ASG Security Group – Markham, ON
ASG Security Group is currently recruiting for the position of Quality Control Officer within our Mobile Division.
Job Description: Quality Control Officer provides effective supervision and guidance, support and back-up to all assigned patrol areas and guarding staff. Quality Control Officer will ensure guards’ adherence to company policies and procedures.
Quality Control Officer sets a professional example to all Security Guards and Site Supervisors/Shift Leads and provides support in additional services when required to do so.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle the emergency and 24 Operations line
- Check email & reports for specific shift instruction
- Receive briefing from Scheduling & Operations departments; special instructions from Client Service Managers
- Commence and complete equipment check inventory for all required items before and after every shift
- Respond to emergencies, attend to worksite, assist and fill out all required forms
- Check the schedule to ensure all posts are covered. If not commence scheduling functions as necessary to fill the vacancy, emergency book offs, send email shift amendment notifications
- Commence circle check of company vehicle prior to and at end of operating vehicle; complete Vehicle Inspection Log
- Complete Inspections of posts; site and guard inspections
- Complete spot checks and reports in accordance with contractual obligations
- Perform parking enforcement duties as required
- Ensure vehicle is clean and full of fuel at all times
- Complete Inspecting Guards Report for submission
- Complete Shift Brief after every shift
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Security Guard license and First-Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Must have a full Drivers license with no restrictions and a clean Driver's Abstract
- Must have minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience or 2 years prior industry related experience. Formal law enforcement training or diploma is an asset.
- Must be available to work weekends and overnights and irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays). Must be able to work overtime
- Must be able to respond & provide guidance in variety of different emergency response scenarios
- Must be trained in First Aid & CPR
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors
- Must be computer literate in a Windows
Specific Essential Skills:
- Knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of PISG Act under Ministry rules and regulations related to duties and responsibilities of a security guard
- Excellent customer service skills, polite personality and great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Disciplined, punctual and consistent with duties
- Able to work under stressful conditions
- Must be alert at all times and detail oriented
- Assertive and confident
- Ability to utilize sound judgment, problem solving, and decision making
- Able to respond to emergency situations and conflict management
We are looking for a candidate who is up for the challenge and has a flexible schedule as it will involve overnights as well as weekends. Essential skills include but not limited to exceptional communication skills and time management skills. This is an immediate opening, looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is committed and willing to grow within the company and develop a career in security! The main function of a Quality Control Officer is to ensure high quality service is delivered to clients via site checks, client interaction and staff evaluation. Quality Control Officer is also accountable for ensuring staff conducts themselves in accordance with ASG’s operational and health and safety policies and procedures.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits