ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Laboratory Analyst (AN1) Inorganics
Location: ALS Environmental – Grande Prairie, Alberta
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Some on-call or overtime coverage may be required.
About the Position
The Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data. This position is responsible for producing quality data and meeting strict turnaround times by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements, to ensure clients receive efficient service and quality results.
- Prepare samples, reagents, standards, and reference materials for analysis;
- Analyze samples of different matrices using laboratory instrumentation to generate accurate results for clients;
- Complete data processing activities (i.e. data entry into LIMS, calculations, evaluation etc.) and all required documentation;
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repairs as required;
- Work with Account Managers to deliver accurate results and updates to our clients in a timely manner;
- Perform technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Monitor inventory of spare parts and consumables;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT);
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Lead.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry or equivalent laboratory experience is required.
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or related field *experience an asset*.
- Experience with any of the following instrumentation and chemistries would be an asset but not a requirement for the positions – IC, ICP-OES, AA, CVAA, Microtox for ERCB D-50, B.C. CSR, ABT1 and CCME criteria.
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), with confident computer skills;
- Organized, analytical, and process oriented;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle pressure from high sample volumes and competing turnaround times;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should send a resume and cover letter via email or apply online at www.alsglobal.com *no later than October 25, 2013*.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – GP11 – AN1” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago