At Alberta Distillers, a subsidiary of Beam, Inc., we’re proud of our people, products and heritage. Our success and the quality of our brands are attributed to the talent of our people.
Reporting to the Senior Chemist, the Lab Technician is required to perform routine analysis to support and monitor the quality performance of plant operations.
· Promote quality, environmental, health and safety achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
· Promote the ownership of quality to the employees performing activities in the manufacturing process.
· Promote and adhere to food safety, quality and continual improvement standards.
· Perform routine analysis. React to data as needed.
· Ensure product meets regulatory and specification requirements.
· Set-up and maintain taste panel.
· Enter data into databases.
· Monitor and react to quality assurance testing.
· Maintain work instructions in appropriate software.
· Participate in problem solving activities.
· Participate in Global Work teams.
· Conduct audits – internal, supplier and copacker.
· Serves as a technical resource for the operation.
· Other projects or activities assigned by the Quality Manager or direct supervisor.
· Graduate of Chemical Technology or combined 2 yrs experience and some post-secondary training in food industy QA method.
· ISO 9001, HACCP or ISO 22000 experience a plus.
· Ability to work independently.
· Good communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be proficient in analytical techniques.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail under limited supervision and within established time frames.
· Must be able to work in a strong team environment.
· Must be a progressive problem solver.
· Ability and proven experience in using PC and software used by the operating units.
· Must be willing and able to taste alcoholic beverages.