AT&T Employee Reviews

meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 17, 2012
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Pros
a/c available, full time available
Cons
no part time available, repetitive work.
Well they did go under
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2012
Lots of fun until they spent all the $5.1B and couldn't pay it back
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 24, 2012
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours, great breaks
Cons
short shifts if you werent needed
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project.
A nice company to work for
Sr. Network Engineer III (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 13, 2012
I enjoyed the overall working experience. There is freedom of choice and team spirit. Room to grow for both management and non-management track
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 6, 2012
Great place to work, learned a lot of things from professional and personal aspect. Very good work environment and great team to work with.
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chaguanas, Trinidad West IndiesAugust 25, 2012
A typical day would be meetings with employees, then my staff, managers meetings, third party. Lots of phone calls for query, guidelines, benefits etc.

I especially love when we have New Employee Orientation which gives us a chance to boast of what a wonderful work place and company DIRECTV is.

I loved the constant interaction with our regional offices and head quarters as we must be updated regularly and I had enjoyed the travel within the caribbean as Trinidad is the headquarters.

Salary and compensation is great and HR staff is very understanding. Senior Mangers were always willing to listen to what HR had to say.

Loved it.
Pros
interaction with the regional offices and travel
Cons
i cannot think of any, seriously
2nd most favourite company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2012
I held many positions with MetroNet/AT&T, as each one would eventually get centralized in our Toronoto office.
-NOC: monitor customer network for reliability, usage spikes, change security tapes, created Operational Procedures manual. Programmed routers.
-create and manage the Problem/Change Management system for install activity.
-created and manage the Provisioning Coordination role, documented the procedures and processes, and later trained the team in Toronto that would perform the role in future.
-NOC Manager was empowering and supportive.
-this was a tight team and everyone had their area of expertise, and worked closely on resolving issues.
-CARRIER SERVICES: managed sales orders and quotes, worked closely with engineers on network technical requirements that would support the customer's connection and equipment.
-worked closely with Telco carriers to ensure we had clean orders that supported the delivery schedule contracted to our customers.
-worked with 3rd party vendors/suppliers on specific technical requirements that we needed to support on our network.
-worked closely with Project team for large customer installations.
-CUSTOMER CARE: documented existing processes and re-engineered them to improve the process and customer satisfaction. Worked closely with iternal Training team on the documentation.
-Managed the project to install Customer Care Database across 4 Care Centres. Worked closely with IT Department on technical stability issues for the database.
-Coordinated process discovery sessions with all cross-functional departments that interfaced directly with
  more... the Care Centre.
-Care Centre had a strong management team, supportive and deeply in touch with the business and industry.
-the team was diverse, focused and great communictors.
-the hardest part of the job was letting it go, as the Care Center was being closed in Calgary and moved to Toronto.
-I enjoyed working with all the departments that touched or supported our customer base.
Pros
lots of opportunity to advance and create new positions to support the business
Cons
having each position moved to toronto
High stress low wages
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 20, 2012
Would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!

Too stressful at poor wages
Pros
lots of free parties
Cons
too stressful and no time in between calls
Productive Workplace
Network Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2012
Supporting multiple clients with their network problems and change requests is a typical day at work.

I have learned supporting CISCO routers, switches and loadbalancers which played the biggest part of being a network support in the team.

I had a good relationship with my co-workers and other support in different departments. My co-workers were always willing to train and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is when a specific problem does not get resolved quickly and ran for few days.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the biggest problem gets resolved and also when a big project has been completed successfully.
Environnement de travail dynamique
représentantes des vente sur la route résidentiel (Former Employee) –  Montreal et environSeptember 7, 2015
Le travail consistait à promouvoir les services de télécommunication résidentiel d'interrurbain de travailler à faire de la promotion résidentiel sur la route de rencontrer les normes de la compagnie à solicité 70 à 100 porte par jours. Il y avait beaucoup d'opportunité d'avancement. J,ai été moi-même promu à l'assssistance gérant et j'ai monter une équipe de 20 représentants et j'ai atteint un chiffre d'affaire de 4000$ par semaine. L'aspect le plus difficile était que l'ont travaillait de 50 à 60 heures par semaine et que l'on avais peu de temps à consacrer pour loisir ou la famille. C'est une excellente expérience de travail d'équipe et de satisfaction d'un travail bien rendu.
Pros
esprit d.équipe trs forte
Cons
Pas de temps pour la famille
Soyons ouvert aux changements...
Coordonnateur spécialiste de projets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 24, 2015
Soyons ouvert aux changements...
pour plus de profits? (utile)
ou quête de pouvoir? (inutile)

Les 6 premières années c'était en symbiose avec mes valeurs
et on se réalise parfaitement dans ce genre de contexte.
On est très efficace, rentable et heureux.
On reçoit un appel de client interne ou externe, on répond rapidement on tient à jour la base de donnée.
S'il nous manque des infos, on cédule un rappel, on vérifie avec les fournisseurs, les autres départements avec les pièces, les systèmes réseaux et on tient le client à jour pour sa mise en service DATA que se soit un client de bande passante dédié ou commuté.

On suit le processus tout au long et on s'assure de la satisfaction du client et donc sa fidélisation.

Après le changement de Président et du reste de la haute direction ainsi que le nom et la culture de l'entreprise,
là tout a changé au point qu'il n'y avait plus aucune place au développement et tout devenait imposé que l'on soit spécialiste ou non. Quand tout est imposé, le travail de recherche que j'aimais tant devenait très clérical et ensuite des restructurations et mise-à-pieds massives sont venues comme dans bien d'autres compagnies.
Pros
salaire
Cons
plus aucune liberté sur les méthodes de travail
sur la route
Technicien de service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCMarch 13, 2013
travailler sur la route pour reparer les systemes defectueux
Pros
voyager
Cons
pas d'anantages sociaux