The selected Online Linux Administrator will ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers and tools. Additionally, the qualified candidate will work with a range of network and telecommunications tools, develop automation scripts, and participate in the development and implementation of Ubisoft’s systems and network projects.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, such as Perforce, Jira, File tunnel, gaming servers;
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems;
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Compétences et expérience souhaitées
A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bilingualism (French-English; oral and written)
- Expertise in Linux operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Good knowledge of CFEngine
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important
- General knowledge of Cisco network equipment, routers and switches, and Cisco / Brocade FC switch
- General knowledge of network data storage technologies (FC switching architecture)
- Good knowledge of Veritas Netbackup
- Good knowledge of SAN, NAS
- Working knowledge of Tomcat
- RHCE Certification is an asset
Alten Canada provides Technology Solutions with agility and commitment levels tailored to the needs of our customers. We operate in complex...