AT&T
4,556 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Commercial Manager (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEJune 24, 2014
Pros – Great opportunity to work in big projects, lots of learning. Always working with top technologies.

Cons – There is not to much Work/ Life Balance, many projects, some teams are small and with a lot of work and sometimes the following of all procedures are to long to follow.
It's always fun working with a Telecom Giant
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), PiscatawayJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work from home
Cons: long hours during releases & after releases
Very Nice Place to work & lots of challenges to work with & i have enjoyed facing those challenges, which in turn gave me loads of job satisfaction.
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: no room to advance - too much bureaucracy
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue – more... regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales. – less
typical call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: nice training
Cons: typical call center - not that great
automatic dailer
customer service job
boring job
revolving door of employees coming and going
enjoyable part of the job
Network Technical Support Staff (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 30, 2014
Pros: itil skill
Cons: high turnover
Job cluster was so active and free to do something with other co-works.
A lot of customer orientation
Test Analyst/Onshore Lead/ Data Defect Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2014
ATT is a customer focused company, learned team management skills along with testing skills in this company
Fun place to work for
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Great Team environment, progressive and positive job culture
Great Management of involvement
Communication skills development was a paramount
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Professional work environment.
NETWORK ANALYST / TIER 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: large environment, more to learn
Cons: long hours
Unlike many people this is something I love doing. I learned networking and its wide areas and earned the professional experience which made me manage my personal and work both lives. My co-workers were very cooperative , understanding and patient. The hardest part of the job was the beginning as it's a complex and large scale company, getting used – more... to it took couple of months, apart from that, everyday is a challenge here which is worth accepting. The best part about working here is the large and complex working environment, with thousands of devices to manage and new technologies being installed in the existing enviroment its become more diverse and I get to know what exactly is out there and up to mark and current. – less
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 7, 2013
Pros: liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons: i felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
A good company to start a career
Assistant Financial Manager (Former Employee), ChinaJune 2, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: job with limited scope
AT&T was a good company for new starters. There were good training and mentoring programs for them. It set up higher standard to employees' behavious and had chances for employee to do internal rotations. The hardest part was to understand very complicated internal process and system set up. The enjoyable part was to see growth opportunities internally – more... . – less
Good place to work in
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2013
Pros: very strong experience managing the latest technology in an environment with a very high expectation
Cons: higher managment has low visiblity on their team leading to bad decision
AT&T has a busy environment as the expectation of their clients usually is higher than average. Good management to a certain extend as you lose visibility when it comes to higher management which could lead to bad decision. Great team work with the co-worker being one family.
Tier 2 VoIP Support Engineer (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 11, 2013
 Primarily managing and support NASA (North America South America) 2 clusters Cisco Unified
Communication Server 8.x (Ent. Edition) Secondary supporting Europe and Asia pacific cluster
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Attend technical meetings with internal and external Project managers and remote locations.
 Conduct pre-installation site surveys – more... to ensure all is in place for actual installations.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
 Prepare Scope of Work (SOW) documents for all installations and network design for remote sites.
 Managing 2 Node IP Contact Center UCCX 7.x & 8.x, and 2 Node Cisco Unity 8.x, Unity
Connection 8.x
 Configuring Extension Mobility, Remote Destination Profiles, MOH , CTI Route point ,Visual Voice Mail, Phone proxy and Any connect with ASA firewall.
 Using unity connection call handlers to create call flow solution for remote site in Canada and US.
 Deployment of Cisco 2900, 3900 ISR G2 routers. Understanding on H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP protocols.
 Configuring catalyst 3750 PoE switches in both stand alone and stacking configurations
 Troubleshooting using debug, traces, CDR Records and Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
 Configuring T1, PRI, FXO, FXS and ATA 186 devices.VG224 Analog Gateway. – less
Great
Pros: great company
Cons: great
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
Connection 8.x
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: a/c available, full time available
Cons: no part time available, repetitive work.
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Tremendous exposure to American work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2012
Pros: client facing
Spent 3 + years working here. Great work and work culture.
Lot of exposure and mentoring received.
A good long term career
Communications Technician Power (Current Employee), East TexasOctober 29, 2012
Pros: pay, insurance, job security also, while the bosses have been different, i would rate all of mine as good or excellent
Cons: the job can be boring.
I have been with the company since 1999. I have remained a technician as I feel that the union represented people have better protection and work lives than the first and second levels of management.

As a communications tech specializing in power, my day involves a lot of driving. My day starts with a conference call. Our crew is spread over a wide – more... area and I office by myself over a hundred miles from my supervisor and eighty miles from my nearest crew member. (There are communication tech just up stairs, but they are not in my crew.) Once the conference call is over if there is no emergency work, I pull up routines and work them as I see fit. If there are no routines pressing, I take on projects, some assigned, most ones I see that need to be done and if my supervisor concurs I take on.

There is some stress from the new measurement tools that management has imposed, but I think they are needed to get the company to run more efficiently. There are some down sides to them, and I have my doubts about them. However, anybody that can pay me what they pay me to do what I do, must be a genius.

The most enjoyable part of my job is repairing things. As the equipment is stone reliable, spread out across a large area and built in many different eras, fixing it is always a new experience.

The worst part of my job is the boredom. Routines, while critical can become truly boring. – less
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 24, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, great breaks
Cons: short shifts if you werent needed
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. – more... My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered – more... across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project. – less
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee), OntarioSeptember 6, 2012
Great place to work, learned a lot of things from professional and personal aspect. Very good work environment and great team to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more