AT&T Employee Reviews

Technical support staff
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta30 August 2013
We handled various calls from the U.S and Canada regarding their cell phone plans, billing, and troubleshooting.

I took high volume calls, customer complaints, and trobleshooting a variety of cell phone problems.

I also handled bill collecting, new customers, and upgrading existing cell phone plans and phones.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
work was far away
Very busy company with a lot deadlines/cutoffs and a lot of opportunities
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ont. Canada11 November 2013
AT&T Tell. Was growing and learning arena for me I started working as teenage, handled various positions and any accounting area for 14 years long.
Excellent Job
Work Order Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 October 2013
I was a temporary employee here through Manpower. I loved my position here at AT&T, but the closed the Barrie location, and I was not able to commute to Toronto for work.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
The company moved to Toronto.
Loved working for this company (now known as Allstream)
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2013
Started with CNCP in 1988 and worked in many capacities until I was downsized in 2001:(. Would still be working there if I had the opportunity!
Pros
Great pay, great people, learned lots!
Cons
Not there anymore.
2nd most favourite company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2012
I held many positions with MetroNet/AT&T, as each one would eventually get centralized in our Toronoto office.
-NOC: monitor customer network for reliability, usage spikes, change security tapes, created Operational Procedures manual. Programmed routers.
-create and manage the Problem/Change Management system for install activity.
-created and manage the Provisioning Coordination role, documented the procedures and processes, and later trained the team in Toronto that would perform the role in future.
-NOC Manager was empowering and supportive.
-this was a tight team and everyone had their area of expertise, and worked closely on resolving issues.
-CARRIER SERVICES: managed sales orders and quotes, worked closely with engineers on network technical requirements that would support the customer's connection and equipment.
-worked closely with Telco carriers to ensure we had clean orders that supported the delivery schedule contracted to our customers.
-worked with 3rd party vendors/suppliers on specific technical requirements that we needed to support on our network.
-worked closely with Project team for large customer installations.
-CUSTOMER CARE: documented existing processes and re-engineered them to improve the process and customer satisfaction. Worked closely with iternal Training team on the documentation.
-Managed the project to install Customer Care Database across 4 Care Centres. Worked closely with IT Department on technical stability issues for the database.
-Coordinated process discovery sessions with all cross-functional departments that interfaced directly with
  more... the Care Centre.
-Care Centre had a strong management team, supportive and deeply in touch with the business and industry.
-the team was diverse, focused and great communictors.
-the hardest part of the job was letting it go, as the Care Center was being closed in Calgary and moved to Toronto.
-I enjoyed working with all the departments that touched or supported our customer base.
Pros
lots of opportunity to advance and create new positions to support the business
Cons
having each position moved to toronto
Working here was a great experience
Data Entry / Administration (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2014
The people I worked with were all fantastic and always willing to help you out when you weren't sure how to do something. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry.
Division no longer imn existence
Adjointe au président (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC25 February 2015
I was supporting the President and learned a lot about HR in that role. Due to a reorganization, the Quebec division was eliminated.
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 September 2012
Great place to work, learned a lot of things from professional and personal aspect. Very good work environment and great team to work with.
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2014
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Pros
Work from home
High stress low wages
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON20 April 2012
Would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!

Too stressful at poor wages
Pros
lots of free parties
Cons
too stressful and no time in between calls
typical call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 May 2014
automatic dailer
customer service job
boring job
revolving door of employees coming and going
Pros
nice training
Cons
typical call center - not that great
Customer Service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2014
Answering Telephone, taking notes about the call (customer service)
Working with co-workers. Great environment.
Well they did go under
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2012
Lots of fun until they spent all the $5.1B and couldn't pay it back
Environnement de travail dynamique
représentantes des vente sur la route résidentiel (Former Employee) –  Montreal et environ7 September 2015
Le travail consistait à promouvoir les services de télécommunication résidentiel d'interrurbain de travailler à faire de la promotion résidentiel sur la route de rencontrer les normes de la compagnie à solicité 70 à 100 porte par jours. Il y avait beaucoup d'opportunité d'avancement. J,ai été moi-même promu à l'assssistance gérant et j'ai monter une équipe de 20 représentants et j'ai atteint un chiffre d'affaire de 4000$ par semaine. L'aspect le plus difficile était que l'ont travaillait de 50 à 60 heures par semaine et que l'on avais peu de temps à consacrer pour loisir ou la famille. C'est une excellente expérience de travail d'équipe et de satisfaction d'un travail bien rendu.
Pros
esprit d.équipe trs forte
Cons
Pas de temps pour la famille
Soyons ouvert aux changements...
Coordonnateur spécialiste de projets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 April 2015
Soyons ouvert aux changements...
pour plus de profits? (utile)
ou quête de pouvoir? (inutile)

Les 6 premières années c'était en symbiose avec mes valeurs
et on se réalise parfaitement dans ce genre de contexte.
On est très efficace, rentable et heureux.
On reçoit un appel de client interne ou externe, on répond rapidement on tient à jour la base de donnée.
S'il nous manque des infos, on cédule un rappel, on vérifie avec les fournisseurs, les autres départements avec les pièces, les systèmes réseaux et on tient le client à jour pour sa mise en service DATA que se soit un client de bande passante dédié ou commuté.

On suit le processus tout au long et on s'assure de la satisfaction du client et donc sa fidélisation.

Après le changement de Président et du reste de la haute direction ainsi que le nom et la culture de l'entreprise,
là tout a changé au point qu'il n'y avait plus aucune place au développement et tout devenait imposé que l'on soit spécialiste ou non. Quand tout est imposé, le travail de recherche que j'aimais tant devenait très clérical et ensuite des restructurations et mise-à-pieds massives sont venues comme dans bien d'autres compagnies.
Pros
salaire
Cons
plus aucune liberté sur les méthodes de travail
sur la route
Technicien de service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC13 March 2013
travailler sur la route pour reparer les systemes defectueux
Pros
voyager
Cons
pas d'anantages sociaux