AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Many Changes
Monkey (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL22 February 2017
Over 6 years I watched a change in management and procedures, that went from good to ridiculous. When I started there it was still run like a family company. Today people will stab you in the back and screw you, all care about is looking good to there boss's, spending big dollars to save pennies, creating processes that take extra time to later show they cut 5 mins somewhere. Senior management is completely out of touch.
Cons
Zero Loyalty
its a job that will always be hiring
Sheetmetal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 January 2017
they make it impossible to get anything finished in the given amount of time because all the inspectors want different things. management is really bad at timing when the aircrafts are suppose to be coming in, you will work 2 to 3 weeks of 10 to 12 hour shifts and then there wont be anything to do for a week.oh and they have sheet metal mechanics doing interior work because they don't want to hire interior mechanics.
Pros
had a few good lead mechanics
Cons
most everything else
Outstanding,Terrific and Fun workplace
Aviation Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami Springs, FL14 February 2017
My typical day at work starts by greeting everyone and meeting with the managers to discuss what needs to be done on the projects a fun and diverse workplace where everyone from different backgrounds and creeds come together to meet common goals in the company culture management is aware of everything done in projects from budgets to the tasks in every department within the project and and have a layout of solutions to deliver aircraft in a timely efficient manner as finding something hard on the part of the job is when you have to release the aircraft to the customer the most enjoyable part is when we complete the project and that we are all one big family no matter what group and/or project your in we are all in a team and we enjoy many aspects of the job
Pros
Free Lunches and Snacks
Aar
Deflash (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC30 November 2016
The management at AAR was awesome! I enjoyed every area of my job, working there was actually fun. Me and my fellow associates worked as a team to meet our quota. We were all pushing to meet quota because when we did we had our weekends off. I learned the real value of Team work at this company. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the messy faulk that destroyed any clothing it touched.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
having to shave my beard
Great work environment and co workers.
SUPERVISOR LEAD A&P (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN3 December 2016
The management is out of touch with its workers. there is no merit for workers that go the extra mile. the in-house tools don't work most the time and when you request a special tool for the job they try to make one that does not work most the time and prolongs the job.
Sweat shop.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolios22 January 2017
Worst upper management anywhere! Don't take advice and their way or you are out. Good place for new techs to get started. Treats loyal employees like #@#$%.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Upper managment. Treatment is terrible.
very good people
Stock Clerk/ shipping (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJ26 January 2017
nice people and fun place to work. lots of lifting and moving from days to swings to midnight and you need to know how to drive a forklift
Pros
ht lunch
Cons
helps with days off when you need them
Busy MRO Facility
Exec Admin to COO, VP Quality and Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL24 August 2016
Very busy MRO facility. Great management team, who cares about their employees. Learned all about the airline(s) industry and their required maintenance programs. MRO was located in a very busy part of the city, so driving into work was a bit challenging. Enjoyed working with a great great people.
decent place to work
Hose shop operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN3 January 2017
Pay and steady work is much to be desired here, benefits and hours are alright when compared to other companies but pay and steady work is lacking
working with aircraft parts locating them and sending with runners
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA1 August 2016
It was a family atmosphere, didnt like warehouse manager, other than that i loved my job. It could be really faced paced at times and alot of headaches trying to locate parts. The lady in Human resources was awsome
Pros
got to leave for lunch, had two days off
Cons
manager had his favorites
good client balance
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nairobi22 July 2016
a typical work day is busy because it is referral hospital. it is a well organized hospital.co workers relate well with one another. the hardest part of the job was lack of pay since i was doing an unpaid internship.the most enjoyable part for me as working with abandoned children since they look at us as there guardians.
Good place to gain experience.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN13 December 2016
It's a good place as an intern while going to school. Once you earn your Certifications, it would be beneficial to move on.
Great over time
Mechanic in Duluth (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN14 August 2016
The management was not so good but fair. I started out as interior technician. My mangers were pleased with my potentials and quality of my work, was always asked if wanted to work over time. The management was very friendly.
Pros
Great over time
Cons
Disorganized management
Director-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, New York17 June 2016
I enjoyed my 23 years at AAR's Garden City facility.Opportunities for job growth and advancement were very good. After leaving the Navy I started at AAR as a Tech 1 (lowest rating) and left as a Director. Held many positions in differing disciplines. I was also abut 25% travel at one point when there. I only left because I was head hunted away for a better salary with a company in the same industry that was much closer to home and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Pros
Opportunities for advancment
Great Place to Work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN27 November 2016
The daily activities are pretty normal for a MRO station. The Management team and hanger personal are very helpful and work great as a team.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, IL3 September 2016
Good place to work.Great environment. Modern facility.
Great employees all the free coffee you want. World headquarters of Fortune 500 company. Very clean warehouse.
Pros
Free coffee
Experience people stay away
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN24 June 2016
If you can deal with the culture of the aviation field, and also can deal with not being paid what other companies pay for their people. Then this is place for you. But if you just got you A/P and need the experience under your belt then AAR is the place to start out at.
5 guys and I got lay off on the second day of training
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL24 May 2016
Went to training for 2 days and same day on the afternoon received a call telling us no to show up tomorrow and that everyone's it's been cancelled sorry for any inconvenience
Cons
Don't hire people if u going to lay them off after 2 days of training
Good work environment. Not a reliable job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC9 February 2016
Worked for company for 4 years, good work environment. But constant layoffs. About every year to 18 months first a hiring freeze so good temp employees can't be brought on, then the lay off. Hire ups will lie to their own managers and tell them they have nothing to worry about. Then when the anouncment is made surprise. Even with perfect attendance, no abuse of sick time, no right ups, they have no loyalty to anyone. I would never return unless under contract.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No loyalty to employees
Productivity
Aircraft Mechanics/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 April 2016
Engaging in work activity
Complete all tasks, Per work shift
I have learned that there is room for improvement
for the most part co-workers were fairly easy to work with
Management provide a clean and safe work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6