Specializing in visual science communication, AXS Studio creates award-winning animations and illustrations for healthcare, education and TV/Film industries. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a tight-knit team dedicated to creating beautiful, meaningful works of art that furthers the life sciences. Perks include great benefits plan, a warm, inviting open-concept workspace, and competitive compensation. www.axs3d.com
As a main point of contact for our clients, the Account Director (AD) is responsible for initiating our client intake process by responding to RFPs to secure work contracts. ADs educate clients on all aspects of creative production including usage, ownership, and project review stages. ADs liaise between the client and the creative team, working closely with Art Directors and Producers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. The result of these efforts is smooth, successful proposal, execution and delivery of animation, illustration and interactive projects that are completed to client satisfaction, and further the creative vision of our studio.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 4 years accounts/client services experience in healthcare communications industry. Experience with healthcare advertising and promotions including medical visualization, is a major asset.
- University degree or equivalent strong background in life sciences is mandatory.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills for both external and internal communications.
- Highly computer literate. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign. Comfortable in Mac and PC environment.
- Demonstrates ability to make sound judgment.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of the stages of production for creating an animation, illustration (print and digital) and/or interactive applications is preferred.
1) Responsible for all RFPs. Secure animation, illustration and interactive work contracts with appropriate budgets and timelines.
2) Account director and management from project start to delivery. Ensure execution and delivery of projects such that they are on time, on budget and completed to the satisfaction of (i) the client, (ii) AXS Creative Director, (iii) AXS Director of Client Services.
3) Maintain quality of service. A continued high level of trust and camaraderie between AXS and its clients and between the AXS Studio team members.
4) Leverage existing client relationships for new business opportunities. Secure new projects from existing clients.
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent group benefits.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, negotiable with experience.
- Opportunities for professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to < careers (at) axs3d.com >. Please include 3 references. Be sure to include the following text in your email subject line “Artists that speak the language of science.” Please note that any emails without this subject line will not be opened.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: January 31st 2014
No phone calls or in-person inquiries please. We aim to send timely emailed status updates for your application. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by our HR Manager by February 7th.
STARTING DATE: Immediate.