We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual with a Software and Technical background, for the position of an On-line Software Trainer/Application Development Support Technician, this position will have the primary responsibility for on-line software training, which will cover approx. 50% of the time, the other responsibilities will be:
Application Development Centre management
- Software and CNC Router Training (Onsite, online and In-house training of customers and staff (train the trainers)
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards with respect to ADC and Demo Room.
- Preparation of a comprehensive monthly report of completed activities, projects in progress and future plans, together with an update of results achieved against targets.
- Responsibility includes managing program spending within budget guidelines.
Sales Support of Application specific router solutions
- Customer demonstrations, samples, testing
- Trade-show support
- Sample Libraries (samples and process videos)
Customer Application Support
- Solution viability determination
- Project documentation and communication
- Customer Liaison
- Departmental co-ordination and training
- Pre/Post delivery training and support
Testing of Vendor supplied CAD programs to ensure compatibility with AXYZ products.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
2 or 3 year College Diploma in Mechatronics, Electronic or Mechanical Technician or Technology program combined with 1-3 years in a machining environment. Highly motivated, energetic and professional with a demonstrated ability to lead, as well as to work as a member of cross functional teams. Strong computer,CAD design, and software skills are required. Bilingualism is an asset. Candidates with specific experience in assigned products / technologies are preferred.
Specific Competencies in
- NC Programming
Machining Experience in one or more of the following applications will be considered an asset:
- Woodworking and cabinetmaking
- Sheet metal
- Kitchen and bath counter
- Router, Laser and Plasma cutting
Position is Full Time, Salary with Benefits, Some travel required.