ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Laboratory Analyst (AN2)
CN Instrument Team
Location: ALS Environmental, Vancouver
Reports to: Inorganics Supervisor – Water Quality or Team Lead
Shift: Sunday to Thursday (Sunday 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday to Thursday 3:30pm-11:30pm)
About the Position
The Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data.
- Responsible for Cyanide analyses following documented specific methods and/or procedures for the CFA instrument;
- Operate and provide support for other instruments (e.g. PCTitrate, TKN and NH3 FIAS equipment and Spectrophotometer) as required;
- Perform digestions, distillations, extractions and instrumental analysis on samples following documented specific methods and/or procedures;
- Prepare samples, reagents, standards, and reference materials for analysis;
- Analyze samples of different matrices using laboratory instrumentation to generate accurate results for clients;
- Complete data processing activities (i.e. data entry into LIMS, calculations, evaluation etc.) and all required documentation;
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repairs as required;
- Work with Account Managers to deliver accurate results and updates to our clients in a timely manner;
- Perform technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Monitor inventory of spare parts and consumables;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT);
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Lead.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry or a related discipline (required);
- 1 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or related field experience (asset);
- Previous experience with water quality analysis (asset).
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) as required;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) at an intermediate level;
- Confident computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Capability to perform repetitive tasks correctly in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines such as Turnaround Times (TAT) and holding requirements;
- Analytical and process oriented skills with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- A commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than August 26, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – AN2 | Job ID 2013EV93 - EV” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.