AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 30 years. We manufacture and service offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring and process control. We serve a global market with international experience in Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Australia and The United States. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is one of Vancouver Island's most sought after career choices and offers competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
The Production Team requires a hands on Mechanical Integration and Test Technician to assemble, integrate, test and document environmental monitoring systems. The production department is responsible for manufacturing and delivering quality products used in the environmental monitoring industry.
This role requires a person who is mature and well rounded and has the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, demanding and dynamic environment. While working along side a cohesive team, the ideal candidate is able to meet tight deadlines independently with little or no supervision.
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and other tools.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain assembly quality records.
- Recommend changes to product documentation.
- Assist and recommend manufacturing processes improvements.
- Liaise with Product Development to transfer new technologies to Production.
- Maintain testing equipment, perform in-house calibration and advise on equipment requiring repairs or replacements.
- Mechanical Technologist diploma or equivalent is required, with a minimum of 2 years experience in electro-mechanical systems integration and testing.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions is a requirement.
- Electrical or electronic aptitude is an asset
- Hands on experience in the electronic industry is an asset
- Strong hands on experience in a hi-tech environment using fixed and hand shop tools.
- Keeping attention to detail while producing very high quality work is mandatory.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to handle heavy loads
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and application of new knowledge and skills.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces.
- Forklift and/or crane training will be an asset.
- MRP/ERP experience would be an asset, but training can be provided.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with; references, a cover letter outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals and related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. by responding to this advertisement. Samples/Descriptions of previous relevant work and projects may be required prior to candidates being selected for interviews
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.