AT&T
4,914 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competitive and fun loving environment
Software Web Developer Contractor (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: scrum meeting not so specific
Typical day at work:
- 9 to 5 pm job with flexibility to work from home in case of meeting tight deadlines.
- Onsite Gym to keep fit
- Meditation room to relax in case of excessive stress.

Learning:
- effective time management
- delivering quality products

Management:
- hesitant to accept changes

Coworkers:
- very enthusiastic to own their respective – more... piece of work
- helpful and always engaged in team benefit as priority

Hardest job:
- getting around with few employees due to their extreme busy schedule

Most enjoyable:
- on target with lots of fun with pool and table tennis games
- team lunch were exciting as well. – less
Great place to work for!
Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 23, 2014
A good job, with great room to grow and climb up the ladder. Management and upper management was great. Push you to the max to achieve goals. I learned a whole different side of customer service dealing with technology.
Workplace
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2014
A great place work, develop your knowledge, and stay on the cutting edge of technology
Productive workplace with lots of nice benefits.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: gifts for incentives
Cons: training
Great place to work. Lots of different people to learn and work with. especially, dealing with customers. the Coaches were helpful with any issues/problems. Hardest part of job was meeting some unreal deadlines. Enjoyed helping customers and co-workers as needed.
alright work environment, way too pushy, 0 Work Life Balance
Sales consultant (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts
Cons: having to grill every customer about every product
Its an alright place to work for
Pay is good
You feel like a slave the majority of the time.
Too pushy in my opinion.
Management is great except for the unrealistic quotas
Too focused on the sale could care less about customer service as long as the sale is made
i.e come in to pay a bill be prepared to be grilled about EVERY service available to you.

The – more... Hardest part of the job is being required to grill an elderly person coming in to pay a bill about every service available to them no matter how much they dont need it.

The most enjoyable part of it is the pay and benefits – less
Productive and very fun relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Sales Assoc (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: atmosphere and benefits
Cons: scheduels
A typical day was to come in start my system check mailbox for any incoming or newsletters review and proceed to taking the first incoming call to assist customers with the Phone/Internet and TV package. My coworkers were great to work with it was very much like a family. Management was not really there as they should have been but it was great. The – more... hardest part was trying to get people to upgrade there package to shoe the savings, the most enjoyable part was when they were satisfied with my service. – less
AWESOME place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay! great benefits
Cons: being tied to your desk.
Answer incoming calls regarding bills etc. Uo/cross sell other AT & T products. How to understand phone bills. How to overcome rejections. The management was great. Co-workers were fun. The hardest part was being tied to my desk. The most enjoyable was helping the customer and selling the products.
Great benefits and competitive salary
CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
Great support system in place. Everybody works well together as a team. Benefits are definitely a plus.
turnover too high
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 22, 2014
The companies goal is to turn over as many employees as possible, if the management attempted to train to save the job would be a bad job to retire from.
No Comment.
Human Asset & Learning Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Held many different positions. Great pay. Good benefits. Left in 1999...lots of changes in the communication industry...don't think the new AT&T is the same as the "old" AT&T.
Best company to work for.
Lead Requirement Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon VASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: i loved the job and the people
Cons: i had to leave due to management force reduction in 2002.
great company to work for.

great benefits

good co-workers

opportunity to learn and grow

worked in both VA and FL
Excellent company with great morale
Senior Consultant Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Great management & Great environment with great teamwork. Benefits are excellent
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2014
As Business Development Director with AT&T/NCR Technology Consulting division, I led its Strategic Staffing Program for the U.S. and Canada. Developed and managed this program to ensure the successful sale and delivery of contract staffing and consulting services by utilizing both internal consultants and strategic business partners. Responsible for – more... establishing partnership agreements allowing my organization to efficiently engage technical resources while increasing – less
Lots of paperwork but rewarding
Head Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kodiak, AKSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: able to work together in harmony
Cons: coming to work to find someone passed out in the store front.
I would open the store and get ready for the day. I would make the deposit from the night before and get the needed change for each till. I would educate myself with new phone functions and accessories. I was the head CSR and would often help other associates with billing and customer service issues that they had trouble with when trying to identify – more... problems with bills. I was meticulous at my job as I am with any job. I adapt well with a variety of setting and able to preform whatever is needed with no guidance. I loved working with all my co-workers it was like working with family. We all had a strong bond and work ethic. The hardest thing about my job was when the computer would glitch and a feature wasn't added to the customers account that was suppose to be added and the following month when they came in wondering why their bill was so high. I had to figure it out. It wasn't hard figuring it out, I felt bad that it happened in the first place. I loved working with such great people who I am still in contact with even over the years and miles. – less
good environment where we learn and grow
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 20, 2014
Cons: health care
Good experience in AT&T. Definitely learned a lot. Good friendly environment.
Has much earning potential
Phone Service/Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: helping customers get the best value for home services
Cons: no comment
Management is there to help you succeed. Learned about how call centers work. Enjoyed my managers and coworkers as people. Most enjoyable helping customers lower their bills. Hardest part of job fulfilling all of the jobs goals to 200%
I had 3 main jobs during my career at AT&T. LD operstor, Service Rep and OSP engineer
Outside Plant Engineer, Service Rep, LD Operator (Former Employee), Columbus OhioSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: sometimes people who did not deserve to keep their job .were able to
A typical day at work during ATT as a service rep was to talk to customers 8 hours a day, work on their accounts, place orders for different services on their home accounts. I discussed their telephone bills with them, while staying profession. I needed to be a good listener because they all had stories to tell me.
AS an OSP engineer, I created " construction – more... blueprints" for outside splicers and contractors . I drove a company vehicle for the 11 years I was an engineer because I had to go out to the field to take field notes in order to draw up my blue prints for telephone cable, terminals, manholes etc. I went back to the office when my field work was complete and started my drawings. Sometimes 1 construction would take as many as 3-4 weeks to complete the blueprints, sometimes only 2-3 days, depending on the type of job it is. The engineers in my office and I were pretty much self managed with our time and work..
I was with ATT for 35 years and I really enjoyed the company. Then our dept started to diminish, less work was being sent to us, because more outside contractors were getting our work. Many of us were offered a package to leave so many of us did.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we were mostly self managed and we had to be self disciplined and reliable. Also driving a company car was also a big responsibility, but all of us were mature enough and responsible enough to be fine with it.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure your blueprint job was drafted and complete by the deadline that each job had. If your time was managed well, then there was no problem in meeting that deadline. – less
Great company to work for with lots of opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 19, 2014
AT&T has been a great place to work and grow. AT&T believes in development of their employees and their personal growth.
like family
Senior Help Desk Analyst & Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJSeptember 18, 2014
productive and fun workplace. awesome place to work.
the people are awesome.

break/fix,install software and hard ware. install apps and network printer. work with xp win7 and win8
Was able to learn a lot of new thing
Operations Support Rep (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benifets, good pay
Cons: downsizing
I had a routine everyday of what I was suppose to do. I did the deposit, paper work, checked in shipment, proceeded returns, stocked the inventory, customer service, data entry, filing. There really wasn't any hard part to my job, I loved it. I worked with the best co workers. We were like family.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more