ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Laboratory Analyst (AN3)
Location: ALS Environmental – Saskatoon, SK
Reports To: Laboratory Supervisor or Team Lead
Shift: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm (Day Shift)
Some on-call or overtime coverage may be required.
Position will last until November.
About the Position
The Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data. This position is responsible for producing quality data and meeting strict turnaround times by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements, to ensure clients receive efficient service and quality results.
- Prepare samples, reagents, standards, and reference materials for analysis;
- Analyze samples of different matrices using laboratory instrumentation to generate accurate results for clients;
- Complete data processing activities (i.e. data entry into LIMS, calculations, evaluation etc.) and all required documentation;
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repairs as required;
- Work with Account Managers to deliver accurate results and updates to our clients in a timely manner;
- Perform technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Monitor inventory of spare parts and consumables;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT);
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry, or related discipline is required;
- 2-3 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or related field experience an asset.
- Trace Metals/Water Quality analysis experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with ICP-MS instrumentation would be considered an asset.
You would also be:
- Excellent English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), with confident computer skills;
- Organized, analytical, and process oriented;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle pressure from high sample volumes and competing turnaround times;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than April 12, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “AN3 – Job ID 2013SK09 - Saskatoon” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Life Sciences but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.