AT&T Employee Reviews

Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI18 September 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project.
Good place to work in
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2013
AT&T has a busy environment as the expectation of their clients usually is higher than average. Good management to a certain extend as you lose visibility when it comes to higher management which could lead to bad decision. Great team work with the co-worker being one family.
Pros
very strong experience managing the latest technology in an environment with a very high expectation
Cons
higher managment has low visiblity on their team leading to bad decision
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia7 June 2013
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
Pros
liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons
I felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
Productive Workplace
Network Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2012
Supporting multiple clients with their network problems and change requests is a typical day at work.

I have learned supporting CISCO routers, switches and loadbalancers which played the biggest part of being a network support in the team.

I had a good relationship with my co-workers and other support in different departments. My co-workers were always willing to train and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is when a specific problem does not get resolved quickly and ran for few days.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the biggest problem gets resolved and also when a big project has been completed successfully.
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chaguanas, Trinidad West Indies25 August 2012
A typical day would be meetings with employees, then my staff, managers meetings, third party. Lots of phone calls for query, guidelines, benefits etc.

I especially love when we have New Employee Orientation which gives us a chance to boast of what a wonderful work place and company DIRECTV is.

I loved the constant interaction with our regional offices and head quarters as we must be updated regularly and I had enjoyed the travel within the caribbean as Trinidad is the headquarters.

Salary and compensation is great and HR staff is very understanding. Senior Mangers were always willing to listen to what HR had to say.

Loved it.
Pros
interaction with the regional offices and travel
Cons
i cannot think of any, seriously
Professional work environment.
NETWORK ANALYST / TIER 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2013
Unlike many people this is something I love doing. I learned networking and its wide areas and earned the professional experience which made me manage my personal and work both lives. My co-workers were very cooperative , understanding and patient. The hardest part of the job was the beginning as it's a complex and large scale company, getting used to it took couple of months, apart from that, everyday is a challenge here which is worth accepting. The best part about working here is the large and complex working environment, with thousands of devices to manage and new technologies being installed in the existing enviroment its become more diverse and I get to know what exactly is out there and up to mark and current.
Pros
Large environment, more to learn
Technical support staff
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta30 August 2013
We handled various calls from the U.S and Canada regarding their cell phone plans, billing, and troubleshooting.

I took high volume calls, customer complaints, and trobleshooting a variety of cell phone problems.

I also handled bill collecting, new customers, and upgrading existing cell phone plans and phones.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
work was far away
meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 November 2012
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Pros
a/c available, full time available
Cons
no part time available, repetitive work.
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2012
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours, great breaks
Cons
short shifts if you werent needed
Good company to work at.
Billing Business Analyst - Latin America Region (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 June 2015
Professional environment, with a diverse work force. Provides good benefits and salaries are good. In Canada, advancement is somewhat limited.
Friendly environment
Managed Router Services Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Košice, SK12 April 2015
Shift work is flexible.
Cisco and Juniper devices available for further education in a lab.
Management always willing to hear your comments.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
unexpected heavy workload
A great company !!! Real team work.
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga16 January 2013
Flexible management, high energy and a successful team. Every manager was approachable even the President/General Manager was available within reason. Wonderful culture of success.
Pros
earnings
Cons
nothing much really ... hard to match culture thanks to gm.
Loved working for this company (now known as Allstream)
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2013
Started with CNCP in 1988 and worked in many capacities until I was downsized in 2001:(. Would still be working there if I had the opportunity!
Pros
Great pay, great people, learned lots!
Cons
Not there anymore.
Excellent Job
Work Order Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 October 2013
I was a temporary employee here through Manpower. I loved my position here at AT&T, but the closed the Barrie location, and I was not able to commute to Toronto for work.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
The company moved to Toronto.
Excellent benefits and remuneration
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
A great company to work for but restructuring is a predominant factor when working there. My position was eliminated but received a very generous settlement package.
Very busy company with a lot deadlines/cutoffs and a lot of opportunities
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ont. Canada11 November 2013
AT&T Tell. Was growing and learning arena for me I started working as teenage, handled various positions and any accounting area for 14 years long.
Working here was a great experience
Data Entry / Administration (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2014
The people I worked with were all fantastic and always willing to help you out when you weren't sure how to do something. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry.
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2014
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Pros
Work from home
Division no longer imn existence
Adjointe au président (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC25 February 2015
I was supporting the President and learned a lot about HR in that role. Due to a reorganization, the Quebec division was eliminated.
young attitude place, good team atmosphere
communications technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 May 2014
Increasing stress due to staff reductions.some senior management decisions were real blunders.
Pros
BBQ pizza potluck days
Cons
night shift, layoff waves