AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Terrace Bay, Ontario, the pulpmill finds itself in a picturesque area of the province on Lake Superior. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay's focus is to produce pulp products, with the intention of converting to specialty pulp products (dissolvable grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. The Aditya Birla Group is a 40 billion US$ corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles, worldwide.
Position location: Terrace Bay, ON
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Senior Buyer
Working with the mill’s Purchasing and Warehouse teams the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by the business
- Assess requirements of the business and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
- May train or supervise purchasing clerks.
- Certification in the Professional Purchasing accreditation program or be actively pursuing accreditation
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing operations, preferably within the pulp and paper industry
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with all mill teams to ensure delivery of results on time and within budget are essential
- Must be willing to relocate to Terrace Bay (relocation assistance provided)
In addition to the challenge and opportunity associated with the positions, AV Terrace Bay Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits.
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.