For a century ATCO Pipelines, part of the ATCO Group of Companies, has played an integral role in transporting natural gas for the Alberta marketplace. ATCO Pipelines serves producers throughout the Western Canadian Sedimentary basin, as well as gas distribution companies and major industrial end users.
In the Planning group, we have overall responsibility for ensuring that the pipeline system is designed to meet customer requirements under all foreseeable conditions. We interface regularly with ATCO Gas and TransCanada to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient natural gas service on the Alberta System.
Primary focus will be on distribution service requests. This involves:
- Creation and maintenance of hydraulic models.
- Evaluation of pipeline system hydraulics.
- Project scope definition and preliminary estimating.
- Preparation of ATCO Pipelines’ supply and demand study.
- Writing of business cases.
- Technical support for regulatory proceedings.
- A university degree in engineering, preferably in chemical, civil, mechanical, or petroleum engineering.
- Membership in APEGA as an Engineer in Training.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate technical requirements and make decisions.
- Well organized with the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- A self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working in teams and / or independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computing skills.
- Related experience in the pipeline/natural gas industry.
- Understanding of pipeline hydraulics.
- Business courses and exposure to project economics.
- Presentation skills
Please apply online at www.atcocareers.com