ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Warehouse/Laboratory Assistant (SR1)
Location: ALS Environmental – Saskatoon, SK
Reports to: Receiving/Reporting Supervisor
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Some on-call, overtime or weekend coverage may be required.
About the Position
This is an opportunity for an individual who is great at multitasking and is interested in working in a professional and technical industry without a science background required. This position is responsible for meeting strict deadlines within the shipping and receiving department. Ensuring all samples are prepared and ready for analysis in a timely manner.
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TATs);
- Verify incoming shipments; ensure we have received the samples or supplies indicated on environmental chain of custodies, FARM information sheets or packing slips. Checking sample IDs, reviewing paperwork and applying lab ID;
- Perform sample preparation: washing, drying, grinding and sub-sampling;
- Ensure that work area is kept clean;
- Ensure subletting and tracking samples are received or sent out in a timely manner to help meet TAT;
- Receives and fills supply orders within strict turnaround times; preparation of the order, pack for shipping and restocking of supplies;
- Ensure that the receiving area has the required supplies;
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and maintain records and documents: i.e. maintenance logs, monitoring grinders, dryers and balances;
- Ensure all samples are stored in an organized manner and train all other staff to maintain the order. Assist others to locate missing samples. Disposing of samples as required;
- Help train and supervise casual seasonal staff;
- Participate in audits and CAR investigation/resolution;
- Meet company standards pertaining to quality and quantity of work performed on ongoing basis; perform all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all company policies and procedures. Adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures, and directions regarding standard of workplace behaviour in completing job duties and assignments;
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with the ALS Health and Safety Program;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Stand for entirety of shift (7.5 hours or more);
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Previous experience performing machine maintenance would be considered an asset.
You would also have:
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Must be well organized and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have good customer service and telephone skills;
- Must have strong mechanical skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is detail oriented and quality focused;
- Must be safety conscious, a careful, organized, meticulous and dependable worker;
- Familiarity with Excel, MS word and internet.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than September 11, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENVR – SR1 | Job ID 2013SK17 - SK” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.