AT&T

AT&T Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Death
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: no true career development, emphasis on stock holder equity not employees
I have been employed at AT&T for almost 12 years. If you want a career here you had better hire on through one of the many Leadership development programs or you're likely not rise quickly or high through the ranks.
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 16, 2014
good work and sales experience. I had a great manager who helped me a lot.
Productive environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
Productive environment
Gained knowledge as LPM
Friendly co-workers
Time constraint and time line for projects is the hardest part
• Extracted data from different sources and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using SSIS ETL tool
SSIS/ETL Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
• Maintained all the SQL documents including installation and data conversion Procedure documents.
• Complex business requirements were transformed into ETL using a variety of transformations like Aggregate, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Union All, Merge Join, and Lookup.
• Conducted data migration processes in the SQL Server environment using SQL – more... Server Integration Services 2012.
• Created SQL Server Reports for Management using SSRS. Tasks included defining requirements, design, develop, test, implement and maintain reports using SSRS 2012.
• Developed several reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown reports, Summary reports and Master Detail reports.
• Wrote complex Stored Procedures, coding and triggers to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems.
• Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports.
• Experienced in implementation of strong referential integrity and auditing by the use of triggers.
• Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
• Deployed the SSIS Packages to the MSDB as well as File System based on the requirements.
• Designed ETL Packages with Microsoft SSIS 2012 to pull data from various sources like DB2, SQL Server, Flat Files and other systems to individual Data marts which ultimately go into Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Involved in the development of custom SQL, T-SQL, custom stored procedures, functions and triggers.
• Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSIS, SSRS Packages to run sequentially using SQLServerAgent job and windows Scheduler.
• Developed Cross-Tabbed and Sub-Reports in SSRS2008R2.
• Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports in the SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2.
• Used breaks, calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
• ETL process was documented for future references – less
NA
Home Solutions Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2014
Good company, benefits, culture
Management can be a little unreasonable at times
nice break area's
Sales Rep. and Quality Assurance (Former Employee), orlando floridaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: nice break room, vending machines onsite, multiple break rooms
Cons: workload employee value
-Sales Position
Place outbound calls and took inbound calls to and from customer's to sell books, magazines, and household items to customers. Gather the customer's credit card information and process payment, advised customer of all terms and conditions of the sale.
-Quality Position
Listen to inbound calls from sales reps with the customer review – more... and confirm that person followed the script and guidelines of the company. Gather reports of all calls reviewed and provide that information to management. – less
Great company to work for.
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 15, 2014
Learned a lot on the job. Great coworkers, some decent managers.
Telesales
Telesales (Former Employee), Birmingham, alJuly 15, 2014
A day at work consisted of speaking with various customers on the phone. Adding lines of service when appropriate and meeting sales goals for the company.
Proud of making a difference daily with internal and external contacts
Repair Representative (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: variety of work experience, challenges every day
Cons: time limits in caring for our at&t customers
I enjoyed playing an important role in my customers day upon each call received in this repair center.
Customer Care
Executive Education & Conf Center (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great location, opportunity for learning
Cons: lack of opportunity for promotions
Worked closely with planners to ensure their setup, food and beverage and any other needs are met during the conference. Communicated with multiple departments to ensure conference flow has smooth transition. Hardest part of the job is during the slow times keeping busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients during their event and – more... assisting them with anything they need. – less
na
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I loved it but need to pay more. its great for college student and single people
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas CityJuly 15, 2014
Processing calling card orders and residential services.
Great place to achieve a career
Assessment Center Manager (Marketing) - YP (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great employee benefits and perks
Cons: healthcare options reduced
I nearly 20 years of my experience with Bellsouth, then AT&T acquiring, I had the opportunity to cross train and occupy several roles during my career that keep me balanced and marketable. AT&T allows one to learn and live with a balanced work life as well. AT&T also has great perks and benefits they offer to all employees.
Att
Account Executive (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2014
One of the greatest places to work. I working with in one of their u-verse green centers. The Management team, is amazing and treats you like family. Co-works are from all walks of life, and some how with in AT&T we all melt together and create an amazing work environment. The Best part of my job was talking with customers from all over the united states – more... everyday, plus the impact you make in your daily work. – less
Can work from any AT&T location in it's 22 State footprint
Sales Management Support (Current Employee), South Bend, IN.July 15, 2014
Pros: work with minimal supervision.
Cons: only work 6 months of the year.
Contracted to work Gov/Ed vertical markets for eRate season as a Technical Sales Consultant. Responsible for responding to F470 requests in assigned States, with focus on Ethernet WAN and Internet solutions. Interact with customers to design, propose, and contract network solutions.
Ok place to work
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
it's what you make it. You can be really successful or go no where dependent on your attitude
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJuly 14, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
good company
Facility Assignment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great on the job training, competitive pay
Cons: little room for growth, quarterly surplus
AT&T is a good employer. I enjoy working at AT&T. This company is great with training and ensuring that their employees know their duties. The only downfall is that they have many surpluses. Job security is a big issue, I personally was surplused twice. I have vast knowledge of the telecommunications world , unfortunately there are no opportunities – more... for advancement. I learned to adapt as I take on new work, I do not find the job to be difficult, I am a quick learner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping engineers, technicians, and peers with resolving job issues and making sure the customer is provided with great service in a timely manner. – less
Fast paced Call Center
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 13, 2014
Worked in an inbound Call Center answering customer requests regarding AT&T branded products and services. I learned how to multitask in this job. Management & Co-workers became my extended family. The hardest part of the job was other departments being moved out of State. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting an irate customer & making them – more... very satisfied at the end of the call. – less
Great opportunities; great performance expected.
Associate Director, T University (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: total compensation.
Cons: work-life balance.
Great in terms of job security and development. Though ascending to higher levels of management can be a tricky process, opportunities exist. Proper work life balance is difficult to achieve.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more