ALS Environmental provides an extensive range of environmental analytical testing services, including soil, water, air, biota, radiochemistry and industrial hygiene. We work closely with our clients to ensure their needs are met now and in the future.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Laboratory Analyst - BOD (AN1)
Location: ALS Environmental – Fort McMurray (FM)
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Shift: Friday to Tuesday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
About the Position
The Laboratory Analyst will work independently and as part of a team to accomplish a variety of lab tasks, including analyses, lab maintenance, and generating data.
- Prepare samples, reagents, standards, and reference materials for analysis;
- Perform BOD/CBOD analysis
- Analyze samples of different matrices using laboratory instrumentation to generate accurate results for clients;
- Complete data processing activities (i.e. data entry into LIMS, calculations, evaluation etc.) and all required documentation;
- Perform instrument/equipment calibration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or repairs as required;
- Work with Account Managers to deliver accurate results and updates to our clients in a timely manner;
- Perform technical decision making for non-routine, complex analyses or matrices;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times and hold times;
- Ensure adherence to all procedures and policies (safety, quality, employment and technical);
- Adhere to strict QA/QC requirements and assist with the upkeep of Standard Operating Procedures;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- During slower periods there are opportunities to learn & cover other chemistries such as TSS/TDS, Naphthenic Acids and Oil & Grease
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry or a related discipline (required);
- 2-3 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or related field experience (asset);
- BOD/ CBOD experience
You would also have:
- Good English communication skills (auditory, verbal, written, and reading) as required;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) at an Intermediate level;
- Basic computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Capability to perform repetitive tasks correctly in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines such as Turnaround Times (TAT) and holding requirements;
- Analytical and process oriented skills with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- A commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than January 15, 2013.
- Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “ENV – FM01 – AN1” in the subject line will be considered.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Environmental but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
At ALS Environmental, we provide a full range of environmental analytical testing services, specializing in the analysis of soil, sediment,...