Warehouse Assistant/Driver (GA2)
Location: ALS Environmental, Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 10:00am to 6:00pm
About the Position:
This position will support the sample flow process, as well as assist in the preparation and shipping of sampling supplies. The General Assistant must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting strict deadlines. There is a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Prepare bottle orders and sample preservatives for packing and shipping;
- Receive supplies and distribute to appropriate department;
- Cross-train with Sample Login and log samples in as required;
- Deliver late shipments to couriers and others as required;
- Deliver/pickup of shipments, as required;
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and couriers;
- Maintain a clean work area;
- Sort and disposal of samples;
- Basic building maintenance;
- Provide general assistance as required;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Extensive walking or movement, bending, and kneeling for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent (required);
- Some experience working in a warehouse or fast-paced environment (asset);
- Some customer service experience (asset);
- Valid Provincial Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving history (abstract required);
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic lab safety (asset).
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) as required;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) on a basic level;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks correctly in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines such as Turnaround Times (TAT) and holding requirements;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- A commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than July 3, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – GA2 | Job ID 2013ED18” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.