POSITION: Food Service Worker – Tim Hortons
LOCATION: Dalhousie University, Tupper Medical Building
SHIFTS: Monday – Thursday, 7:30am - 4:30pm; Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
WAGE: $10.61/hour, as per Union agreement
TO APPLY: Send your resume in DOC or PDF format to Supervisor Jenn Boudreau at: boudreau-jennifer [at] aramark.ca with the Subject line, "Tim Hortons - Dalhousie". Emails sent to any other address are not reviewed.
Foodservice Worker greets and serves guests, prepares food and beverages, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares beverages and food neatly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to guests accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
- Checks products in store area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cash handling and counting required.
- Operate cash register POS system; complete customer transactions accurately and efficiently
- Cleans as directed, and takes self-directed initiative to clean
- Greets guests and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined by Tim Hortons.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food and beverages, serving product, and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as expected by Tim Hortons and ARAMARK Canada Ltd.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes any required online coursework on the Tim Hortons website
- Work in team environment with other staff members
- Ensure that temperature logs and core samples are taken and logged
- Other duties as required by supervisor/manager
- Hours of work may be dependent on business levels on campus
- Is an employee of ARAMARK Canada Ltd., and as such will be required to assist in all areas of the foodservice operation
- Adhere to standards set out by ARAMARK Canada Ltd. / Food Services at Dalhousie University
- Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction. Previous Tim Hortons experience is considered a strong asset.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computer-based Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
ARAMARK is dedicated to excellence in dining, facility, conference centre, and stadium and arena services. ARAMARK enhances the living and learning experience and environment for more than 600 colleges and universities throughout North America. For more information and a list of our services, visit www.aramarkhighered.com.
ARAMARK Higher Education is dedicated to excellence in dining, facility, conference centre, and stadium and arena services. ARAMARK enhances...