AT&T
4,908 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Pay and benefits,stressful environment at times
CSR-Wholesale Business (Former Employee), Orange County, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: tracking and micro-management
Co-workers and management were great, but we all were under a lot of pressue which nade work difficult at times.
Call center with a small gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, VASeptember 26, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with billing and issues with cell phones. I learned different things about cell phones and all that makes them work. Management was understanding and helpful. Coworkers were helpful some more so then others. The hardest part not knowing every issue customers may have and have to transfer them for – more... further assistance. The most enjoyable learning new things each day. – less
Not busy enough
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Athens, TNSeptember 26, 2014
This job does not have a lot of opportunity to make a lot of commission.
Diverse, result driven, large corporation with great benefits
Communication Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Typical work day consist of installation of new service orders in the central office. Resolved service interruptions in a timely manner by prioritizing the daily workload. Worked alone for the majority of the time as a result of automation and new technology convergence. Requires extensive troubleshooting at times but overall very enjoyable if you like – more... to stay busy. – less
Competitive working
Tier I Sales Support Rep. - Retail (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Not the easiest work I've come across but it was challenging and I love a challenge.
Sales Quotas
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denham Springs, LASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great benifits great pay good team of co workers well some of them were the rest was cut throat
Cons: working with a customer that someone else sold something to
It was great i think the hardest part of my job was u verse selling that because so many people was so comfortable with cox or direct tv. so had to come up with ways on why u verse was better then whom ever there provider was when we had higher prices then our counter parts.
It was a pretty good environment
Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
AT&T was a place that taught me different things. I believe that the management needs to be worked on along with some of the policies for workers. Other than that the company does provide a good atmosphere where employees can grow.
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILSeptember 25, 2014
incharge of the schedule and hiring and training of all employees
Great company. If you work hard you will see the results!
Retails Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: compensation, hours, trainings, free devices
Cons: lack of promotional opportunities
I loved working for AT&T. It was an innovative and productive work environment. The hours could get long but the compensations was worth it. The only thing is that with such a large company it can take time to move up.
Excellent place to start your career after graduating
Business Unit Project Manager (Former Employee), BratislavaSeptember 24, 2014
This job provided me great work experience especially when it comes down to customer service.
It was excellent place for work, lots of fun but strict and professional.
Good Company
Sales Operations Manager - Mobility (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: working to cultivate their first and second line managers, they compensate their employees very well, they have many happy employees
Cons: east coast locations have no public transporation, options are limited vo opportunities(nyc exception), some organizations will not hire outside of their group, all learning is done on line, can not advance in the company if you are not willing to live in dallas or atlanta
AT&T is a good company to have a career if you are career driven. You have to be willing to live in two places Dallas or Atlanta if you live in any other location you are limited in terms of advancement. If you are a worker bee you can still survive. The biggest issue I have is that if you did not drive or did not have a car AT&T does not have locations – more... on the east coast that are near any public transportation with the exception of NYC and there is no way to get to work but car and that puts many employees at a disadvantage.

I enjoyed working at the company and when I had leaders that cared about their people I wanted to work harder and do more.

The company itself is working on building their first and second line managers. Cultivating them and encouraging them to think out of the box. They need to be more cohesive in thought in regards to organizations and segments. For example if you only hire people from your organization then in my opinion you limited your growth.

All in all I am grateful for my time at AT&T. I learned many skills from coworkers and other managers good and bad. I wish it would go back to its family culture before the SBC merger but that is no longer the culture in Corporate America as a whole. – less
Productive and Exciting Place to work
Sales & Operations Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Business Development, Management Consulting, Operations Mgmt.
Daily phone sales calls and follow ups to ensure retained client base, while generating new sales leads and developing large business accounts.
Assist in operational management of 10 locations and provide enthusiastic leadership and excellence in customer service.
Performed business plans – more... development, marketing campaigns, forecasting sales, data analysis, budgeting, and cost controls, and also prepared cost estimates.
Excellent Sales and Marketing skills with proven experience in competitive markets thru implementation of successful marketing strategies. – less
Good training, good products, good name recognition
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: people i got to know
Cons: difficult time period to work there, breakup of bell system caused much confusion and poor morale, management was confused.
Work environment was uncomfortable, not much cooperation among staff and mangement. Difficult time period due to breakup of Bell system, changing goals and objectives.
Customer Service and Sales Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: low cost on health insurance
Cons: regular schedule and vacation scheduling
A typical day at work would be eight hours of non stop customer service and sales inbound calls. I enjoyed meeting people from all over the United States, east, west and midwest customers of all walks of life. The hardest part of the job was just convincing my customers to buy our products. I enjoyed my co workers who along with myself were devoted – more... to AT&T and to their families.I really have enjoyed working here to gain knowledge and experience to advance my career. I thank AT&T for giving me the experience and opportunities that I've had since I started. – less
Competitive and fun loving environment
Software Web Developer Contractor (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: scrum meeting not so specific
Typical day at work:
- 9 to 5 pm job with flexibility to work from home in case of meeting tight deadlines.
- Onsite Gym to keep fit
- Meditation room to relax in case of excessive stress.

Learning:
- effective time management
- delivering quality products

Management:
- hesitant to accept changes

Coworkers:
- very enthusiastic to own their respective – more... piece of work
- helpful and always engaged in team benefit as priority

Hardest job:
- getting around with few employees due to their extreme busy schedule

Most enjoyable:
- on target with lots of fun with pool and table tennis games
- team lunch were exciting as well. – less
Great place to work for!
Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 23, 2014
A good job, with great room to grow and climb up the ladder. Management and upper management was great. Push you to the max to achieve goals. I learned a whole different side of customer service dealing with technology.
Workplace
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2014
A great place work, develop your knowledge, and stay on the cutting edge of technology
Productive workplace with lots of nice benefits.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: gifts for incentives
Cons: training
Great place to work. Lots of different people to learn and work with. especially, dealing with customers. the Coaches were helpful with any issues/problems. Hardest part of job was meeting some unreal deadlines. Enjoyed helping customers and co-workers as needed.
alright work environment, way too pushy, 0 Work Life Balance
Sales consultant (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts
Cons: having to grill every customer about every product
Its an alright place to work for
Pay is good
You feel like a slave the majority of the time.
Too pushy in my opinion.
Management is great except for the unrealistic quotas
Too focused on the sale could care less about customer service as long as the sale is made
i.e come in to pay a bill be prepared to be grilled about EVERY service available to you.

The – more... Hardest part of the job is being required to grill an elderly person coming in to pay a bill about every service available to them no matter how much they dont need it.

The most enjoyable part of it is the pay and benefits – less
Productive and very fun relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Sales Assoc (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: atmosphere and benefits
Cons: scheduels
A typical day was to come in start my system check mailbox for any incoming or newsletters review and proceed to taking the first incoming call to assist customers with the Phone/Internet and TV package. My coworkers were great to work with it was very much like a family. Management was not really there as they should have been but it was great. The – more... hardest part was trying to get people to upgrade there package to shoe the savings, the most enjoyable part was when they were satisfied with my service. – less

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more