ALS Group is a diversified international analytical laboratory and testing services group which first established its operations in Queensland, Australia in 1975. The company processes more than 10 million samples per annum and is one of the largest analytical laboratory groups in the world. Its staff of over 12,000 operates out of over 300 locations in 50-plus countries throughout Australia, North America, South America, Africa, Europe and Asia. The ALS Environmental Business Unit provides high quality and dependable analytical testing data to assist consulting and engineering firms, industry, and government agencies around the world in making informed decisions for environmental projects. For more information please visit www.alsglobal.com.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
We are currently recruiting for a:
ACCOUNT MANAGER (CSS3)
Location: ALS Environmental, Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00am till 4:00pm
The Account Manager works in a team with a Primary Account Manager and potentially other Account Managers to provide excellent customer service to ALS clients.
- Provide assistance to Primary Account Manager in managing their client portfolio;
- Act as the secondary contact for clients (i.e. e-mail, phone, fax);
- Coordinate smaller client accounts and profiles as designated by the Primary Account Manager and the Client Services Manager;
- Provide service advice to clients (i.e. analysis requirements, TAT, holding times, etc.) to assist them in meeting project or regulatory objectives at the direction of the Primary Account Manager;
- Ensure that all client calls are returned as soon as possible after receipt (within 1 hour);
- Prepare sample bottle requests in Seedpak and prepare them to go out;
- Maintain and update client information (i.e. contacts, addresses, locations etc.);
- Initiate and issue Client Complaints (CC), Corrective Action Reports (CAR) and Rechecks;
- Answer incoming technical queries or forward to an appropriate ALS/ETL manager if necessary.
- Coordinate client sample submissions/requests;
- Review selected chain of custody/analytical request forms received in login on an as required basis;
- Coordinate subletting tests with Sample Management Supervisor for client accounts;
- Work closely with the Sample Management staff (sample submission) and Office Services staff (invoice & reporting);
- Ensure any client special reporting requirements are carried out;
- Track client projects on the LIMS system and provide status to the Primary Account Manager or client when requested;
- Review data reports and invoices;
- Issue rechecks for work submitted;
- Ensure timely completion and transmission of final and draft client reports.
Sales & Marketing
- Carry out client visits as defined by the Client Services Manager;
- Prepare cost quotations(< $20K);
- Coordinate logistics for client events.
- Provide direction, information and specifics on client samples and projects to appropriate laboratory, sample management and office services staff;
- Maintain communication with laboratory staff on general lab turnaround times and relay appropriate information to clients;
- Communicate any special client requests to staff;
- Update Contact Manager & Senior Management with pertinent client related news, projects and/or concerns;
- Provide status updates on client projects to the laboratory.
Industry & ALS Knowledge
- Be familiar with appropriate environmental regulations;
- Provide information to clients on branch services, capabilities, qualifications, turnaround times, etc., as required.
- Organize and participate in an in-house seminars, and lunch and learn sessions;
- Support other members of the Client Services team in relation to client requests.
- Carry out login checks (verifying account numbers, client contacts, sample; identifications, dates/times, job reference numbers, PO’s, COC attachment, etc.)
- Adding/updating login qualifiers on work orders;
- Fixing easily correctable files;
- Assigning/updating priority codes on work orders;
- Preparing bottle orders;
- Answering the phones;
- Doing additional (and ultimately being responsible for ensuring the samples get to the analysts);
- Participating in rotating on-call schedule for login back-up;
- Updating/creating login notes;
- Assist with invoice corrections;
- Coordinate sublet tests, verifying statuses, entering sublet data, attaching sublet data to final report;
- Assist with reviewing the status of data (i.e. rush, recheck, missing, held, etc.);
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Positive and energetic outlook;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills-Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Degree or technical diploma in Chemistry or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Environmental Chemistry.
- May be required to lift sample that weigh up to 30lbs.
To apply please submit your resume no later than November 25, 2012. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter via email or apply online at www.alsglobal.com.
Due to a high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV- CSS3- Job ID 2012CL34 - Calgary” in the subject line will be considered.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard