Required by a well-established, rapidly growing Richmond Hill area Medical Equipment Manufacturer. The ideal candidate will be thorough, aggressive, responsible, and take the initiative to improve processes and procedures.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities including: supplier performance, quality performance, internal order placement performance, employee performance and material shortage elimination.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Negotiate vendor contracts as needed to support critical business needs;
- Strategically develop and implement supply chain strategies covering, packaging, raw material, third-party manufactured, commodities and other items/services as needed;
- Lead efforts to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing negotiation strategies, terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation of rationalization of supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignment, safety stock/buffer levels, etc.
- Ensure effective forecasting, master planning, scheduling and deployment of finished goods to the marketplace at targeted service, inventory and customer satisfaction levels.
- Engage in purchasing activities to mitigate cost - monitor data to keep accurate product, contract, pricing and invoicing information;
- Provide routing reports, variance analysis and recommend corrective actions when required;
- Ensure that supply chain framework is lean, cost effective, resilient and scalable for future growth;
- Works closely with IT to optimize use of ERP system for Inventory, Planning and Purchasing activities;
- Review existing supply chain process and performance and make recommendations for improvement as required;
- Review and approve of Purchase Orders from all Buyers
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties
- Collaborate with staff, other departments to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
6 years' experience in supply chain management in manufacturing environment, supervisory/managerial experience is a must.
In-depth experience in procurement and material planning, inventory control and management, production planning, setting production requirements and managing execution, material movement, service level negotiations;
Result driven with strong performance, cost management and bottom line orientation
Experience with ERP systems and processes (forecasting, made to order environment, planning, supply chain metrics);
Strong knowledge of manufacturing, purchasing processes specifically logistical and inventory control experience
Communication in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus.
Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
This position is not suitable for people who cannot handle a fast paced, demanding work environment.
Include Salary Expectations with Resume and apply with subject "Procurement Manager".