AT&T Employee Reviews

Best telecom company in US
Principal Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA12 September 2016
I worked with AT&T as contractor and permanent employee. I enjoyed working with newest mobile technologies. They have extremely competent specialists (top engineers and scientists!). There are many opportunities once you get inside. If you like to learn new things continuously you get that opportunity while doing your ongoing routine work. I wish they provide free coffee :)...
It's a nice place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 August 2016
I've enjoyed the training and follow up of employees and attention to details. They are a fun loving company to work for and i've enjoyed every bit of time i've spent there. They don't punish you for mistakes unless repeated several times, instead they train and give you better ways and tips to handle your job better.
Pros
free breaks
Cons
Productive and fun place to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
My typical day at work I can say that I had a very stressful day one of the day in the last week, where I had to tackle with an irated customer being on a call for an hour and a half. I learned how to be with patience and listening very carefully to the customer's concerns and my management at work and co-workers are awesome and supportive. I do not have any hardest part of the job for now as I feel that nothing is impossible and everything has solution. Most enjoyable part is working in a team.
Well Known IT organization with lot to gain
System Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan14 November 2016
Everyday starts with the prayer and we at NADRA learned new things daily. Although I was managing several things but my primary responsibility was to handle technical aspects.
Good company to work for
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
Good company to work for. The company is pretty aggressive in its approach and a good place to start at for an entrepreneurial person
Fun working with ATT
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON4 August 2016
I loved to work with AT&T. People working with me are so supportive and helpful. Company is cool and good for working people.
Okay job.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 June 2016
Answer phone calls and help AT&T customers with technical issues.
Some customers are not nice, so I suppose that is the most difficult part about the job.
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2016
Negotiate with clients the payment of owed amounts.
Be focused on the expected objectives and constantly work to overcome them
Fun workplace and welcoming
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2016
I answer phone calls concern of customers needs and questions. I also call them every month to remmeber them about their monthly bills.
Pros
Relax job
Cons
nothing
productive and fun workplace
Consultant, Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2016
good and efficiently managed organzation. learnt time management and multi-tasking skills improved tremendously.
Challenging
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO29 January 2016
I made good friends and the benefits and pay were awesome. Ultimately I felt the company really did not care about it's employees.
Its good
IBM MEGADEAL BLUE SKY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 October 2015
Its an ok comp any, not the best not the worst. It is not downtown like the competitors therefore has a lot of parking. the building is well kept. nice amenities in the building, cafeteria, gym very close by.
Pros
location allows lots of paking
Cons
People are not the best
Great training, above average organization and management, Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 June 2015
. 100+ cold calls from an all american clientel with over %50 ratio of irate customers looking to receive rebates on purchased items and plans.
. I learned how to deal with angry customer, cold calling criteria, trained on intricate computer systems and department communication procedures and guidelines.
. Management had a well organized establishment and rigorous training to ensure everything and everyone was fitted to the highest potential
. Co-workers were usually irritated and moody because of the irate customers but generally nice people to be around.
. The hardest part of the job had to be the irate customers and the most enjoyable part was the hours worked.
Pros
training, hours
Cons
customers and job specifications
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place enjoyed helping customers and coworkers. Many responsibilities which allowed me to accomplish many things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 November 2014
I was responsible for solving customer concerns, also take payments. I was responsible for providing the best customer service at all time. Another responsibility was deescalating customer's situations and resolving them the best I could.
Pros
Flexible schedule, multiple advancement opportunities, fast paced environment
Cons
Relocation due to personal issues, i.e. furthering my education
Customer support for the Toronto area for AT&T
Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2015
System Manager with 60 Engineers, and Application Representatives. a very demanding job. Interfacing with banks, and large corporations. Very challenging.
Pros
Great Company, and great job.
Cons
Nil
Best place to work for in a communication corporation.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 September 2014
Analyzing and strategizing plans for weekly customer implementations.
We learn to think and to be focused on completing the task at hand.
Management are free to let us develop avenues towards our goals.
Co-workers are friendly and eager to work hard with the company.
The hardest part of the job is the endless work that keeps appearing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer sign off on the completion sheet at the end of a project.
Pros
Everything is good.
Cons
Flawless company and management team.
Great local management vs poor central management office
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2015
Local management was great but central management wasn't as supportive. Loyalty didn't count for much as many over qualified/under paid resources were laid off even they managed to stick around during hard times.

Local management stood by employees and contractors but central management didn't quite feel the same way and performed poor actions in that regard.

Very tight and small room to grow. Pay was very low compared to the market. Expectation wasn't reasonable from the client and central management did a poor job in managing expectation and encouraged the client to have their own version of "Alise in wonderland" in terms of expectations.

Great company name to have on the resume but they took from us a lot in return to have it on there.
Pros
Great company name to put on the resume
Cons
low pay, low support, small room to grow
Excellent Call Centre
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba9 August 2014
Convergys was an excellent well run company until it closed it's doors in Winnipeg. It was classified as one of Winnipeg's best places to work at. It had many projects and opportunities and I have enjoyed it's complex environments and many project over the years.
It's a dearly missed company as it employed a couple of thousand employees and provided opportunities to many.
It had shifts all around the clock, along with great hours of flexibility.
Great benefits.
Pros
Big Employeer, Great benifits, Lots of opporunity.
Cons
Now Closed.
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2014
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
No room to advance - too much bureaucracy
Network Admin
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Network Admin25 April 2014
AT&T Global business -Network Admin – Global Service Delivery Engineer

Working for USA domestic client
1. E1/T1/OCX /DS3 link provisioning for customer
2. Protocol – BGP, OPSF, EIGRP,SIP,MGCP
3. Troubleshooting of CKT with customer and onsite tech.
4. Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN/VLAN/HSRP
5. Report generation, troubleshooting doc preparation.
6. Coordinating with customer for escalated issue.
7. Analog and digital voice port activation on ISP router.
8. Configuration of PRI line and voice testing.