ATCO Energy Solutions (AES) has an immediate employment opportunity for the following Empress-based position:
The Process Operator receives assignments as an Operator under supervision and continues development on operating procedures and process equipment. He/she utilizes technical knowledge and skill gained through previous experience and a Power Engineering Technology program. This position is based on a 12 hour rotational shift, 7 days per week coverage.
- Maintain close surveillance of all operating conditions to meet and maintain process conditions.
- Will ensure that all equipment, process area, buildings and perimeter are checked at regular and frequent intervals.
- Time will be split between operations and maintenance.
- Report with a work order and be prepared to discuss with the Senior Operator and maintenance any malfunctioning equipment or service requirements.
- Assist other Process Operators in starting up and/or shutting down various pieces of equipment in the process area.
- Be prepared to take immediate and decisive actions in emergencies, plant shutdowns, equipment failures, and plant process deviations.
- Ensure a high standard of safety by ensuring proper procedures are followed in relation to maintenance tasks, and ensuring equipment is properly prepared for maintenance.
- Follow operating procedures, job safety analysis’s and complete hazard assessments as required and make suggestions and/or improvements to the above.
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained on your shift at all times.
- Assist other personnel in troubleshooting by making recommendations that will improve and maintain plant efficiency, safety and operations.
- Share in the responsibility of driving, maintaining and cleaning the designated shift vehicle and that it is properly transferred from crew to crew.
- Continuous upgrade of knowledge by taking various courses and in house training relating to the job to enable him to relieve Process Operators in a safe, efficient manner and to qualify himself for further advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned the Plant Superintendent.
- Third or Fourth Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Minimum of two years progressively responsible related experience in a plant operations environment.
- Must be willing to work towards completing a Second Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Working knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Good communication and organizations skills, a high degree of flexibility and a good team player.
"Our mission is to be the partner of choice in the delivery of innovative and reliable asset-based midstream solutions in Canada."
Indeed - 2 years ago