ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Login Clerk (LG2)
Location: ALS Environmental – Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Login Supervisor
Shift: Tuesday-Friday 12:00pm-8:00pm and Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
About the Position
The successful incumbent will be responsible for all sample login activities at the laboratory. The priority for this position will be to receive and organize samples, verify client information and enter the pertinent information into the laboratory data systems.
- Receive work orders as they arrive in the laboratory with little or no supervision;
- Open and layout samples and paperwork to confirm all required samples have been received with little or no supervision;
- Enter all pertinent information into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS);
- Determine when client sample processing instructions are missing, incomplete or ambiguous;
- Maintain close liaison with Laboratory Manager and other lab staff to ensure the smooth delivery of our services to clients;
- Shipping and receiving duties as required;
- Ensure adherence to all procedures and policies (safety, quality, employment and technical);
- Transport samples into lab, some heavy lifting required (up to 23kg);
- Identify and resolve internal and external problems when they arise;
- Early morning and weekend and evening shifts may be required as needed;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for a full shift;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent (required);
- Some experience working in a fast-paced, production, and/or preparation environment (asset);
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic laboratory safety (asset);
- Experience working with chemicals or in a laboratory setting (ex. school) (asset).
You would also be:
- Intermediate English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Basic user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), with basic computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Well organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Process oriented, with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than April 25, 2014.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – ED 13 – LG2” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
At ALS Environmental, we provide a full range of environmental analytical testing services, specializing in the analysis of soil, sediment,...