ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Shipping/Receiving - General Assistant (GA1)
Casual-Temporary – (1 to 2 months)
Location: ALS Environmental – Saskatoon, SK
Reports to: Login/Receiving Supervisor
Shift: Monday to Friday, shift-times will be staggered between 7:00am-3:00pm, 8:00am-4:00pm, 9:00am-5:00pm
Depending on sample volumes, overtime may be required.
About the Position
This position will support the sample flow process, as well as assist in the preparation and shipping of sampling supplies. The General Assistant must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting strict deadlines. There is a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Prepare and/or process samples:
o Verify shipments by checking sample ID and reviewing paperwork
o Apply lab ID to soil bags or water samples
o Lay out soil sample to dry
o Grind soil sample
- Sort and disposal of samples;
- Maintain a clean work area;
- Basic building maintenance;
- Provide general assistance as required;
- Completing orders within strict turnaround times;
- Restocking of shipping supplies;
- Help keep the storage area organized;
- Assist laboratory staff in locating archived samples;
- Maintain records and documents;
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Supervisor to assure that related quality control procedures are followed;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Extensive walking or movement, bending, and kneeling for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Some experience working in a warehouse or fast-paced environment is an asset;
- Some customer service experience is an asset;
- Valid provincial Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic lab safety would be an asset.
You would also be:
- Good English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, writing, and reading);
- Basic user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and confident with computers;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately in a fast-paced environment;
- Well organized, with proven ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than April 5, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “GA1 – JOB ID 2013SK08- Saskatoon” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Life Sciences but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.