AT&T

AT&T Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bedminster, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility when needed
Cons: many changes over the years movement not as accessible.
Very diverse work environment, work schedule flexible to meet personal needs.
Awesome Company
DISTRICT STAFF CLERK (Former Employee), CAJanuary 21, 2015
Very good place to work and grow in your career. I enjoyed my 30 years at the company.
good start for someone in 20's or 30's
Premise Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
you know when your day starts but never know when it may end. You don't get to leave until they release you. Not a real positive place. Continually reminded about what can get you fired.
AT&T Sales Representative
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego Ca.January 21, 2015
Pros: livable wage and benefits
Cons: mangements unrealistic expectations of sales and service within time allotted
In an AT&T's call center culture one must forage through multiple tasking in databases, oral communication and product knowledge. This constant changing, diverse field of telecommunications brings an extreme competitive culture that challenges even the brightest and adept individual. Attention to schedule, time on calls and sales is the most challenging balance. The hardest part is applying sales and customer satisfaction goals in unrealistic allotted time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team environment, learning new systems, and cutting edge products while receiving quality compensation and benefits.
Outtstanding
Lead IT Program Manager - LAN\WAN Transformation (Current Employee), Richardson, TexasJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: more opportunity
This was a great experience, and I am very thankful for the opportunity.
worked on various Telephone systems and voice mail sytems
Telecom Tech (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: was able to do my job with out some one looking over my shoulder
Cons: would have liked to been able to work at more locations
Very good place to work
was an on site Tech most of my time at AT&T
installation tech
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: no direct supervison, go at own pace
Cons: working in extreme weather
A typical work day started with a moringing meeting, after that we got in the work trucks and dispatched on jobs. We did installtions of internet, land line phone/VoIP and television. Also the repair of the service. So the jobs that was sent was random they could be a repair or an install. The jobs on a daily would end when all the jobs in the pool are cleared.
Solid job where you need to sell the experience of wireless, instead of just phones.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 401k, health insurance, long breaks, commission
Cons: sales goals
A typical day includes greeting customers and controlling the sale. Find the customer's needs and make sure you meet those needs. However, you also need to sell more than just phones. Sell the accessories, insurance, television, home security.

I've learned to deal with customers and handle their experiences and needs.

The co-workers usually work with you to help make sales and want you to do well.

The hardest part of the job is making goals every month.
Nice people and team work.
Statistician (Former Employee), Middletown, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Currently AT&T is and becoming a very good high tech and service company. Because mobility internet is a great technique evolution. AT&T can combine home phone, internet, smart wireless phone and TV as bundle service to compete with any telephone or cable company by sending signal to their territory. There are great opportunity to do marketing models.

But these works need to be well organized within certain period.
I hate this place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: everything
I've read some reviews of this horrible place, and the ones that are all positive and great must be put up by some AT&T higher ups because no one I know who is not a manager absolutely hates it there. Heck, my manager hates it there. I never know what's going to be allowed or not allowed. Keeping your metrics right really interferes with helping the customer. I literally hung up on customers to keep my Average Handle Time low and it worked! My manager has told me to get customers off the phone if they've been on the phone for more than 10 minutes and tell them I'm doing research. Really, I'm either taking another call or taking a break. The head boss out there needs some toilet paper because he is full of it. My coworkers and I dream of quitting when we take our smoke breaks. And they look for any reason to fire you. Once you get disciplined once it's game over, because they'll look back in your records from a month ago before you even knew something wasn't allowed or something you agreed to fix before it was originally brought up. For example, I missed a call back because the callback tracker didn't remind me and I got a wrote up for it. The next week I they found out I missed a callback from a month prior and I got suspended for that. I hate this place and that's still not even the half of it. If you are desperate for work and are willing to be treated like less of a person then this might be the place for you. Otherwise avoid at all cost because it will be the worst experience of your life.
very fast paced and fun to work to do
sales representative (Former Employee), Jennings, LAJanuary 21, 2015
I posted payments for customers. assisted them with all cellular questions and problems. I did insurance claims for lost or stolen phones. I solicited sales for the office.
very fast paced and fun to work to do
Good Benefits
Good Compensation
Good Insurance
Provided Work Uniforms
Very Strict and by the Book (Black and White, No Gray Areas)
Up beat work enviroment
Bilingual Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: trophies
Cons: healthcare
Selling to customer taking incoming calls all day for new service and bill explanation.
I learned excellence in customer service . Took weekly trainings for it. I enjoy talking to customer from different states. Very strict work environment. So far the most excellent job I've had providing great sales and customer service.
Amazing place to work!
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hixson, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Love the job as long as you have a management team that wants you to succeed you will be well taken care of!
great pay and benefits, beauracratic old fashioned management
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), californiaJanuary 20, 2015
was good , but company is too large for its own good
pay is phenomenal but little offered in work life balance, union supports you but no advancement
Productive and exposure to learning something new daily.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: daily challenges, five minute commute, good team environment
Cons: temporary work experience
My daily routine consisted of auditing and analyzing business contracts.

I increased my computer skills by using multiple features in Excel ( V look up & Access). In addition, I learned how to use the company's system Execu Star.

Management provided a pleasant work environment, and allowed me to develop new skills.

I worked with a great team. My co-workers were very knowledgeable, and they were open to share information that helped build a successful team.

The most difficult part of the job was limited resources.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Excellent Compensation
AT&T TELECOMMUNICATIONS (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJanuary 20, 2015
AT&T is a great company to work for. The pay is excellent! The union bargains wage increases and other workers rights every four years. Our health benefits are very good, especially if you've got a family. At least 2 weeks vacation every year, along with personal days, flex holidays, etc, all paid. The sales quotas are tough and management can be as well.
Supported employee development
Telephone Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Tested and repaired Outside Plant for Internet Protocol TV.
Very Productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Very hard working person. Looked at CCTV's and various other duties. Been in management for 16 years and would like to find management job. Very fun job to have and would like to find something that is just a productive.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more