Reporting to Regional Manager, this position impacts the organization by ensuring that Apple Express has the strong base of service providers/ owner operators to support the transportation operation for our specialty healthcare clients.
The work includes identifying and resolving client issues related to quality of service. In addition, the representative ensures that proper training and equipment(s) is provided to the driver network which helps the company meet target margins and service quality expectations.
Job Key Contributions/Task:
- Fosters positive customer relations through participation in regular customer meetings
- Ensure that the driver/owner operator operation is in full compliance with all pre-defined work instructions and pertinent legislation
- Execute the Health and Safety training program as well as maintain all training related documentation
- Prepare and submit owner operator/driver KPI reports such as POD, On-time performance as required
- Coordinate with internal team on roll outs of new procedures/ initiative or new client implementations in the field
- Participate in audit activities
- Participate in recruitment activities of driver/ owner operator and screening program
- Liaison with Customer contacts and internal Customer Service department as necessary
- Administer and maintain driver contingency pool
- Create a quality awareness culture through the encouragement and management of owner operators
- Take the necessary steps to minimize transportation costs and maintain efficiency
- Prepare and present Performance Evaluations for drivers and agents
- Monitor hours of service of owner operators in the field, day-to-day and occasional on–road supervision of drivers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Key Competencies/ Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and other technical software is required
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and questioning skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people (strong customer service skills)
- Post secondary education, degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a transportation role preferably in the healthcare industry
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver's license in good standing
- experience in a Transportation supervisory role or equivalent is an asset
- Experience with quality programs and initiatives
- Proven success in prevention, training, and incident management
- Must be cost conscious and be able to identify opportunities to increase profitability.
- Able to travel and able to work flexible hours and days.
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
***Thank you for your interest in the role. Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.