AT&T Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
My typical day at work I can say that I had a very stressful day one of the day in the last week, where I had to tackle with an irated customer being on a call for an hour and a half. I learned how to be with patience and listening very carefully to the customer's concerns and my management at work and co-workers are awesome and supportive. I do not have any hardest part of the job for now as I feel that nothing is impossible and everything has solution. Most enjoyable part is working in a team.
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Negotiate with clients the payment of owed amounts.
Be focused on the expected objectives and constantly work to overcome them
Fun workplace and welcoming
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I answer phone calls concern of customers needs and questions. I also call them every month to remmeber them about their monthly bills.
Pros
Relax job
Cons
nothing
productive and fun workplace
Consultant, Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 26, 2016
good and efficiently managed organzation. learnt time management and multi-tasking skills improved tremendously.
Challenging
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I made good friends and the benefits and pay were awesome. Ultimately I felt the company really did not care about it's employees.
Its good
IBM MEGADEAL BLUE SKY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONOctober 6, 2015
Its an ok comp any, not the best not the worst. It is not downtown like the competitors therefore has a lot of parking. the building is well kept. nice amenities in the building, cafeteria, gym very close by.
Pros
location allows lots of paking
Cons
People are not the best
Great training, above average organization and management, Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 22, 2015
. 100+ cold calls from an all american clientel with over %50 ratio of irate customers looking to receive rebates on purchased items and plans.
. I learned how to deal with angry customer, cold calling criteria, trained on intricate computer systems and department communication procedures and guidelines.
. Management had a well organized establishment and rigorous training to ensure everything and everyone was fitted to the highest potential
. Co-workers were usually irritated and moody because of the irate customers but generally nice people to be around.
. The hardest part of the job had to be the irate customers and the most enjoyable part was the hours worked.
Pros
training, hours
Cons
customers and job specifications
Customer support for the Toronto area for AT&T
Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2015
System Manager with 60 Engineers, and Application Representatives. a very demanding job. Interfacing with banks, and large corporations. Very challenging.
Pros
Great Company, and great job.
Cons
Nil
Great local management vs poor central management office
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2015
Local management was great but central management wasn't as supportive. Loyalty didn't count for much as many over qualified/under paid resources were laid off even they managed to stick around during hard times.

Local management stood by employees and contractors but central management didn't quite feel the same way and performed poor actions in that regard.

Very tight and small room to grow. Pay was very low compared to the market. Expectation wasn't reasonable from the client and central management did a poor job in managing expectation and encouraged the client to have their own version of "Alise in wonderland" in terms of expectations.

Great company name to have on the resume but they took from us a lot in return to have it on there.
Pros
great company name to put on the resume
Cons
low pay, low support, small room to grow
Good company to work at.
Billing Business Analyst - Latin America Region (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 14, 2015
Professional environment, with a diverse work force. Provides good benefits and salaries are good. In Canada, advancement is somewhat limited.
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place enjoyed helping customers and coworkers. Many responsibilities which allowed me to accomplish many things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2014
I was responsible for solving customer concerns, also take payments. I was responsible for providing the best customer service at all time. Another responsibility was deescalating customer's situations and resolving them the best I could.
Pros
flexible schedule, multiple advancement opportunities, fast paced environment
Cons
relocation due to personal issues, i.e. furthering my education
Friendly environment
Managed Router Services Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Košice, SKApril 12, 2015
Shift work is flexible.
Cisco and Juniper devices available for further education in a lab.
Management always willing to hear your comments.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
unexpected heavy workload
Best place to work for in a communication corporation.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Analyzing and strategizing plans for weekly customer implementations.
We learn to think and to be focused on completing the task at hand.
Management are free to let us develop avenues towards our goals.
Co-workers are friendly and eager to work hard with the company.
The hardest part of the job is the endless work that keeps appearing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer sign off on the completion sheet at the end of a project.
Pros
everything is good.
Cons
flawless company and management team.
Excellent Call Centre
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 9, 2014
Convergys was an excellent well run company until it closed it's doors in Winnipeg. It was classified as one of Winnipeg's best places to work at. It had many projects and opportunities and I have enjoyed it's complex environments and many project over the years.
It's a dearly missed company as it employed a couple of thousand employees and provided opportunities to many.
It had shifts all around the clock, along with great hours of flexibility.
Great benefits.
Pros
big employeer, great benifits, lots of opporunity.
Cons
now closed.
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales.
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
no room to advance - too much bureaucracy
Network Admin
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Network AdminApril 25, 2014
AT&T Global business -Network Admin – Global Service Delivery Engineer

Working for USA domestic client
1. E1/T1/OCX /DS3 link provisioning for customer
2. Protocol – BGP, OPSF, EIGRP,SIP,MGCP
3. Troubleshooting of CKT with customer and onsite tech.
4. Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN/VLAN/HSRP
5. Report generation, troubleshooting doc preparation.
6. Coordinating with customer for escalated issue.
7. Analog and digital voice port activation on ISP router.
8. Configuration of PRI line and voice testing.
Good place to work in
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2013
AT&T has a busy environment as the expectation of their clients usually is higher than average. Good management to a certain extend as you lose visibility when it comes to higher management which could lead to bad decision. Great team work with the co-worker being one family.
Pros
very strong experience managing the latest technology in an environment with a very high expectation
Cons
higher managment has low visiblity on their team leading to bad decision
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 7, 2013
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
Pros
liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons
i felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project.
Productive Workplace
Network Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2012
Supporting multiple clients with their network problems and change requests is a typical day at work.

I have learned supporting CISCO routers, switches and loadbalancers which played the biggest part of being a network support in the team.

I had a good relationship with my co-workers and other support in different departments. My co-workers were always willing to train and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is when a specific problem does not get resolved quickly and ran for few days.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the biggest problem gets resolved and also when a big project has been completed successfully.