The Laboratory Analyst will be working with client samples providing analysis of these samples for routine chemistry parameters.
- Analyze samples for chemistry parameters;
- Ensure the quality of the analytical data meets ALS standards;
- Perform routine maintenance and ensure that concentration and instrumentation is in good working order;
- Data entry and verification;
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures;
- Organize workload to meet Turn Around Times (TAT’s) and hold times.
- Query a work list of samples, creating work groups, data entry and data transfers;
- Adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to stand or sit for a full shift; ability to lift 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Completion of technical diploma or BSc degree in chemistry or related field;
- Lab experience with reagent preparation, pH, organic chemistry extraction techniques and extract concentration instrumentation would be an asset;
- Intermediate experience with Excel and Microsoft Word would be an asset.
You would also be/have:
- Capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Well organised, and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and carry out detailed instructions.
Indeed - 5 months ago