ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Laboratory Assistant (LA1)
Trace Metals – Prep Team
Location: ALS Environmental – Vancouver BC
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor or Team Lead
Shift: Sunday to Thursday day shift (Sunday, 8am start; Mon-Thurs, 6:30 am start)
About the Position
The Laboratory Assistant will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks and lab maintenance.
- Support for preparation of water, and dustfall samples for analysis;
- Glassware cleaning and labware maintenance;
- Carry out necessary work scheduling and planning activities;
- Prepare all required reagents, standards, reference materials, etc.;
- Perform any required sample processing (e.g. screening, homogenization, sub-sampling, etc.);
- Monitoring of any controlled equipment;
- Restocking of laboratory consumables/chemicals;
- General laboratory clean-up and maintenance;
- Sample shelving and archiving;
- Some analyses or sample screening as required;
- Carry out all required record-keeping & documentation;
- Perform all required quality control procedures;
- Follow all required safety procedures and protocols;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager or Team Leader.
- Able to stand or sit for a full shift;
- Able to lift 30 lbs and carry for short distances;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks.
The ideal candidate would have:
- High School graduation required;
- Previous lab experience would be an asset.
You would also be:
- Detail oriented;
- Proven time/workload management skills;
- Able to work under pressure of high sample volumes and to meet deadlines;
- Organized, highly motivated, and able to work independently or in a team;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than May 3, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – Lab Assistant (LA2) – Job ID 2013EV20 - Burnaby” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.