AT&T

AT&T Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Call Centre
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 9, 2014
Pros: big employeer, great benifits, lots of opporunity.
Cons: now closed.
Convergys was an excellent well run company until it closed it's doors in Winnipeg. It was classified as one of Winnipeg's best places to work at. It had many projects and opportunities and I have enjoyed it's complex environments and many project over the years.
It's a dearly missed company as it employed a couple of thousand employees and provided – more... opportunities to many.
It had shifts all around the clock, along with great hours of flexibility.
Great benefits. – less
Fun Environment to Work With - Progressive Organization Initially
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: no room to advance - too much bureaucracy
While it was Netcom Canada and run by 3 highly competent Execs, things ran smoothly, but once it was sold to AT&T Canada, things went downhill, and "we" became primarily a number.

There was a lot of interpersonal with other Sales personnel and excellent rapport with colleagues and managers.

A typical day involved handling incoming calls on a queue – more... regarding quotations/inquiries about IT services, and following up with pricing/proposals and closing sales. – less
typical call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: nice training
Cons: typical call center - not that great
automatic dailer
customer service job
boring job
revolving door of employees coming and going
Fun place to work for
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Great Team environment, progressive and positive job culture
Great Management of involvement
Communication skills development was a paramount
Productive and fun envoirnment
Network Analyst Voip L2 Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Check tickets and work on these as priority ..Gain experienced in Unity , and extension mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job is we can work from home.
Professional work environment.
NETWORK ANALYST / TIER 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: large environment, more to learn
Cons: long hours
Unlike many people this is something I love doing. I learned networking and its wide areas and earned the professional experience which made me manage my personal and work both lives. My co-workers were very cooperative , understanding and patient. The hardest part of the job was the beginning as it's a complex and large scale company, getting used – more... to it took couple of months, apart from that, everyday is a challenge here which is worth accepting. The best part about working here is the large and complex working environment, with thousands of devices to manage and new technologies being installed in the existing enviroment its become more diverse and I get to know what exactly is out there and up to mark and current. – less
I did not like having to push things to customers they don't want.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 7, 2013
Pros: liked that they train you for a few weeks before sending you into production.
Cons: i felt stats counted more than customer service even though they say it is customer service first.
I did not enjoy working split shifts and having to always worry about stats. I felt they push customer service but not the way I would call customer service. I like talking to customers and listening to their situations. I found it hard to push something to someone when you really knew they are only going to call back to change it in the future.
Good place to work in
Network Analyst - Tier 2 (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2013
Pros: very strong experience managing the latest technology in an environment with a very high expectation
Cons: higher managment has low visiblity on their team leading to bad decision
AT&T has a busy environment as the expectation of their clients usually is higher than average. Good management to a certain extend as you lose visibility when it comes to higher management which could lead to bad decision. Great team work with the co-worker being one family.
meet different people,office setting so a/c is available
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: a/c available, full time available
Cons: no part time available, repetitive work.
really repetitive work, strict. get to meet different people. If your not patient you will probably not be suitable for this type of work, enjoyed days where management was not strict.
Customer Service Representative/Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 24, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, great breaks
Cons: short shifts if you werent needed
Working for 24-7 Intouch, selling cell phones for AT&T was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job was repetative but easy to do. You had to follow a 5 step sales program, which really helped with making sales. I did a good job there, and I made many sales for the company. I had to leave because I moved out of Winnipeg. – more... My typical day at work was get to work, load up the AT&T website, sit and chat with people wanting to buy cell phone contracts. I learned a lot of about cell phones and the benefits of each phone. The management kept to themselves, but the team leaders were great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when you chatted with an angry customer, but the supervisors were very helpful in those situations. The best part of my day was working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and Cohesive
Technical Associate (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2012
A typical day starts at 6 am. I am part of a very cohesive team. My boss is like one of the guys. The hardest part of my day is deciding what to have for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is our Friday conference calls. That is the time when we get a chance to talk about work trends, current work events and things to come. My team is scattered – more... across the country, but we work so well together. Its like having an extending family working together on a project. – less
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee), OntarioSeptember 6, 2012
Great place to work, learned a lot of things from professional and personal aspect. Very good work environment and great team to work with.
High stress low wages
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 20, 2012
Pros: lots of free parties
Cons: too stressful and no time in between calls
Would not recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!

Too stressful at poor wages

April 22, 2012

No amount of money is worth the stress they put us through

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more