ASL Distribution Services is a dynamic and passionate third-party logistics provider. ASL offers their clients a diverse range of customized services, such as warehousing and distribution. This allows them to partner with clients on a unique level to help achieve their logistics goals.
The Freight Rating Analyst will be able to provide safe and cost effective transportation across rail and over the road modes. The successful candidate will price shipments with contracts in place, work with other members of the team and other departments as required.
Key Duties / responsibilities:
- Complete the daily rating process utilizing the tools and technology at ASL.
- Identify area’s where improvement can be realized with focus on revenue generation and cost reduction.
- Provide assistance in maintaining customer rates and carrier costs in ASL’s Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Provide the necessary freight analysis and decision support systems for other functional areas.
- Work with other members of the team when required to attain our goals.
- Assist with Freight Claims and Non Compliance Claims as required.
- Experience with logistics process analysis and using TMS
- Exposure to ACCELLOS/ Freight Logix desirable
- Knowledge of carrier tariffs
- Understanding of carrier terms & conditions of carriage
- Exposure working in a traffic or transportation department
- Experience with non-compliance guidelines within a transportation environment
- Intermediate to Advanced EXCEL skills
- Self starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Able to handle ambiguity and is unafraid to challenge the status quo
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication, must be able to act as a liaison between departments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Background in “Rating” and/or “Rate Audit
- Experience in claims would be helpful (Freight Claims & Non Compliance Claims)
- Post Secondary education in an International Business or Logistics field is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please note this is a contract term to cover a maternity leave that has a possibility to go permanent. The term will be at least 14 months.
Please apply online. Only qualified candidates who can work without employer sponsorship will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The strategic goal of ASL DISTRIBUTION SERVICES is to be the foremost Canadian provider of Total Logistics Systems for Time Critical...