Laboratory Analyst (AN1)
Location: ALS Environmental, Edmonton
Reports to: Inorganics Supervisor
Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
About the Position:
The Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data.
- Prepare samples, reagents, standards, and reference materials for analysis;
- Analyze samples of different matrices using laboratory instrumentation to generate accurate results for clients;
- Complete data processing activities (i.e. data entry into LIMS, calculations, evaluation etc.) and all required documentation;
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repairs as required;
- Work with Account Managers to deliver accurate results and updates to our clients in a timely manner;
- Perform technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT);
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Lead.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry or a related discipline (required);
- Previous experience with wet chemistry, water sample preparations, digestions, titrations etc. (asset);
- Previous experience with continuous flow analyser, colourimetry instrumentation, etc. (asset).
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) as required;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) at an intermediate level;
- Confident computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Capability to perform repetitive tasks correctly in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines such as Turnaround Times (TAT) and holding requirements;
- Analytical and process oriented skills with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- A commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than June 21, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – 2013ED16 – AN1 - ED” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.