Apple Express is a leading third party provider of logistics management services for medical device, information technology and retail organizations; in addition since May 2013 Apple Express services the Oil fields in the Greater Edmonton and Grande Prairie area through its subsidiary, Matt’s Express.
For over 25 years, Apple Express and Matt’s Express have been developing and delivering innovative logistics solutions focusing in the areas of transportation management, warehouse management, customer service, configuration services and courier delivery.
With a strong network of five Apple Express distribution locations and over fifty service partner/ vendor relationships across Canada, Apple Express provides remote strategic storage for our clients and can fulfill their diverse and time sensitive service requirements reliably.
We value our partners and our customers. Above all we value the people who work with us - our employees. As a knowledge-based company, we firmly believe the key to our success is our talented and competent team of employees. Our corporate culture promotes integrity and diversity. Each individual working is responsible for upholding the values of our organization. With a multicultural employee base, we are an equal opportunity employer providing you with an exciting working environment and numerous growth prospects.
Reporting to the Warehouse Team Lead, this position will support the day-to-day dispatch operation in courier business and warehouse/ inventory activities in the Edmonton facility.
1. Dispatch Support-
- Manages all Independent Contractors/ Drivers
- Answering all incoming phone inquiries from local drivers as well as customers
- Timely updates of all order notes into the system .i.e. Courier Complete
- Communicate any order delays to customers / customer service / logistics coordinators
- Compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (internals and client specifics)
- Dispatching of all orders on the Dispatch board
- Monitor the status of all Orders (on the APX board) with particular milestones to ensure delivery remains on time
- Assess requirements for all new orders and assign drivers accordingly
- Tracing and tracking requests
- Follow Apple Express Proof Of Delivery (POD) process
2. Warehouse Support-
- Work with the warehouse lead and conduct tasks as assigned – order picking, processing, shipping, receiving, put-away etc.
- Ensure exceptional customer service is achieved by exceeding service targets and key performance indicators
- Ensure compliance with all customer and company procedures at all time.
- 2 plus years of dispatch and warehouse support experience in warehousing or transportation industry
- Must be able to work at heights using portable ladders and lift up to 40 lbs consistently
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment in a safe and reliable manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under time pressures as well as managing others and prioritizing work
- Polished communication skills as well as detail oriented
- Must possess integrity, intelligence and energy
- Self motivated with excellent work ethic, responsible, punctual and self-managed
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
**Thank you for your interest in the position... Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.**