AT&T
3,997 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed working here because of the atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 9, 2014
log in to our phones and take calls from customers regarding sales and technical issues
How to engage with customer even when they want to speak
Strong management team
Great team of people who helped encourage each other
sitting so long
accomplishing the call volume a day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 9, 2014
Pros: contineous training, great pay
I worked for 33 years in customer related groups. I enjoyed my work
Qualtiy customer service
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 9, 2014
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: long hours
Fast paced call center environment. Great growth opportunities, long hours .. even on weekends
Fun job for testing cell phones
Sr. Quality Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Bothell, WAApril 9, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
I contracted at AT&T for almost 3 1/2 years as a quality engineer. My days consisted of creating test cases from technical documents and executing test cases. I also sat in on call meetings with developers, project managers, other QE teams, and 3rd party vendors. Our job was to test the product at the specified AT&T certification level and then at the – more... end of the testing either mark the product as AT&T certified software or not. I enjoyed working with my team the most. – less
cultral diverese and deelply involved with the devlopment of agents
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 9, 2014
My day started with viewing/responding to emails, I prepared for daily/weekly meeting and new hire classes. The management team and the job culture was great, we all worked together to meet the clients needs. I enjoyed my job due to being able to train and develop agents and see their progress and growth.
great
sales rep (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 9, 2014
its very demanding but very fair. I look forward to this job. I defiantly recommend this job to outgoing ppl.
good company but...
Premises Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no schedule hours
AT&T take the time to trained you.
We do a lot of overtime.
the best and the worse part of the job is go to the customers houses. Sometimes we go to a house that we can not even see the floor under the mess.
Loved working at AT&T
Temp outside plant tech (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 8, 2014
I loved working at AT&T but it was a temp. job and it will be playing out>
communication
Administration/Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, flexible schedules, advancement opportunities
Cons: attendance policy was rough the first few years, until you got your own attitude set on what is "ill", and what is "i want to play"
I did many things while at this job - from answering phones in the call center, being promoted to be an administrative assistant, then being promoted to a 1st level manager.
Managers were fantastic. They went out of their way to see that you improved constantly, that you knew what was expected of you each day, week, month and year, and they assisted – more... you in meeting and exceeding you objectives.
The hardest part of my job was when I had to terminate employees.
The most enjoyable part was watching one of my employees get selected for one of the yearly awards and go on a trip with the Vice President of AT&T.

I was so sorry to see the company close their doors in 2005 and then watch as the leased the name out to a competitor. – less
Productive place to be
Customer Service Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Dallas TexasApril 8, 2014
Great employees and lots of opportunities to move around. Always new technology to learn.
It is interesting to work on Mobile technology based testing
Test Engineer- Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Schaumburg,ILApril 8, 2014
AT&T has given ownership in working on reports and test plan management and executing.
Have sharp delivery time for each devices.
both challenging and rewarding
District Manager, Business Customer Care (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good people, good opportunity for advancement
Cons: lots of downsizing, re-organizations occurred frequently
re-organization and downsizing became the order of the day (that was no fun)
I had the opportunity to advance from a technician to a District Manager over the 29 years I spent there
Good Enviroment
Sr. Communications Specialist (Former Employee), AlpharettaApril 8, 2014
Pros: great company, good benefits
Cons: not many
I really liked my job wtih AT&T. I was very sad when I was told that they were reducing some positions back in 2010.
took care of employees
Post Sales Clerical Support (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 8, 2014
Pros: rewards to encouragement for growth
Cons: lay off
team work, encouraged learning, support, filing, email, data entry, planning events, scanning, filing, scheduling meeting
I am an energetic person with 34+ years of experience in both corporate and retail business with strong communication and organizational skills.
Sr. Manager-Quality Assurance (Former Employee), St Louis MOApril 8, 2014
Through many years of training, personal growth and promotions, I have held a variety of jobs which ranged from customer service, administrative assistant, requirements analysis and ended my career performing software testing. I was responsible for writing requirements, requirement analysis, test planning, test case creation, estimation of projects, – more... metrics, and defect management on multiple applications. – less
professionalism and ethic
Technical Support Agent Tier (Former Employee), Mexico City ,MexicoApril 8, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: long hours
Superb customer services outstanding product.this company is a great company to work for my time here was awsome.a very good well organized and professional company.
Fast paced, fun, goal driven work environment
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: recognition
I loved going to work everyday! Not only were all of my co-workers amazing, memorable people to work with, but all of the customers as well! From troubleshooting an issue on a customers device to migrating a family over from not only their cell phone company, but also their cable and home security company as well it was always a new adventure and a – more... lot of fun! I also really enjoyed the fact that YOU created your salary! – less
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beverton ORApril 7, 2014
Inbound call center. Good environment and good people.
Flexible schedule and part time available.
Aggressive Sales Team
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pay, and training
Cons: awful work/life balance
Working for AT&T as as a sale person means working on the bottom level with little to no chance to move on. They have a workforce development structure in place for those looking to go back to college but the reality is that those working on the outskirts away from a central market are often overlooked. Most advancements come from highly competitive – more... districts. As a sales person the store will become your life as the pay will force you to work during the evenings and weekends. The balance between work and personal is awful. You will be a slave to retail.

This company pays extremely well but they have a high turn over rate. They subscribe to all LEAN and Six Sigma practices and strive to cut down on loss and improve optimization.

Working for a company this large leaves you with a feeling you are not important but that's just the nature of working with a company this large. Those in the industry looking to improve their own practices should look to AT&T as a model. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2014
I learned to deal with all types of individuals in person and over the phone.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more