AT&T Employee Reviews in Canada

meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 17, 2012
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Pros
a/c available, full time available
Cons
no part time available, repetitive work.
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales.
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
no room to advance - too much bureaucracy
Productive Workplace
Network Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2012
Supporting multiple clients with their network problems and change requests is a typical day at work.

I have learned supporting CISCO routers, switches and loadbalancers which played the biggest part of being a network support in the team.

I had a good relationship with my co-workers and other support in different departments. My co-workers were always willing to train and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is when a specific problem does not get resolved quickly and ran for few days.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the biggest problem gets resolved and also when a big project has been completed successfully.
A nice company to work for
Sr. Network Engineer III (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 13, 2012
I enjoyed the overall working experience. There is freedom of choice and team spirit. Room to grow for both management and non-management track
young attitude place, good team atmosphere
communications technician (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 24, 2014
Increasing stress due to staff reductions.some senior management decisions were real blunders.
Pros
bbq pizza potluck days
Cons
night shift, layoff waves
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 7, 2013
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
Pros
liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons
i felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
customer service skills
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  windsor ontarioDecember 22, 2013
learned great customer service skills,
but definitely couldn't do it for a lifetime..
just as a temporary job
Pros
great staff, good customer service
Cons
not my career
Division no longer imn existence
Adjointe au président (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 25, 2015
I was supporting the President and learned a lot about HR in that role. Due to a reorganization, the Quebec division was eliminated.
Excellent benefits and remuneration
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
A great company to work for but restructuring is a predominant factor when working there. My position was eliminated but received a very generous settlement package.
Network Admin
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Network AdminApril 25, 2014
AT&T Global business -Network Admin – Global Service Delivery Engineer

Working for USA domestic client
1. E1/T1/OCX /DS3 link provisioning for customer
2. Protocol – BGP, OPSF, EIGRP,SIP,MGCP
3. Troubleshooting of CKT with customer and onsite tech.
4. Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN/VLAN/HSRP
5. Report generation, troubleshooting doc preparation.
6. Coordinating with customer for escalated issue.
7. Analog and digital voice port activation on ISP router.
8. Configuration of PRI line and voice testing.
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONDecember 4, 2012
Good company to work for with good management and great team.
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project.
Technical support staff
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 30, 2013
We handled various calls from the U.S and Canada regarding their cell phone plans, billing, and troubleshooting.

I took high volume calls, customer complaints, and trobleshooting a variety of cell phone problems.

I also handled bill collecting, new customers, and upgrading existing cell phone plans and phones.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
work was far away
Very busy company with a lot deadlines/cutoffs and a lot of opportunities
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ont. CanadaNovember 11, 2013
AT&T Tell. Was growing and learning arena for me I started working as teenage, handled various positions and any accounting area for 14 years long.
Excellent Job
Work Order Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 28, 2013
I was a temporary employee here through Manpower. I loved my position here at AT&T, but the closed the Barrie location, and I was not able to commute to Toronto for work.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
the company moved to toronto.
Loved working for this company (now known as Allstream)
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2013
Started with CNCP in 1988 and worked in many capacities until I was downsized in 2001:(. Would still be working there if I had the opportunity!
Pros
great pay, great people, learned lots!
Cons
not there anymore.
Customer Service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 6, 2014
Answering Telephone, taking notes about the call (customer service)
Working with co-workers. Great environment.
Working here was a great experience
Data Entry / Administration (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2014
The people I worked with were all fantastic and always willing to help you out when you weren't sure how to do something. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry.
2nd most favourite company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2012
I held many positions with MetroNet/AT&T, as each one would eventually get centralized in our Toronoto office.
-NOC: monitor customer network for reliability, usage spikes, change security tapes, created Operational Procedures manual. Programmed routers.
-create and manage the Problem/Change Management system for install activity.
-created and manage the Provisioning Coordination role, documented the procedures and processes, and later trained the team in Toronto that would perform the role in future.
-NOC Manager was empowering and supportive.
-this was a tight team and everyone had their area of expertise, and worked closely on resolving issues.
-CARRIER SERVICES: managed sales orders and quotes, worked closely with engineers on network technical requirements that would support the customer's connection and equipment.
-worked closely with Telco carriers to ensure we had clean orders that supported the delivery schedule contracted to our customers.
-worked with 3rd party vendors/suppliers on specific technical requirements that we needed to support on our network.
-worked closely with Project team for large customer installations.
-CUSTOMER CARE: documented existing processes and re-engineered them to improve the process and customer satisfaction. Worked closely with iternal Training team on the documentation.
-Managed the project to install Customer Care Database across 4 Care Centres. Worked closely with IT Department on technical stability issues for the database.
-Coordinated process discovery sessions with all cross-functional departments that interfaced directly with
  more... the Care Centre.
-Care Centre had a strong management team, supportive and deeply in touch with the business and industry.
-the team was diverse, focused and great communictors.
-the hardest part of the job was letting it go, as the Care Center was being closed in Calgary and moved to Toronto.
-I enjoyed working with all the departments that touched or supported our customer base.
Pros
lots of opportunity to advance and create new positions to support the business
Cons
having each position moved to toronto
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Pros
work from home