ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Location: ALS Environmental – Burnaby, BC
Reports to: Inorganics Supervisor – Trace Metals or Team Leader
Shift: Monday to Friday, evenings 3:30pm -11:30pm
About the Position
This position will assist with routine laboratory functions, such as preparing client samples for analysis and routine lab maintenance. You will be working independently and in a team environment, with an emphasis on providing quality and efficient service to clients.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent (required);
- Lab technician training or knowledge of environmental sciences (asset);
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a analytical laboratory or environment science (asset);
- Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic laboratory safety (asset).
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) as required;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) at a basic level;
- Basic computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Capability to perform repetitive tasks correctly in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines such as Turnaround Times (TAT) and holding requirements;
- Analytical and process oriented skills with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- A commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than July 8, 2014, 2014.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – EV63 – LA3” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.