The role of the Scheduler is to ensure that staff within site accounts are scheduled for shifts, further to that they act as the necessary conduit to feed operational information to the rest of the management team.
Hours of operations will be from 1500 - 2400hrs.(hrs may be extended to handle emergencies as they arise) Rate of pay will start at $12.00.
Applicant must be committed and looking to grow within the company.
Having a 911 Dispatch certificate/ diploma will be a big advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Understanding of rotational shifts and site schedules.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Be alert and attentive at all times.
· Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills. Good math skills.
Strong organization, coordination and time management skills. Must be able to work independently.
Ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality when necessary.
Ability to adapt to changing workloads and requirements. Able to work under pressure, in a fast-paced work environment with strict deadlines.
Must demonstrate leadership, good work ethics, and responsibility of daily duties.
Ability to build relationships with managers and employees with a focus on tact, diplomacy and conflict management. Must have a positive attitude.
· Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
· Knowledge of and understands the scheduling software, processes and proper use of the software system.
· Knowledge of Ontario’s employment standards Act- rules and regulations that affect scheduling procedures
· Knowledge of OCH&S Act
· Knowledge of computer system and use of programs. Basic level of proficiency in Windows programs and Microsoft office programs (Word and Excel)
The Scheduler will work closely with the Operations Department and their identified employees and clients, primarily focused to create, maintain, resolve and respond to scheduling issues and matters, with respect to policies, processes and procedures related to the Scheduling Department