Login Clerk (LG2)
Location: ALS Environmental – Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Login Supervisor
Shift: Wednesday to Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm
About the Position:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for all sample login activities at the laboratory. The priority for this position will be to receive and organize samples, verify client information and enter the pertinent information into the laboratory data systems.
- Receive work orders as they arrive in the laboratory with little or no supervision;
- Open and layout samples and paperwork to confirm all required samples have been received with little or no supervision;
- Enter all pertinent information into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS);
- Determine when client sample processing instructions are missing, incomplete or ambiguous;
- Maintain close liaison with Laboratory Manager and other lab staff to ensure the smooth delivery of our services to clients;
- Shipping and receiving duties as required;
- Ensure adherence to all procedures and policies (safety, quality, employment and technical);
- Transport samples into lab, some heavy lifting required (up to 23kg);
- Identify and resolve internal and external problems when they arise;
- Early morning and weekend and evening shifts may be required as needed;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Some experience working in a fast-paced, production, and/or preparation environment;
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic laboratory safety is an asset;
- Experience working with chemicals or in a laboratory setting (ex. school) is an asset, but not required.
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) (required);
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) skills, with basic computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Well organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Process oriented skills, with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than July 5, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – Login (LG2) | Job ID 2013ED19 - ED” in the subject line will be considered.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -