An Administrative Coordinator, Communications and Knowledge Mobilization (KMb), is required to support the administration and execution of diverse communications and knowledge mobilization activities of AllerGen NCE Inc., a national Networks of Centres of Excellence. We are seeking a well-organized team member with experience in writing, editing, project management, grant applications and a familiarity with the knowledge translation process from the research environment to products, services and policy.
- Coordinates, monitors and supports internal and external communications, including the development of promotional and marketing materials, newsletters, meeting materials, grant applications and summary reports.
- Identifies, coordinates, monitors and supports knowledge mobilization opportunities arising from Network research and related activities.
- Assists to plan, organize and execute workshops, seminars and knowledge mobilization activities with a variety of stakeholders.
- Researches, prepares and edits summaries for publication about AllerGen-supported projects and partnerships.
- Supports maintenance of the Network’s website and customer database.
- Assists to support, track, maintain and report on AllerGen’s online presence across all social media platforms.
- Develops, tracks and documents NCE and monthly performance indicators related to knowledge translation efforts, communications activities and associated social and economic impacts.
- Strong practical and theoretical understanding of research methods, communications principles and knowledge translation and mobilization theory and practice
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Group leadership and/or facilitation skills would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to work as a supportive and effective team member in an environment of multiple priorities
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and, at minimum, two (2) years of related experience working in knowledge translation and mobilization, communications, research, public administration or health sciences.
Location: AllerGen NCE Inc. is located in Hamilton, ON at McMaster University. An ability to travel regionally and nationally is required.
Please note, employees of AllerGen NCE Inc. are not employees of McMaster University.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by April 5, 2013.
Indeed - 16 months ago