ATCO Electric is a member of the ATCO Group of Companies - one of Canada's premier corporations. We are an Alberta, investor-owned utility delivering electric energy to customers throughout northern and east-central Alberta. In these resource rich areas of the province, electricity is an essential component of industrial development.
Albertans count on ATCO Electric for the safe, reliable delivery of electricity to their homes, farms, and businesses. ATCO Electric serves almost two-thirds of the province, delivering electric energy to petroleum and forestry companies, farms, towns and cities, First Nations and Métis Settlements.
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
LANDS AND SURVEYS, DISTRIBUTION ENGINEERING
FORT McMURRAY, AB
Under direct supervision of the Powerline Surveyor Team Lead, while observing company safe practices and procedures, Power line Surveyors survey and assist in the design of new and established power facilities.
- Set up and operate surveying instruments and equipment in accordance with acceptable surveying practices
- Cut brush for centerlines
- Prepare civil designs (pole class, pole height, and guying) and staking of distribution electrical facilities
- Perform calculations related to surveying theory and power line design
- Select appropriate power line structures in accordance with prepared designs
- Prepare field notes showing structures to be used according to construction manual
- Work as part of a survey crew to specify boundaries of crown and private easement applications
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Successful completion of a survey course from a recognized distance learning institution or a certificate in survey or civil technology from a recognized technical institution or proven equivalent experience in the area of powerline survey
- A minimum of two (2) years of direct experience in survey practices and the operation of survey tools/equipment
- Superior mechanical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A valid class 5 driver’s license in the province of Alberta
- Good health and physical condition
** Lesser qualifications may be considered for this position.
COMPETITION #O12/367EXT Closing Date: May 13, 2013
If you are interested in contributing within an ever changing environment where the delivery of power and complimentary services are essential to providing excellent value for our customers, please apply on line at www.atcocareers.com. Please quote the job title, competition number, location and indicate where you saw the ad for our reference purposes. It is important for applicants to provide a resume detailing the required qualifications stated above and other supporting career information.
To be eligible for hire, candidates will be required to complete a Security Clearance Check satisfactory to ATCO Electric.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position