AT&T Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
My typical day at work I can say that I had a very stressful day one of the day in the last week, where I had to tackle with an irated customer being on a call for an hour and a half. I learned how to be with patience and listening very carefully to the customer's concerns and my management at work and co-workers are awesome and supportive. I do not have any hardest part of the job for now as I feel that nothing is impossible and everything has solution. Most enjoyable part is working in a team.
It's a nice place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 22, 2016
I've enjoyed the training and follow up of employees and attention to details. They are a fun loving company to work for and i've enjoyed every bit of time i've spent there. They don't punish you for mistakes unless repeated several times, instead they train and give you better ways and tips to handle your job better.
Pros
free breaks
Challenging
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I made good friends and the benefits and pay were awesome. Ultimately I felt the company really did not care about it's employees.
productive and fun workplace
Consultant, Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 26, 2016
good and efficiently managed organzation. learnt time management and multi-tasking skills improved tremendously.
Okay job.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 28, 2016
Answer phone calls and help AT&T customers with technical issues.
Some customers are not nice, so I suppose that is the most difficult part about the job.
Fun working with ATT
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ONAugust 4, 2016
I loved to work with AT&T. People working with me are so supportive and helpful. Company is cool and good for working people.
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Negotiate with clients the payment of owed amounts.
Be focused on the expected objectives and constantly work to overcome them
Great training, above average organization and management, Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 22, 2015
. 100+ cold calls from an all american clientel with over %50 ratio of irate customers looking to receive rebates on purchased items and plans.
. I learned how to deal with angry customer, cold calling criteria, trained on intricate computer systems and department communication procedures and guidelines.
. Management had a well organized establishment and rigorous training to ensure everything and everyone was fitted to the highest potential
. Co-workers were usually irritated and moody because of the irate customers but generally nice people to be around.
. The hardest part of the job had to be the irate customers and the most enjoyable part was the hours worked.
Pros
training, hours
Cons
customers and job specifications
Fun workplace and welcoming
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I answer phone calls concern of customers needs and questions. I also call them every month to remmeber them about their monthly bills.
Pros
Relax job
Cons
nothing
Good company to work at.
Billing Business Analyst - Latin America Region (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 14, 2015
Professional environment, with a diverse work force. Provides good benefits and salaries are good. In Canada, advancement is somewhat limited.
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 24, 2012
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours, great breaks
Cons
short shifts if you werent needed
Best place to work for in a communication corporation.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Analyzing and strategizing plans for weekly customer implementations.
We learn to think and to be focused on completing the task at hand.
Management are free to let us develop avenues towards our goals.
Co-workers are friendly and eager to work hard with the company.
The hardest part of the job is the endless work that keeps appearing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer sign off on the completion sheet at the end of a project.
Pros
everything is good.
Cons
flawless company and management team.
Great local management vs poor central management office
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2015
Local management was great but central management wasn't as supportive. Loyalty didn't count for much as many over qualified/under paid resources were laid off even they managed to stick around during hard times.

Local management stood by employees and contractors but central management didn't quite feel the same way and performed poor actions in that regard.

Very tight and small room to grow. Pay was very low compared to the market. Expectation wasn't reasonable from the client and central management did a poor job in managing expectation and encouraged the client to have their own version of "Alise in wonderland" in terms of expectations.

Great company name to have on the resume but they took from us a lot in return to have it on there.
Pros
great company name to put on the resume
Cons
low pay, low support, small room to grow
Its good
IBM MEGADEAL BLUE SKY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONOctober 6, 2015
Its an ok comp any, not the best not the worst. It is not downtown like the competitors therefore has a lot of parking. the building is well kept. nice amenities in the building, cafeteria, gym very close by.
Pros
location allows lots of paking
Cons
People are not the best
Professional work environment.
NETWORK ANALYST / TIER 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 8, 2013
Unlike many people this is something I love doing. I learned networking and its wide areas and earned the professional experience which made me manage my personal and work both lives. My co-workers were very cooperative , understanding and patient. The hardest part of the job was the beginning as it's a complex and large scale company, getting used to it took couple of months, apart from that, everyday is a challenge here which is worth accepting. The best part about working here is the large and complex working environment, with thousands of devices to manage and new technologies being installed in the existing enviroment its become more diverse and I get to know what exactly is out there and up to mark and current.
Pros
large environment, more to learn
Cons
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chaguanas, Trinidad West IndiesAugust 25, 2012
A typical day would be meetings with employees, then my staff, managers meetings, third party. Lots of phone calls for query, guidelines, benefits etc.

I especially love when we have New Employee Orientation which gives us a chance to boast of what a wonderful work place and company DIRECTV is.

I loved the constant interaction with our regional offices and head quarters as we must be updated regularly and I had enjoyed the travel within the caribbean as Trinidad is the headquarters.

Salary and compensation is great and HR staff is very understanding. Senior Mangers were always willing to listen to what HR had to say.

Loved it.
Pros
interaction with the regional offices and travel
Cons
i cannot think of any, seriously
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place enjoyed helping customers and coworkers. Many responsibilities which allowed me to accomplish many things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2014
I was responsible for solving customer concerns, also take payments. I was responsible for providing the best customer service at all time. Another responsibility was deescalating customer's situations and resolving them the best I could.
Pros
flexible schedule, multiple advancement opportunities, fast paced environment
Cons
relocation due to personal issues, i.e. furthering my education
A great company !!! Real team work.
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 16, 2013
Flexible management, high energy and a successful team. Every manager was approachable even the President/General Manager was available within reason. Wonderful culture of success.
Pros
earnings
Cons
nothing much really ... hard to match culture thanks to gm.
Excellent Call Centre
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 9, 2014
Convergys was an excellent well run company until it closed it's doors in Winnipeg. It was classified as one of Winnipeg's best places to work at. It had many projects and opportunities and I have enjoyed it's complex environments and many project over the years.
It's a dearly missed company as it employed a couple of thousand employees and provided opportunities to many.
It had shifts all around the clock, along with great hours of flexibility.
Great benefits.
Pros
big employeer, great benifits, lots of opporunity.
Cons
now closed.
Fun place to work for
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Great Team environment, progressive and positive job culture
Great Management of involvement
Communication skills development was a paramount