AT&T
5,545 reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
AT&T
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Assist customers with billing questions, Take payments, Handle past due accounts, Assist customers with changing services, Selling AT&T products and services, Resolve complex customer issues, Build loyal customer relationships, Experience providing support in a busy call center environment
Great company
Network Telecommunication specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Good pay and benefits. I worked for 28 years. Many of those years wereositive. I enjoyed translations. I liked working in a union environment.
Fantastic company. Great culture. Very stable.
Associate Director - Risk Management (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
AT&T is a sought-after company by many job-seekers. The company is fair in their treatment of employees' pay, work load, and work/life balance. I thoroughly enjoy working for such a remarkable corporation.
Work at AT&T
CSR (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: can get loud some times
Typical Day: Receiving calls from customers looking for assistance.
I learned a few extra systems and layouts that other call centers may use. learned to become more versatile.
Management: very on point, prompt, and knowledgeable.
Coworkers: team supportive, and fun.
Hardest part of job: Transitioning calls to accomplish sales.
Enjoyable: Hearing the customer become more knowledgeable, and excited to be taken care of.
First real job held.
Senior Analyst - Risk Management (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Every day was different. Steep learning curve and working under pressure. Great people to work with.
Working for at&t was both challenging and rewarding
Manager/Associate (Former Employee), PittsburghJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers and excellent compensation/benefits
Cons: you need to be able to adapt to change quickly
Most days presented itself with a challenge which always added 'excitement' to a typical work day. Although I enjoyed the work itself, having the ability to help employees, regardless of their concern/issue, was very rewarding.
Professional workplace with the highest quality employees
Business Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: highly professional, opportunity for advancement
My time at AT&T was challenging and highly rewarding. I found management to be dedicated to raising the skill level of their employees through mentoring and training. The products were top notch and the environment was competitive, yet team focused. Achievement was rewarded and acknowledged.
I would not recommend to anyone.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Austin,TxJanuary 18, 2015
Did not like my experience at all. Would not work there again under any circumstance. Management has no clue about day to day operations.
Fun and exciting
Welcome Specialist (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Fun and exciting place to work. I am just contracted to the company but I love working here!
Loved the work
Telecommunications Field Technician (Current Employee), KentuckyJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the work and pay
Cons: long hours and drives
As a telecom field tech servicing whole states at a time, sometimes the driving was tough but I did enjoy the work I performed and I felt I was given all I needed to get it done correctly and intelligently.
Absolutely wonderful place to work
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Very thoughtful and kind work place. Nice management. An overall good company to work for.
Productive workplace with alot of potential for advancement
Clerk (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: alot of potential for advancement
Cons: never knew when your office may close
A lot of dealing with customer contact, internally as well as externally.You learn the how to handle customer calls, really fast..
Their are all kinds of mangers and management, its big business.
I was lucky and nearly always had great coworkers each department always has their few you wont get along with. The hardest part of the job was going in everyday and seeing what had happen since you were their last so many things could and did change in 24 hrs. what I enjoyed about my job was it was always changing you were never bored and always learning daily.
With A Good Customer On The Phone Day Goes Quick
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Mobile, AlJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: learn the pros & cons of the latest technology before spending money on it
Cons: customers always want something free
Overall the job was fun. The lack of a good management team was the reason for I wouldn't reccomend
AT&T Retention Customer Service Representative
Retention Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: om was rude. money was embezzled. some agents were incompetent.
It was a pretty stressful job. You never knew if you were going to get paid your bonus incentive. The customer service reps that I was working with had no idea what they were doing. I lost faith in the company towards the end... There was no reason to stay because I never got paid for what I sold. Managers were getting fired left and right. STREAM was eventually bought out by CONVERGY'S I loved my co-workers becasuse they were the ones who helped me get through it. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
Fun and a very nice worplace
Call Center (Former Employee), Davao City, P11January 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks
i learned of being independent and i learned many things in my co workers. Management is good and salaries are well given
Engaging
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Van Nuys , CAJanuary 16, 2015
Good Company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Had very little tolerance for attendance and tardies.
telecom specialist
Senior Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: learning new technplogy
Cons: union
You are always learning, no day is the same. You support management, engineering and customers. You can take all the responsibilities you want.
What it is Really Like to work in Retail for AT&T
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, education
Cons: management, hours, meetings, workload
This place is a great overall company to work for. (If your not going into retail). I have noticed in the store where I am working out of in Rockwall Texas has a horrible working environment.

We cant keep new hires past 2 months due to the overall aggressive coaching approaches managers. The best way I can describe it is, our store and assistant managers have lost the human element within the work environment. Meaning it does not matter if a customer is coming in for a quick transactions, broke or unemployed, having a heated issue there are a set of processes that one must follow during every transaction if you want to be a member of a retail corporate stores roster, and remain one. You may take 8 to 10 customers a day and every transaction must be perfect with no errors or there will be documentation of that error. After to many documentations there begins a number of discipline processes until dismissal of your employment. We MUST sell every solution to the customer tablet, phone, digital life, uverse, plan change, or insurance and accessories or it is a failed interaction. There's also a survey that you must be at 100% at or more documentation. After the customer has just spent an hour with you. Every customer must leave with more than what they came in with. That hits 15 metrics we must be all green in daily or that's reason for more coaching.

I have been with AT&T for a number of years, I am a top performer, I clear $5k before taxes every month, but it does not matter how successful you are, you are never good enough, you will also have someone standing behind your shoulder – more... with every customer to insure there are no errors in a transaction.

The micro management within the corporate AT&T stores or at least the one I work out of is not healthy for the individual who wants to be able to sale and be left allow. There will be meetings weekly, daily coaching sometimes after every customer on what could of been a better way to build value or sale to the customer. The store stays busy. I sometimes have to force breaks or lunches or you'll never be able to go.

One more thing new hires should know about is attendance points, you start at 0. When you reach 6 you will be let go. So every time you miss a day that is 1 point. It does not matter the issue, excused with doctors notes or family illness or car trouble. Also do not be late, being late 5 mins up to 14 mins gets you .25. With higher number for being late. This means being late to work, meetings and even back from breaks or lunches.

All of this started really last year in 2014 late 2013. Here I am updating my resume in 2015 after years of services. 1 year of new management has drove me away. It's sad for sure.

Good luck! – less
Hireing Process is extrememly Confusing and Unprofesssional.
Sales Associate. (Former Employee), BrookingsJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: cut throat management. poor hr department. corperate hiring people are liars.
I was sought after by AT&T. I currently had a great job and was content with where I was working. They laid out the red carpet and promised the moon and the stars. Be prepared to have your w2s to all of your jobs for the past 7 years. If you do not get them in time they will deny you the job even if they already offered it to you. I was offered the Job, given a start date, and continuously harassed on when I can start. Just for them to deny me after I left my job. The reason? A technical error on the background check, honest mistake, and one of my previous employers took too long to get my w2. All they had to say was sorry, we have a strict policy. Try again in 6 months. I am now unemployed. AT&T is NOT a employee friendly company. I was told my the manager that they fire people based off of a month my month bases. So even if you are great for 10 months if you have 2 or even just 1 bad month they will fire you because there are others in line. Go elsewhere. Verizon. T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular. Heck even Straight Talk.
Great company to work for did it for 32 years
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: many perks-free meals during storm season. many gift incentives.
Cons: not many. maybe choice of managment at times.
Loved working for AT&T, great benefits. Family friendly. Most of all great training you can use in your everyday life.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more