AT&T Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
My typical day at work I can say that I had a very stressful day one of the day in the last week, where I had to tackle with an irated customer being on a call for an hour and a half. I learned how to be with patience and listening very carefully to the customer's concerns and my management at work and co-workers are awesome and supportive. I do not have any hardest part of the job for now as I feel that nothing is impossible and everything has solution. Most enjoyable part is working in a team.
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist
B2B Customer Service & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Negotiate with clients the payment of owed amounts.
Be focused on the expected objectives and constantly work to overcome them
Fun workplace and welcoming
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I answer phone calls concern of customers needs and questions. I also call them every month to remmeber them about their monthly bills.
Pros
Relax job
Cons
nothing
Challenging
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I made good friends and the benefits and pay were awesome. Ultimately I felt the company really did not care about it's employees.
productive and fun workplace
Consultant, Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 26, 2016
good and efficiently managed organzation. learnt time management and multi-tasking skills improved tremendously.
Its good
IBM MEGADEAL BLUE SKY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONOctober 6, 2015
Its an ok comp any, not the best not the worst. It is not downtown like the competitors therefore has a lot of parking. the building is well kept. nice amenities in the building, cafeteria, gym very close by.
Pros
location allows lots of paking
Cons
People are not the best
Customer support for the Toronto area for AT&T
Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2015
System Manager with 60 Engineers, and Application Representatives. a very demanding job. Interfacing with banks, and large corporations. Very challenging.
Pros
Great Company, and great job.
Cons
Nil
Great training, above average organization and management, Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 22, 2015
. 100+ cold calls from an all american clientel with over %50 ratio of irate customers looking to receive rebates on purchased items and plans.
. I learned how to deal with angry customer, cold calling criteria, trained on intricate computer systems and department communication procedures and guidelines.
. Management had a well organized establishment and rigorous training to ensure everything and everyone was fitted to the highest potential
. Co-workers were usually irritated and moody because of the irate customers but generally nice people to be around.
. The hardest part of the job had to be the irate customers and the most enjoyable part was the hours worked.
Pros
training, hours
Cons
customers and job specifications
Good company to work at.
Billing Business Analyst - Latin America Region (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 14, 2015
Professional environment, with a diverse work force. Provides good benefits and salaries are good. In Canada, advancement is somewhat limited.
Friendly environment
Managed Router Services Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Košice, SKApril 12, 2015
Shift work is flexible.
Cisco and Juniper devices available for further education in a lab.
Management always willing to hear your comments.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
unexpected heavy workload
Great local management vs poor central management office
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2015
Local management was great but central management wasn't as supportive. Loyalty didn't count for much as many over qualified/under paid resources were laid off even they managed to stick around during hard times.

Local management stood by employees and contractors but central management didn't quite feel the same way and performed poor actions in that regard.

Very tight and small room to grow. Pay was very low compared to the market. Expectation wasn't reasonable from the client and central management did a poor job in managing expectation and encouraged the client to have their own version of "Alise in wonderland" in terms of expectations.

Great company name to have on the resume but they took from us a lot in return to have it on there.
Pros
great company name to put on the resume
Cons
low pay, low support, small room to grow
Division no longer imn existence
Adjointe au président (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 25, 2015
I was supporting the President and learned a lot about HR in that role. Due to a reorganization, the Quebec division was eliminated.
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the work place enjoyed helping customers and coworkers. Many responsibilities which allowed me to accomplish many things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 18, 2014
I was responsible for solving customer concerns, also take payments. I was responsible for providing the best customer service at all time. Another responsibility was deescalating customer's situations and resolving them the best I could.
Pros
flexible schedule, multiple advancement opportunities, fast paced environment
Cons
relocation due to personal issues, i.e. furthering my education
Excellent benefits and remuneration
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
A great company to work for but restructuring is a predominant factor when working there. My position was eliminated but received a very generous settlement package.
Customer Service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 6, 2014
Answering Telephone, taking notes about the call (customer service)
Working with co-workers. Great environment.
Excellent company to work with
Network Architect/L3 Network Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Excellent company to work with. Management is excellent, very supportive, tech team is very good and there are opportunities to grow.
Best place to work for in a communication corporation.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Analyzing and strategizing plans for weekly customer implementations.
We learn to think and to be focused on completing the task at hand.
Management are free to let us develop avenues towards our goals.
Co-workers are friendly and eager to work hard with the company.
The hardest part of the job is the endless work that keeps appearing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer sign off on the completion sheet at the end of a project.
Pros
everything is good.
Cons
flawless company and management team.
Excellent Call Centre
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 9, 2014
Convergys was an excellent well run company until it closed it's doors in Winnipeg. It was classified as one of Winnipeg's best places to work at. It had many projects and opportunities and I have enjoyed it's complex environments and many project over the years.
It's a dearly missed company as it employed a couple of thousand employees and provided opportunities to many.
It had shifts all around the clock, along with great hours of flexibility.
Great benefits.
Pros
big employeer, great benifits, lots of opporunity.
Cons
now closed.
young attitude place, good team atmosphere
communications technician (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 24, 2014
Increasing stress due to staff reductions.some senior management decisions were real blunders.
Pros
bbq pizza potluck days
Cons
night shift, layoff waves
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales.
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
no room to advance - too much bureaucracy