ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Director of Business Development
Location: ALS Environmental – Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Director of Operations, Eastern Canada
About the Position
The Director of Business Development is responsible for managing the Sales Team and maintaining and developing new business opportunities across Eastern Canada.
- Development of key corporate accounts;
- Routine sales management of key corporate accounts;
- Budgeting, hiring, training and mentoring;
- Weekly top line budget progress reports;
- Strategic planning and market identification;
- Develop target lists of potential new business clients in the defined territory;
- Relate, in a positive and productive manner, the services available at ALS to existing and potential clients;
- Plan, co-ordinate and carry out a series of contacts with qualified clients in order to increase business. Time and Territory Management requires a monthly plan of sales calls and activities;
- Perform sales and cold calls, as required, to meet regional new business development goals;
- Supply the client with requested information on all aspects of ALS operations, both general services and specific technical information with the assistance of laboratory staff;
- Assist in the communications between ALS and the clients, through follow up on pricing, billing, and technical issues;
- Develop and manage departmental staff including coaching and mentoring;
- Coordination of team personnel and resources to maximize sales, customer service and efficiency;
- Work scheduling and day-to-day planning activities within the team;
- Provide quotations and pricing and give input on proposals to senior staff and follow up on these quotations and proposals to track successes and failures;
- Keep in constant contact with the market-place and report back to Operations;
- Supply management with contact reports, weekly reports, and monthly sales plans;
- Participate in monthly operational meetings; present sales report;
- Assist in the production of sales brochures, price lists, and any other material required to improve the effectiveness of the sales force;
- Manage human resources within the department including:
- Recruitment, Interviewing, Hiring, Induction
- Staff Training Programs (technical, safety and quality)
- Staff Mentoring Programs
- Staff Career Development
- Performance Management including disciplinary action and termination if necessary
- Assist in arranging ALS seminars and workshops for clients;
- Attend and represent ALS at tradeshows and conferences;
- Lead and organize client events, seminars and presentations;
- Participate in client appreciation events and industry seminars/conferences;
- Track public RFP’s;
- Write proposals and quotes as required;
- Maintain knowledge of relevant environmental criteria and guidelines;
- Maintain knowledge of laboratory capabilities and service offerings;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a person to sit up to 8 hours per day;
- Ability to spend 50% of your time travelling;
- This position will require work outside of regular work hours.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelors degree or Diploma in Science (Environmental or related field)
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service or technical sales;
- 2 years in a Supervisory or Management role preferred; Demonstrated Leadership
- Valid, clear driver’s licence and use of own vehicle for travelling.
You also have these qualities:
- Energetic and dynamic;
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills;
- Strong customer service background;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication;
- Comfortable with public speaking.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should send a resume and cover letter via email or apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than November 22, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV-MS01-DBD” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- For the employee referral bonus program this position is eligible for a Level D bonus award.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard