ALS Geochemistry is the global leader in the provision of analytical data services to the mining and exploration sectors. With over 60 locations around the world we are able to provide consistent, swift, productive and reliable service to our clients.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Office Administrator (O4)
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Terrace
Reports to: Terrace Branch Manager
About the Position
The Office Administrator is responsible for managing and distributing client instructions to the workorder entry and sample preparation groups. The priority for this position will be to ensure that client workorders are entered into the system accurately and in a timely manner and that all standards are followed by the staff to ensure client instructions are followed correctly. A secondary focus will be on ensuring correct documentation and filing of all Human Resources activities.
- Organize and maintain all document archive systems (filing or reports, correspondence etc);
- Coordinate all inter-company and client e-mail, e-mail distribution;
- Ensures that workorders are entered accurately and in a timely manner;
- Assist the manager with the recruitment and hiring of staff.
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices, and documentation of such invoices.
- Upkeep of all Quality system records.
- Upkeep of all training records for all staff.
- Maintains close liaison with supervisors and other lab staff to ensure the smooth delivery of our services to clients;
- Identifies and resolves internal and external problems when they arise;
- Communicate with Client Services/Marketing Group and V_Branch;
- Contact the client regarding missing, incomplete or ambiguous sample processing instructions; accomplishes this by close liaison with layout personnel, work order entry, and client services groups;
- Respond and handle client inquiries;
- Reception duties such as greeting customers in person and on the phones in a courteous and positive manner.
- Identifies internal and external problems when they arise;
- Become familiar with ALS Laboratory Group analytical codes and procedures;
- Responsible for training of work order entry staff;
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to;
- Under Manager’s direction help investigate client enquiries and complaints related to quality issues and suggest proactive actions;
- Provide input on quality improvements to the department;
- Edit or create CPT’s as required;
- Under direction of the Manager, schedules shifts and manage time keeping for office staff;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks such as data entry.
The ideal candidate would have (list the education, professional designations required for the job):
- Completion of Post-secondary education (degree, certificate or diploma) preferred;
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a commercial minerals laboratory or minerals sample preparation preferred.
You would also be (list the skills and abilities needed for the job):
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational and communication skills
- Experience in training staff an asset;
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information System is preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills;
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong customer service focus, interpersonal and organizational abilities;
- Highly motivated and able to work as part of the team;
- Detail oriented individual with a strong commitment to quality.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than April 21, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “GEO – Office Administrator - Terrace” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Geochemistry but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.