AURA OFFICE ENVIRONMENTS Inc. (www.auraoffice.ca) local affiliate of UNISPACE (www.unispace.com) global COMMERCIAL design-build group, is seeking an, energetic and outgoing junior/intermediate level Interior Designer to join our office in Cloverdale (Surrey) BC. Working effectively with our hand-picked team, you will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as be able to multi-task in an environment with competing priorities.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Undertake the development of technical/ design solutions
- Undertake selection and research of project design materials
- Responsible to apply building codes and construction regulations knowledge
- Prepare working drawing contract documents, plans, details and schedules, using AutoCAD software
- Co-ordinate and/or undertake the selection and specification of furniture systems, fixtures and equipment
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching to convey design intent.
- Prepare and co-ordinates project schematic/conceptual designs
- Prepare required layouts, sketches and space plans required to convey design intent
- Prepare presentation boards and materials
- Participate in strategic planning; client programming and needs analysis phases
- Coordinates and/or undertake the preparation of required project documents, minutes, schedules and specifications, under direction * Coordinate document requirements with design team and corresponding plans and drawings
- May be required to prepare project contract, code or related legal documents, under direction
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews and direct outside contractors and vendors as required
- Coordinate and/or undertake site deficiency review and installation inspections.
- Present verbal and written communication in clear, concise and professional manner at all times
- Communicate and coordinate required design, project and firm information to both internal and external parties as required with project consultants, contractors and manufacturers
- Develop innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings. Other Responsibilities: * May assist in design presentations. * May assist more senior staff with keeping a phase of a project on schedule. * May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise. * May be responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- 2 – 4 years’ progressive experience in Interior Design – corporate, retail, commercial, health care, and/or hospitality interiors projects preferred.
- Completion of diploma or degree in Interior Design
- Demonstrated ability to undertake fundamentals of interior design in practice on relevant projects * Proficient in AutoCAD * Proficient in MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz. * Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup.
Attractive salary and benefits.
Please reply your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Please do not phone unless contacted.
Thank you in advance
Indeed - 11 months ago