OVERVIEW OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of a small, growing, high-tech company, you will have direct hands-on responsibility in this important accounting and customer-facing role.
Your responsibilities will include processing incoming sales orders from our customers, invoicing, maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts payable and receivable records, purchase order processing, monthly account reconciliations and other accounting responsibilities. Administratively, you will create positive first impressions of ARCX as you greet visitors in-person and on the phone at reception, organize and stock the office to run smoothly, and assist the management team with administrative support.
Highly organized and accurate, you are able to work independently, make sound decisions with good judgment, with the agility and sense of ownership to make things happen. As an entrepreneurial company we value an informal, friendly, fast-paced, collaborative and results-oriented environment. If you thrive in this environment then we invite you to join our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process supplier invoices against POs & packing slips, obtain approvals, code, and enter.
- Prepare payment schedules, cheques, pre-authorized payments, and associated reports.
- Liaise with vendors on accounts payable.
- Invoice Customers, per-shipment, against milestones, or monthly as appropriate.
- Maintain A/R aging. Liaise with Customers for payment. Pro-actively manage overdue accounts.
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Update cash-flow forecasting based on AP, AR, regular payables, and open sales -orders.
Payroll & Benefits:
- Achieve a working knowledge of the payroll and benefits processes and provide backup as required.
- Perform regular accounting entries and verification, assist in monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for approval.
- Assist in maintaining up to date government filing of HST, payroll deductions, EHT, WSIB etc.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
General Office Support:
- Reception and telephone coverage – Be our ‘Director of First Impressions’.
- Maintain office supplies & services towards a smoothly running office environment.
- Project time-sheet and expense tracking.
- General administrative and clerical support for the management team.
- Courier and minor shipments.
- College diploma in accounting, business, operations, or completion of minimum one-year university towards CA, CGA;
- Two to Three+ years practical accounting experience;
- Processing accounts payable/receivable, general ledger entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Five years’ experience in electronics component purchasing and strong general business acumen would be considered as an alternative to core accounting expertise.
- Experience with Accounting or ERP software a must. QuickBooks experience would be a real asset.
- Strength with Microsoft Office tools; EXCEL strength is an absolute must.
- Characteristics of integrity, detailed accuracy, discreteness, trustworthiness and reliability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Professional and positive.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing or professional engineering firms would be an asset.
Competitive compensation package, medical/dental benefits, life/disability insurance. This is an excellent and exciting entry-level position into a growing technology company.
About The Company
ARCX and Archronix are an inter-related group of companies in the electronics and software industry.
Archronix is a professional engineering firm, specializing in the design of electronic products on contract for some of the world’s leading companies and well-known brands.
ARCX is a spin-out of Archronix. ARCX creates, manufactures, and distributes innovative Automation Control & Monitoring products and software, for industrial applications in automotive, manufacturing, food processing, pharmaceuticals, and other process-controlled industries. ARCX’s unique web-enabled systems perform 24/7 in some of North America’s leading manufacturing plants.
PLEASE APPLY TO:
E-MAIL: JOBS @ ARCX.COM attn: Accounting / Admin Role.
ARCX Incorporated, attn: Careers
151 Amber Street, Unit 1, Markham ON, L3R 3B3
Indeed - 30+ days ago
ARCX is a manufacturer of innovative Automation Control & Monitoring products and software, for industrial applications in automotive,...