ASW Steel Inc., the premier specialty steel-making facility located in Welland, ON, has an immediate requirement for the following position:
Technical Support Specialist
(3 Month-Contract with possibility of becoming Full-Time)
ASW Steel Inc. operates a dynamic and versatile facility and has a long and storied history in the steel-making business, with roots in Welland dating back to 1918. Recent upgrades to equipment combined with improvements in efficiency and production flexibility have placed us among the premier specialty steel producers in North America. However, the fundamental component to our success is our people. The expertise, commitment and adaptability of our team are our most valuable assets and will be critical to the achievement of our future objectives.
Reporting to the IT Manager, responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure all Windows-based PC’s, Laptops, Servers are functioning at optimum efficiency by keeping relevant patch revision history current, ensuring servers are properly backed up, and virus and malware definitions are up to date.
- Ensure all single and multi function information documenting devices are functioning properly. This includes printing, faxing, photocopying, scanning. Work with contracted 3rd party vendor to meet this requirement.
- Deploy as needed PC’s, thin clients, other IT related equipment as required by growth, change, etc. Keep current ISO image for rapid hard drive deployment available.
- Document all installations and changes done using a combination of Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.
- Handle user support calls (Help Desk) in an expeditious, prioritized manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Must be familiar with Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, XP and 7, specifically Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Sysprep, Scripting, Patch Management, etc.
- Priority will be given to candidates who also have experience with Access/SQL and MAS 500 as position may develop into a Programming/Analyst role.
- Nice to have knowledge includes RF, and thin clients.
- Network knowledge an asset, especially with Nortel and Avaya equipment.
- Industry accreditations preferred but a combination of experience/certifications accepted.
- Must be a reliable, personable technician who is willing to go the extra mile to keep our users happy and the organization functioning at the top of its game.
- Multitasking and prioritizing are prerequisite skills.
- Must also be willing to increase his or her knowledge base by becoming familiar with any new technology brought on site.
- Must be available for after hours support on an as needed basis and be willing and able to perform job duties in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a strong willingness to work in a fast-paced, lean environment where adaptability, innovation and hard work are valued above all else.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email your resume with “Technical Support Specialist” in the subject line. No agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest but can only commit to contacting suitable candidates.
Indeed - 17 months ago
A specialty steel manufacturer.