ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of a small, growing, high-tech company, you will have direct hands-on responsibility in this important customer-facing role. You will engage with customers and dealers in the design, programming, commissioning, start-up, and troubleshooting of automation systems incorporating our products and software.
You will create and provide training, application design, and technical support to our dealers and systems integrators, working from our office and in-field at customer sites. Your adaptive problem-solving skills will help customers define requirements for new opportunities over a range of industries, find new ways to integrate our products with PLCs and automation equipment, and develop solutions to meet customer objectives.
You will also work alongside our product design engineers, with an opportunity to contribute your ideas to new products and applications whitepapers. You will evaluate and test new products, providing feedback as a voice of the customer.
Highly organized, you are able to work independently, analyze challenges and make sound decisions autonomously under pressure, with the agility and sense of ownership to make things happen. As an entrepreneurial company we value an informal, fast-paced, collaborative and results-oriented environment, and offer a high degree of autonomy in fulfilling your responsibilities. If you thrive in this environment then we invite you to join our team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Process Automation and Control systems.
- Hands-on experience in control system definition, design, diagram, programming, simulation, commissioning, start-up, and troubleshooting.
- Strong experience in PLC / HMI hardware and programming.
- Experience with any of: DCS – Distributed Control Systems, SCADA, Communication protocols (Industrial Ethernet, FL-net, DeviceNet, etc.) Experience mapping PLCs to SCADA or DCS is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills in individual and group settings. Excellent interpersonal skills supporting customers and working in a team environment.
- Highly organized, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to work independently to deadlines. Cool under pressure.
- Customer-centric, can-do attitude. Demonstrated willingness to take ownership.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time. Own vehicle required.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED AN ADDITIONAL ASSET
- Experience with IT networking.
- Previous Applications Specialist or Technical Support experience.
- Previous employment within a Systems Integrator, or broad industry experience (automotive, food processing, manufacturing).
- Create system specifications, test plans.
- Lean / Six-Sigma training.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Engineering Degree or advanced Diploma in: Electrical, Industrial, Automation, or Mechanical.
Competitive compensation package, medical/dental benefits, life/disability insurance.
PLEASE APPLY TO:
E-MAIL: JOBS @ ARCX.COM