AT&T Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Working here was a great experience
Data Entry / Administration (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2014
The people I worked with were all fantastic and always willing to help you out when you weren't sure how to do something. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry.
customer service skills
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), windsor ontarioDecember 22, 2013
Pros: great staff, good customer service
Cons: not my career
learned great customer service skills,
but definitely couldn't do it for a lifetime..
just as a temporary job
Very busy company with a lot deadlines/cutoffs and a lot of opportunities
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto Ont. CanadaNovember 11, 2013
AT&T Tell. Was growing and learning arena for me I started working as teenage, handled various positions and any accounting area for 14 years long.
Professional work environment.
NETWORK ANALYST / TIER 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: large environment, more to learn
Cons: long hours
Unlike many people this is something I love doing. I learned networking and its wide areas and earned the professional experience which made me manage my personal and work both lives. My co-workers were very cooperative , understanding and patient. The hardest part of the job was the beginning as it's a complex and large scale company, getting used to it took couple of months, apart from that, everyday is a challenge here which is worth accepting. The best part about working here is the large and complex working environment, with thousands of devices to manage and new technologies being installed in the existing enviroment its become more diverse and I get to know what exactly is out there and up to mark and current.
Loved working for this company (now known as Allstream)
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great pay, great people, learned lots!
Cons: not there anymore.
Started with CNCP in 1988 and worked in many capacities until I was downsized in 2001:(. Would still be working there if I had the opportunity!
Excellent Job
Work Order Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: the company moved to toronto.
I was a temporary employee here through Manpower. I loved my position here at AT&T, but the closed the Barrie location, and I was not able to commute to Toronto for work.
Technical support staff
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 30, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: work was far away
We handled various calls from the U.S and Canada regarding their cell phone plans, billing, and troubleshooting.

I took high volume calls, customer complaints, and trobleshooting a variety of cell phone problems.

I also handled bill collecting, new customers, and upgrading existing cell phone plans and phones.
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 7, 2013
Pros: liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons: i felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
Good place to work in
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2013
Pros: very strong experience managing the latest technology in an environment with a very high expectation
Cons: higher managment has low visiblity on their team leading to bad decision
AT&T has a busy environment as the expectation of their clients usually is higher than average. Good management to a certain extend as you lose visibility when it comes to higher management which could lead to bad decision. Great team work with the co-worker being one family.
A great company !!! Real team work.
Leasing Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: earnings
Cons: nothing much really ... hard to match culture thanks to gm.
Flexible management, high energy and a successful team. Every manager was approachable even the President/General Manager was available within reason. Wonderful culture of success.
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto ONDecember 4, 2012
Good company to work for with good management and great team.
meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: a/c available, full time available
Cons: no part time available, repetitive work.
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Well they did go under
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2012
Lots of fun until they spent all the $5.1B and couldn't pay it back
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 24, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, great breaks
Cons: short shifts if you werent needed
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers.
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project.
A nice company to work for
Sr. Network Engineer III (Current Employee), RemoteSeptember 13, 2012
I enjoyed the overall working experience. There is freedom of choice and team spirit. Room to grow for both management and non-management track
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee), OntarioSeptember 6, 2012
Great place to work, learned a lot of things from professional and personal aspect. Very good work environment and great team to work with.
2nd most favourite company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunity to advance and create new positions to support the business
Cons: having each position moved to toronto
I held many positions with MetroNet/AT&T, as each one would eventually get centralized in our Toronoto office.
-NOC: monitor customer network for reliability, usage spikes, change security tapes, created Operational Procedures manual. Programmed routers.
-create and manage the Problem/Change Management system for install activity.
-created and manage the Provisioning Coordination role, documented the procedures and processes, and later trained the team in Toronto that would perform the role in future.
-NOC Manager was empowering and supportive.
-this was a tight team and everyone had their area of expertise, and worked closely on resolving issues.
-CARRIER SERVICES: managed sales orders and quotes, worked closely with engineers on network technical requirements that would support the customer's connection and equipment.
-worked closely with Telco carriers to ensure we had clean orders that supported the delivery schedule contracted to our customers.
-worked with 3rd party vendors/suppliers on specific technical requirements that we needed to support on our network.
-worked closely with Project team for large customer installations.
-CUSTOMER CARE: documented existing processes and re-engineered them to improve the process and customer satisfaction. Worked closely with iternal Training team on the documentation.
-Managed the project to install Customer Care Database across 4 Care Centres. Worked closely with IT Department on technical stability issues for the database.
-Coordinated process discovery sessions with all cross-functional departments that interfaced directly with – more... the Care Centre.
-Care Centre had a strong management team, supportive and deeply in touch with the business and industry.
-the team was diverse, focused and great communictors.
-the hardest part of the job was letting it go, as the Care Center was being closed in Calgary and moved to Toronto.
-I enjoyed working with all the departments that touched or supported our customer base. – less
High stress low wages
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 20, 2012
Pros: lots of free parties
Cons: too stressful and no time in between calls
Would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!

Too stressful at poor wages

April 22, 2012

No amount of money is worth the stress they put us through

Headquarters