they fail mandated training nor would they have to deal with a Supervisor physically intimidating them. All the more, HR and Management would at least consider that if an employee decides to report the bad behavior of a Supervisor the report would be taken with the utter most seriousness. I'd never heard of an employee who reported this type of bad behavior being the one who's relieved. So I do not recommend working for AAR Corp. – less
Extremely busy and always something to do
Lead A&P mechanic - A&P mechanic on heavy checks (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: not much time with family, lay offs, work hours
Get a job assigned and complete it. Spend a lot of time at work. Learned a whole lot about aircraft. Most of the management was good. Co-workers are great people. Great paychecks and good people to work with.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
Women are a minority and the department I was in didn't respect the women that worked there. Constant write ups for no reason, and I couldn't wait to clock out of there because I felt like I was being watched, and disrespected
Great Company
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Wood Dale, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Great Company however there is no job security.
Typical 8:30-5:30 job.
AAR
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed the work, and the pace of the work environment. Because this was a contract position, I was lacking job security.
best and worst part of this job
a&p (Former Employee), indianapolis inJanuary 9, 2015
worst clocking in
best clocking out.
I was a helicopter mechanic and have learned everything about it from leadership and superiors who cared and took their work seriously. Not at AAR. everyone hated being there as did I.
Just horrible
Floor worker (Current Employee), Goldsboro NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits are good if you can afford them
Cons: while everyone hopes this new project will take off, . you can seriously tell everyone doubts it. so i have my doubts this plant will take off again.
This has to be one of the worst companies I ever worked for.

This plant is on their last leg.

The management actually insults the people on the floor, and talks about how they use to do drugs on the job.

The management has no real hopes that this company will be around in the area in 6 months to a year. (They lost ONE contract, and went from 750+ people to 36 a few months ago.)

The company virtually has no systems in place to actually move forward with their current project, other than try and see what happens.

The company uses a remote connection for all their systems. This means you get – more... log out of their systems all the time, the info is only goes down a line, there is a lot of lag, and it takes 4 hours (not joking) to do a 20 minute job.

The company has a horrible problem with just leaving things out, and having metal shavings all over the place on FOD free zones.

You only get a 15 min break

You will be counted late if you are 4 min late, and you will get a point against you if you come in 10 min before your shift.
(You can get 1 point per hour, and you will lose your job after 25 points)
The worst part about this is the clock in/out things don't work half the time.

The pay vs work is not there (so you may not be able to afford the benefits)

Both the people on the floor and the management will lie to your face. Even more so when there is no way to fact check what they are talking about.

You will get be punish for using your vacation days.

There is a complete segregation between the blue-collar and white-collar workers. To the point where many of these rules ONLY apply to the blue-collar workers.
White-collar workers can leave the building when they eat, come and go, keep their mobile devices with them, and dress however they want. – less
Do not do it.
Employee (Former Employee), Cadillac, miDecember 2, 2014
Cons: everything.
This place is a joke. If you are not in with the boys you will be out on your butt. Company refuses to compensate based on merit but will compensate for those (many) who sit around and lead the company down the wrong path. Other than a terrible work environment, terrible management and terrible compensation this would be a great place to work. Also H.R leads this company and directs Sr. Management, completely backwards people there.
Poor Management. Below average pay.
Senior MRO Sales Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: none.
Poor Supervisors. Very political. Lower than average pay.
great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 16, 2014
great place to work but defense contract expired and had a mass lay off